PDA

View Full Version : Sherman Pass Jeep Trail then on to Monache Meadows. June 14-15th

xonetruthcrewx
05-20-2008, 06:56 PM
The 14th and 15th of June is Fathers day and I was told I get to do whatever I want. So its a weekend camping trip with the family. Both these trails are easy. Just some good scenery and light offroading. I have done both these trails before and if you want an idea of what to expect check out the links. Jawbone to Isabella (http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=3328.0) and Monache Meadows (http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=1905.0). (Just the Monache Meadows section. Not everything in this link.)

Heres the plan. Meet up at Jawbone Station the morning of the 14th. Leave there by 0800. This trail took me 4 hours last time I did it, but about 30 of the 54 miles were snow covered. It should probably take us 3 or so hours. From there go into Lake Isabella. Gas up, hang out for a few, and then head out for Monache Meadows. It will probably take an hour and a half to get the the beginning of Monache Meadows. It will then be another hour or so to get all the way out into Monache Meadows. It is very remote and so worth it.

We should be out there with plenty of time left before sundown. Just gonna hang and relax. Sunday is all up to you. I am going to do some more relaxing, maybe a little exploring and then head out. Gabe (papa_smurf) is coming out with his FJ of course and hopefully some of you can make it. Its going to be a good time.

[Edit - Good Times - Linked to Calendar]

xonetruthcrewx
05-22-2008, 04:52 PM
So what, you guys cant hang with me anymore cause i no longer have a Toyota? Haha. The off road setup is being put together as I write this for the Touareg. Got some of the stock 17's and a set of 32" Nitto Terra Grapplers for it. Even a full size spare. Werd.

I didnt mention the address for Jawbone Station above, so here it is. 28111 Jawbone Rd. Cantil, CA 93519.

Hope some of you decide to come out, if not, you will definitely be bummed when i do a write up for it. Seriously.

expatoz
05-23-2008, 10:08 PM
I think a few of us from the 120 Forum intend to head up to Moanche Meadows on the 16th for a week of wheeling and relaxing. Have a safe trip.

xonetruthcrewx
05-24-2008, 10:22 AM
Well I hate to break it to you Mark but, I am going to take all the fun that Monache has the weekend prior to you going. That sucks for you. Haha. Nah dude, have a good trip and you too be safe out there. We can compare pics after our trips. :thumbup:

slosurfer
05-24-2008, 10:35 AM
I'll have to play this one by ear. This sounds fun and I've seen pics from your trip and others, and it's a place I really want to see. Much depends on how slow work is this next few weeks.

How hot is it up there at that time of year?

xonetruthcrewx
05-24-2008, 11:27 AM
Last time i went it was July 7th. Temps down in Isabella and the desert side were like 105. It was damn hot. Up at Monache things never got over 75. Morning temps were in the mid to low 40's. It could be the same, it could be a little cooler. Hell, it snowed down to about 5000ft yesterday and highs this weekend here at 4000ft are supposed to be upper 40's. Crazy weather man. Gotta be prepared for whatever. Hope you can make it out Chris.

slosurfer
05-25-2008, 10:43 AM
Ah crap! I just found out that our really good friend's Cal Poly graduation is on Father's Day. Looks like I'm out. :( Why the hell is the graduation on Father's Day?:lame:

xonetruthcrewx
05-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Graduations are lame period. You should just skip it. He would understand. :thumbup:

xonetruthcrewx
05-26-2008, 08:39 PM
I couldnt wait. Had to try out the new setup today. Went and did Jawbone to Isabella. It was good but not all that exciting and I dont think I want to do it again like originally planned.

Here is the new plan. Sherman Pass Jeep Trail and then on to Monache Meadows. In the Monache link I posted above there is a section from Sherman Pass. Sherman Pass Jeep Trail is a difficult rated trail. When I did it before in the 4Runner it wasnt too difficult. It will definitely be more on the "difficult" side with the Touareg. Haha. Should be fun and im looking forward to it.

With the new plan comes a new meeting place. Here it is,

Sierra Mountain Chevron
6618 Wofford Blvd, Wofford Heights, CA

Lets leave the meet spot by 0900. So get there a little before, gas up, stretch, whatever. Just be ready to go by 0900.

So if some of you want a challenge and some good wheeling/camping, I hope you can make it out.

And some pics of the new setup. 32" Nitto Terra Grapplers. Werd.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/xonetruthcrewx/Touareg%20and%20Offroading/IMG_0448copy.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/xonetruthcrewx/Touareg%20and%20Offroading/IMG_0501copy.jpg

xonetruthcrewx
05-29-2008, 05:00 PM
No one? Not even someone with an excuse as to why they cant go? Haha.

Seanz0rz
05-29-2008, 05:03 PM
gas is 4.25 a gallon?

BruceTS
05-29-2008, 05:07 PM
I'm trying to figure out how to fund my trip to the Rubithon, so there's no way I'd be able to make the trip....

xonetruthcrewx
05-29-2008, 08:14 PM
gas is 4.25 a gallon?

Dont you mean "maybe"? Haha. Yeah, gas is expensive, so what. Work more. At least your rig dosent use premium like both of my cars. Its only gonna get more expensive, we all just need to learn to live with it. Either that or kill ourselves. :chair:

I'm trying to figure out how to fund my trip to the Rubithon, so there's no way I'd be able to make the trip....

Hey Bruce, the Wife said "F**k Bruce and his twinkies!" Haha. She said that she wishes you would come cause you make things more fun. Haha. But your reasoning is legit. At least you wheel unlike everyone else. :headscratch:

Seanz0rz
05-29-2008, 08:24 PM
Dont you mean "maybe"? Haha. Yeah, gas is expensive, so what. Work more. At least your rig dosent use premium like both of my cars. Its only gonna get more expensive, we all just need to learn to live with it. Either that or kill ourselves. :chair:

i dont even have the money to fix my truck, let alone pay for a full tank to go wheelin on fathers day! hope you have a good time out there though. maybe post up on adventure 4x4?