PDA

View Full Version : Feeler: 2001 4runner with mods, lifted, locked, and what not, trade LC/Lexus lx

neliconcept
06-24-2008, 08:13 PM
For those of you who dont know the truck

2001 2wd converted to 4wd using inchworms tube adapter and prerunner adapter custom fitted for speed sensor using inchworms lefty case with 5:1 gearing.

has arb airlockers front and rear, has decent setup with storage in back, will be better built once truck gets back to south carolina.

35s with 4.56 gearing, somewhat hauls ass in lower elevation, not so much in colorado. its in iowa right now so no new pictures, im in virginia right now and i want to trade for a built or stock 100 series cruiser, maybe lexus, looking for a good DD not as modified and better built for longer travel with more space.

issues that will be fixed before truck is handed over if i decide too
new steering rack
new axle seals and bearings
fix frame for rear bumper and drop it down a half inch.

the plans were this
http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v284/42/67/85500505/n85500505_30532346_1199.jpg

not explaining what i was going to do, just a picture of what it would have looked like

regardless i have 5 days to cancel my order for diamond housings for high 9 front, low 9 rear.

being around bentleys and rolls royces here in virginia for the past couple of days has been making me think about some other things. and yes ill probably make a report thread about this event.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m68/neliconcept/IMG_9887.jpg
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m68/neliconcept/IMG_9888.jpg

it does now have rear bumper, the entire site knows what it looks like by now, im sure from the thread. if you dont.. ill put pictures up later.

not much else i can think of.

AxleIke
06-24-2008, 09:23 PM
Uh....Dude........

If you are serious about getting rid of the truck, I'd cancel those axles ASAP. You MAY get this thing gone in 5 days, but I doubt it.

Otherwise, I'd go have a long chat with Christo about what it takes to hang 9's under a 100 series. He is about the only shop around I'd trust with a project like that.

The first was the blue berry, we could call yours the dingle berry :D

Bighead
06-25-2008, 04:44 AM
I don't see where Blake says he is thinking about SACing a 100-series. But since you brought it up ;) here is Christo's write-up: http://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series-cruisers/193310-featured-100-slee-off-road-1998-uzj105-solid-axle-100-series.html

neliconcept
06-25-2008, 08:37 AM
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo no no no no

lol

no way in hell id be dumb enough to trade in a 4runner just to get a LC100 and then drop the IFS

whole point is a slightly modded 100 for DD status and able to handle trips like my canyonlands trip.

thats it.

just canceled the axles anyways.

not sure on price yet, located in anderson sc or atlanta GA depending on when this thing goes, (going to art institute of atlanta next year) and id rather trade within week or two or if i sell, id like to find a 100 that id buy first before selling technically. so not much downtime though i do have the m3 and 535i bmws i can drive.

oly884
06-25-2008, 12:35 PM
Why are you selling the 4runner? Seems like an incredible amount of wasted time and money over the last couple months only to sell it because you changed your mind, again.

neliconcept
06-25-2008, 12:38 PM
Why are you selling the 4runner? Seems like an incredible amount of wasted time and money over the last couple months only to sell it because you changed your mind, again.

i have my reason, go tell everyone else that who has posted up a built up 4runner too, or else i wouldnt be a little defensive right now thinking that im getting attacked quite a bit more then others.

oly884
06-25-2008, 12:48 PM
First off, you're not being attacked.

Blake, I'm simply stating what most people here have seen and from my perspective, it does seem like wasted time and money. Most people I know who build trucks and sell them take them out quite a bit and sell them down the road a ways.

And you do change your mind quite a bit, then act on it. I don't know whether you consider all options or the long term effects of these decisions, but you don't give off the impression that you do think long and hard about these things. We could go back to all the different ideas you had about your truck, and how many of those ideas you made into a reality, only to change your mind again and go down another path. I won't discuss college with you, but I think you can see the similarities.

Do what you want, it's not me making the decision, I'm just giving you my opinion on it. It's usually good to hear opinions, good or bad, they usually will tell you what the best option is. If all you want to hear is praise and get pats on the back, you're going to have a tough time as life goes on.

neliconcept
06-25-2008, 01:52 PM
i understand their are bad opinions and good ones, but to be honest, every single one i have encountered has been worded with a mal intent in a way.

and school? i really dont want to get into that subject, i know im making the right decision and no one can ever tell me other wise.

I want the LC100, i drove one, it does feel different, but i really need more space for what Im doing. thats it. I wanted to SAS, but i saw that as a huge money issue down the road and further depleating funds. and ive been back and forth on it, but i had the right idea and plans of what to do with that and that is called research.

