PDA

View Full Version : ToyTec lift Question

warrior3313
06-22-2008, 08:39 PM
I am currently installing my toytec lift. got the back up and done with. NOw i have the XREAS suspension and the shocks on the front of the car are laid up in the coils and pose a problem. i cant follow the directions cause i dont want to undo the hydrolic lines to the shock so how do i pull the coil out? do i have to pull the upper a arm out or do i have to undo the ball joint? which is better and or easier. or how do i replace my coils with the XREAS on the front?

Good Times
06-22-2008, 09:42 PM
one way is to lift all 4 tires off the ground. once the xreas lines are not under pressure you can disconnect them w/o any loss of fluids/pressure. Some might drip but nothing significant that will damage the xreas system.

the other option is to work with the front shock/coil assembly within the front wheelwell area. I've done this method on 3 xreas trucks now with no problems so it can be done. I did have to disconnect a few things though:

swaybar link
tie rod (steering)

For the most part you can follow the directions and you should be fine. Just be careful you don't damage the abs lines (brake). they're pretty fragile fyi.

good luck

warrior3313
06-23-2008, 09:28 AM
Yea id rather not disconnect any hydrolic lines. we were thinking of undoing the upper a-arm and so we could get at it that way idk what do you think?

Good Times
06-23-2008, 12:40 PM
I still think it's too much trouble disconnecting the upper a-arm. You should be able to work within the confines just by removing the tie rod (Steering) and the swaybar. Worst case scenario you can disconnect the upper a-arm at the spindle if you're still having problems working in the small space.