PDA

View Full Version : Wheeling Map?

slosurfer
06-06-2008, 04:20 PM
When did we get this? It's bad ass. :thumbup: Are we going to be able to add in wheeling areas/trails?

Wheeling Map (http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_google_maps&Itemid=207)

Will we be able to put in "gps tracks" for trails, i.e. the Mojave Road?

DHC6twinotter
06-06-2008, 04:27 PM
I think they've been working on this for the past few months. Supposedly, you will eventually be able to add trails and such. I think they are still working on it though. Definitely a fantastic idea. :D

4runnerchevy
06-06-2008, 06:35 PM
At the very least we should have an area dedicated to share Trail maps, topo's, GPS coordinates.

Ric
06-07-2008, 12:12 AM
thats pretty freaking cool, :clap: let us know when we can ad trails to it.

Cebby
06-07-2008, 03:47 PM
The only way to add info to it is through the admin backend. The intention was to set this up for trailhead meet ups, etc. I haven't found anything that permits user input - plus policing that would be a headache IMO.

We will put together a form of some sort that we'll accept input into.

I had forgotten all about that - it's been there since we first talked about it last year I think.

Lee
06-09-2008, 04:44 PM
we'd have to be sure what's added is legal, open, and for public consumption. rausch being on there, for example, is just fine. but up here we keep trail locations secret for a reason... the locust wheelers go to these trails and rip them apart, trash them, have fires and parties, and draw attention to themselves and make us all look bad until the trails are closed.

i can name 4 trails that were closed in the last 3-4 months alone.

04 Rocko Taco
06-09-2008, 09:19 PM
We have the exact SAME problem here Lee!

Ric
06-09-2008, 09:31 PM
that stinks, Im sure every state or area has a group that ruins it for the rest, trust me Denver has its share :(