PDA

View Full Version : Al Gore

anthony1
05-28-2008, 10:45 AM
I don't know if this has been talked about before, but talk about not walking the talk. Good thing he didn't get in the office. It's scary to think how he would rape this country for his own gain.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121011613215972205.html

http://www.tennesseepolicy.org/main/article.php?article_id=367

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2007/11/12/global-warming-plot-thickens-gore-joins-venture-capital-group

fustercluck
05-28-2008, 04:12 PM
Moved to politics for content. Thanks for contributing. Al Gore is a tool.

dontdo_that
05-28-2008, 08:24 PM
All that is pretty interesting and does have truth to it. Check out Jatropha

ChickenLover
05-28-2008, 11:08 PM
Yes, Gore is definitely a tool. But let's give credit where credit is due. With a little help from the mainstream media and Hollywood, this man is successfully conducting a world-wide con.

I can appreciate a well-executed scam as much as the next guy. It's just unfortunate that this one will have such a negative effect on so many people.

calrockx
05-29-2008, 03:02 PM
Al Gore presidency > George Bush presidency times a billion.

Seanz0rz
05-29-2008, 03:09 PM
Al Gore presidency > George Bush presidency times a billion.

thank you. while there is stuff i dont like about gore, i can only imagine how different things would be right now if he had become president.

scottiac
05-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Just my 2 cents on the "walk the talk" b.s...

I do wonder why people think that someone who is worth upwards of a billion dollars *wouldn't* have a proportionally larger home/estate with proportionally higher energy demands. If I lived in a mud hut, with no electricity, running water, or the like, I would consume far less energy than I do at home now. But should I do that, simply because it is physically possible for me to consume less? My income supports a (slightly :P ) larger place, with modern conveniences. That doesn't mean I don't use CFLs, dry my clothes on a line when I can, etc.

Now, if I had all of that money, and was going to custom build a palace for myself, I would probably make it energy neutral, but if I inherited it, there's not as much to be done.

So a little reality check math... The article says he uses more power in a month than I do in a year. Ok, he makes more in TWO HOURS than I make in a year. I don't find it surprising that his mud hut is twenty times nicer than mine.

And just for another possible perspective on him attempting to profit on the whole GW thing. Wouldn't you think it's MORE credible that he invests in something he believes in? If he DIDN'T invest in companies that stand to make a profit from the various outcrop initiatives leading from these environmental activities, people would be screaming at his hypocrisy for not putting his money where is mouth is for THAT.

Note that I'm not arguing whether I agree with him or not; just pointing out that the arguments that people like to keep bashing him with(like the house thing, which has come up about 134 bazillion times) are pretty silly arguments for evaluating the core basis for his position.

(edit: Had to correct my math... I think he only makes about 1000 times more than me.)