PDA

View Full Version : Doable with X-reas?

cornrunner
05-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Greetings UY'ers. Just wondering if anyone has tried or even is possible to try a front lift like 4 wheeler mag did for their 04 TraiLex (GX 470).

http://www.fourwheeler.com/projectbuild/129_0407_2004_lexus_gx470_customization/suspension_and_tires.html

I don't have access to my vehicle (03 4runner) and don't remember if the front strut has the same shaft below the shock body that connects to the eye. It seems that with the GX, all of the features of the automatic suspension are retained and should be compatible with the X-reas.

One other question, has anyone using a Daystar or other X-reas spacer lift developed any problems with the X-reas system due to the heavier weight of bigger tires?

Good Times
05-04-2008, 06:17 PM
I don't think anyone has pursued this route. Though not difficult or impossible to do, with the abundance of aftermarket lifts available it really doesn't make sense to go through the trouble to lift it this way. Back then no lifts were available so they did what they did not now that with aftermarket vendors competing for your hard earned $$ it's cheaper, faster and easier to just buy aftermarket and call it a day.

Plenty to choose from so pick your poison and have fun :D

As for spacers on the xreas, everyone that I've helped install and others with this same configuration hasn't had any complaints regarding the upgraded tire combination.

Good luck

Robinhood4x4
05-04-2008, 10:15 PM
I can't imagine the xreas would even know there are bigger tires installed.

AlexJet
07-01-2008, 11:41 AM
I have tested 2 different sets of Cornfed back a while. Both setups (2+1 and 3+2) worked well with XREAS.
If you do off-road your truck, just upgrade to new shocks/coils and take XREAS off.
When I used OME setup (best value/price) it ride better then stock XREAS. I'm now running custom lift with Baja Fox shocks on front and Rancho back with custom coils. Never had better ride quality, 10x better then XREAS.

cornrunner
07-09-2008, 04:50 PM
I'm now running custom lift with Baja Fox shocks on front and Rancho back with custom coils. Never had better ride quality, 10x better then XREAS.

Would you mind elaborating on your custom lift? Also, did you need to regear after putting on your 35"s?

AlexJet
07-10-2008, 07:10 AM
Would you mind elaborating on your custom lift? Also, did you need to regear after putting on your 35"s?

The lift I have is custom. Basically I build it with parts from different manufactures. I source out parts in shape/size/ specs I need if no one had it build my own. Like my front coilovers are Fox which are used in Baja. Rear are Rancho 9000XL. Coils were custom made by Deaver. All brackets, mounting points, bases, etc was just build in my garage.
I have to re-gear as the truck is slow and engine works on heavy loading. I'll be testing fitment of aftermarket gears in end of July.

rpmfoundation
12-17-2008, 08:22 PM
yeah Xreas is a no go, just get rid of it..sway-a-way 2.5's coils or whatever Lance suggests.. when i had mine i was told that i can easily swap fronts for 2.5 coilovers and rear with OME rear shocks and springs..