Give me some ideas, ill take em, but id like it worded with the intention of help and not the intention of an attack as i felt that was

oly884
06-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Blake, I'm not intending to say you're making a bad decision, with school or the truck. However, what I am pointing out to you is that you have had a tendency to change your mind quite often and start heading down a different path. I don't know, nor do I care, where you are getting the funds for this, but keep in mind they won't be there forever and you don't want to be up shit creek without a paddle.

I know what research is, 3/4 of my job is researching every aspect of HVAC systems. I also know you do plenty of research with the project you are interested in at the present moment, but I'm talking about looking ahead at things such as, maintenance, future costs, space, mileage, and if you will ever use it to the full potential.

Perhaps some forward thinking would have helped you with the truck and school so that you would not be in this situation with both.

I'm not going to blow sun-shine up your ass, Blake. I see potential in the projects you work on, but I also see someone who goes after the bigger and better constantly rather then enjoys what he has and is thankful for it. Jumping colleges all the time, constantly changing what you want to do on the truck, and now you're selling it, all these things are not cheap, but most of these things could have been avoided had you listened to a few replies from some of your threads you created. We don't all have to learn by touching the stove.

Aside from all of this, it doesn't really matter because it's not my money, and it's not my time. I'm only telling you this in hopes that you will take some portion of this to heart and don't create a thread in 3 months about how you are broke, don't like the school you're at, or you missed your 'runner because of this or that and you want to build another one.

Perhaps I'm the only one who feels this way.

bamachem
06-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Perhaps I'm the only one who feels this way.

Perhaps not.

Blake, good luck selling the 4Runner. Also, as an owner of both a UZJ100 and a 3rd Gen 4Runner, I can see your affection for the UZJ. However, I can also tell you that wheeling that thing as a Rock Crawler will be neaxt to impossible on most trails due to the weight and sheer size. If you want something to wheel and you still want luxury, then drive one of the BMW's that you claim to have access to and get an old solid axle somethingorother to drive on the trails. That's the ONLY way you'll have your cake and eat it too.

IIRC, maybe a year or so ago I was telling you to sell the 2WD, buy a 4WD with the money, and then build it up. it would not only have been easier to do, but that you'd be much better off because you'll eventually want to sell whatever you have, and selling a converted 4WD with aftermarket parts, CEL's, no ABS, etc, will be incredibly hard to do without giving it away for less than half what you have in it.

I'm simply not going to tell you what you want to hear, whether you like it or not. You ask for advice, then you tell people you don't want the negative side of the viewpoints, only the positives supporting your position. That's not asking for advice, that's wanting someone to kiss your ass and tell you what a "god" you are. I'm not going to be "that" person. However, I am going to tell you that I know FROM EXPERIENCE, you are going to loose your ass selling a built 4Runner, especially in today's gas market. Not only that, but a converted one with specialty parts on top of that. I sold my factory 4WD for right at retail KBB value, and it had a documented $12k in mods currently on/in the truck as well as a new timing belt, water pump, drive belts, cam seals, crank seal, 35" tires, brake rotors, calipers, pads, rear shoes, and lower sonoran steel suspension links. all of that was NEW when it was sold, on top of everything else that was less than 2 years old like the front and rear bumpers, lockers, gears, budbuilt skids, etc, etc, etc...

You would be smart to keep it and live with your decisions if you can afford to keep it. If you can't afford to keep it, then you need a UZJ100 like you need a hole in your head (or gas tank). If you simply have to have more space and a better ride, then do what you have to I can tell you this - the UZJ is larger, but that size comes with a cost. 16 MPG on the highway and 13 around town for one that's completely stock. if you could come up with a water tight cargo box that uses a hitch receiver then you'd have the same cargo capacity in the vehicle that you have so much money invested into, a smaller more wheelable size, dual lockers, and something you know.

Again, good luck with your endeavors.

Lee
06-25-2008, 04:08 PM
im really not trying to be a dick but... did you ever even wheel this 4runner? i mean as much as the mods indicate? i dont mean once or twice or 5 times. i mean did you challenge the truck and modify as you went so you could learn their value and appreciate what your truck could do better as a result?

id like to see pics because im always waiting to see pics of this thing on a trail run and i never see any :)

calrockx
06-25-2008, 10:57 PM
Blake, I'm not intending to say you're making a bad decision

i am. http://calrockx.com/etc/pics/forums/_other/smilies/wave.gif

04 Rocko Taco
06-26-2008, 07:47 AM
BLake, not trying to jump on any bandwagons here, nor do I think there is any 'pick on blake' or 'attack blake' clubs, I think a lot of your decisions ask for a good bit of negative criticism, and I know you dont like to hear it, no one does, but you have to learn to handle it, take it in, and use it. Often times the negative criticisms can be your biggest helpers.

