PDA

View Full Version : Mosquito Repellent - the garlic way!

Good Times
05-20-2008, 03:22 PM
Ok I came across this site by accident and thought I'd pass this to ya guys that might find it helpful or funny.

Mosquito Barrier is a three pronged attack:

(1) It kills the adult mosquitoes on contact.

(2) The garlic coated plants keep mosquitoes out of the area.

(3) It suffocates any mosquito larvae in standing water, such as puddles, under decks, water in tin cans or depressions in lawn, etc.

Garlic breath can be deadly after eating some fine Korean BBQ but I never thought the smell of garlic can also be deadly for mosquitos! :chair: Bob, sounds like you need to bring your Korean BBQ to all of our events from now on!

O for those 4 legged lovers, they're totally safe on all pets :)

Source: Mosquitobarrier.com (http://www.mosquitobarrier.com/)

Seanz0rz
05-20-2008, 03:24 PM
first vampires and now mosquitoes?! what will it do next?!?!

paddlenbike
05-20-2008, 04:14 PM
Bob & David got me going on the Korean BBQ. If they ever show up for a group event without it, I'm sending them home.

We'll keep up the garlic mashed potatoe tradition...

corax
05-20-2008, 04:48 PM
Garlic also works as a natural mosquito repellant from just eating it (gets excreted through your pores), plus it's good for you anyway. If you eat tomatoes before venturing out in the great wild, mosquitoes will actually be attracted to you.

Tankota
05-21-2008, 07:54 AM
We used to put powdered garlic on our dogs food a while ago, because it keeps the fleas off too.
It was really affective but I think it made him fart mustard gas or something. Talk about deadly. We decided to just deal with fleas rather than garlic farts.

hillbilly
05-21-2008, 08:11 AM
:lol: :rofl:

I can't image how bad those must've been. My lab gets horrid gas from some lousy treats. Garlic would bring her air biscuits to a whole new level... :fart:

gilby4runner
05-21-2008, 08:38 AM
I am a firm believer in garlic as a repellent. I eat a ton of it and i am never bothered by mosquitoes or ticks. Even while red fishing in the swamps they didnt mess with me.

hillbilly
05-21-2008, 09:40 AM
So its safe to assume you're single?

gilby4runner
05-21-2008, 11:01 AM
wife cooks with it and it in my supliments.... I chew a lot of gum...lol

Seanz0rz
05-21-2008, 11:06 AM
ah see hes married, no need to not smell anymore.

i think i will just cover myself with deet. im sure the risks and side effects are not as bad as bird flu or monkey pox or badger aids, or whatever new disease is transmitted these days.

Good Times
05-21-2008, 01:12 PM
Garlic also works as a natural mosquito repellant from just eating it (gets excreted through your pores), plus it's good for you anyway. If you eat tomatoes before venturing out in the great wild, mosquitoes will actually be attracted to you.

Wow I didn't know tomatoes had that kind of affect. Guess I'll just have to load up on lots of garlic to counter it.

Seanz0rz
05-21-2008, 01:45 PM
1 2 3 not it! for sleeping in the tent with lance! sorry bob.