The only point I came in here to make is that I too have often wondered if you ever challenge the truck at its stages of development.
By now, its a pretty nice pretty built rig, lockers front and rear, all the 4WD conversion, its pretty built. But did you wheel it along the way of its transformation?

Like with my '84, I wheeled it stock, on 31's. I wheeled it a lot. probably 25 times in 8 months.
Then I got a lift, and 33's. I wheeled it probably 15 times in 4 months this way and saw how much better it was than before.
Then I got a welded rear, and sliders and a tube bumper up front and my tube doors. I have been wheeling it this way for about 6 months now.
I wheel it a LOT. I know not everyone (including yourself) has the time, money, or inclination to wheel every weekend like I do. But I try to get to Morris Mtn, Tellico, Gray Rock, Aetna, somewhere, EVERY weekend. It doesnt always happen, but more often than not....

I've learned a LOT about my truck, and more importantly about myself through these wheeling experiences, that I dont think I would have learned, if I just let it sit and drove it to the mall while I was waiting on all the best parts.

Would I like to have dual cases? Sure.
Chromoly Longs? Definitely.
Better Springs? Of course.
Front locker? Who doesn't?

But I know these things come in time, and I think its very important to wheel your truck along the way. That way you can truly appreciate the money and time you have in your junk to see how much you can improve it.

Anyway, I dont think its the best idea, but you didnt ask for my opinions... so...

I wish you luck in whatever it is you decide to do, both with school and the truck.

mastacox
06-26-2008, 08:53 AM
Give me some ideas, ill take em...

i know im making the right decision and no one can ever tell me other wise...

[I'm doing this anyway...] thanks for all the help though...

is anybody getting that part of my posts into their head yet?

what money i make for my mods is my business.

i know what most are thinking, im a spoiled rich kid who doesnt know the value of a dollar.

no it isnt high school, but thats the way im interpreting it.

ok lets get this straight, id take you more seriously if you didnt have a snide ass remark...

shizzle like that pisses me off more then anything. I ask for straight shooter responses...

instead you make about 10 ****ing posts that say that one damn sentence with a bunch of bullshit in between and make this thread totally ****ing useless

why am I pissed? because out of every ****ing thread ive had for ideas or doing a conversion or whatever else ive done, ive had you or others come badger the ******* out of me and give me the most bullshit repsonse that anyone could give. im out of here.

ill let you all know when im done, no more from me on out

I don't want to burn any bridges here, but seriously it seems that the quotes above are a good summary or your threads lately Blake... If you post a thread asking for people's opinions, you can't get pissed when those opinions don't agree with what you wanted to hear. Going from converting to 4wd with stock components (was advised against, done anyway...) to a straight axle swap and twin-turbo setup with super exotic top-of-the-line components to run the Ultimate Adventure and a sponsored round-the-world trip, to a somewhat more down to earth SAS, to just selling the rig and getting a 100-series Landcruiser or Lexus. Is it any mystery why people wonder WTF is going on in your head?

You've gotten a lot of good advice from some experienced people here. Listening to what they have to say may be hard, but they're not talking out of their asses. I personally trust the guys on here give me good advice.

neliconcept
06-26-2008, 12:14 PM
ok going to be as blunt as possible without getting defensive.

in my opinion, opinions are statements about what one is thinking, attacks are remarks made in a destructive manner which makes me feel uncomfortable to even post much up.

This thread isnt, do i want opinions on whether i should sell or not.. Its a thread about, is anyone interested in trading or taking this truck thread.

Does anyone really understand my frustration about that comparison?

thank you

04 Rocko Taco
06-26-2008, 12:19 PM
I get that, and you are probably right, we shouldnt clutter this thread up with our opinions about you selling, and for that I apologize.

and yes I'll take your truck....

...for $1000

oly884
06-26-2008, 12:52 PM
Perhaps you are right, Blake.

However, keep in mind that this is a public forum and as a result you will get posts such as you have seen.

Also, keep in mind that these posts that others and myself have created are a result of your several threads where friendly advice or suggestions are given in hopes that you would avoid a situation such as this. You did not listen to what people had to say, and you are now selling your truck, and will lose a lot of money in the process.

To be honest Blake, people (including myself) are a bit tired of all this, hence my posts. All we see is someone who can't make up his mind and is throwing money out the window. It has or will get to a point where no one will want to deal with you because you clearly don't listen to what they have to say.

If you can't take these 'attacks' on the web, then how are you going to take 'attacks' in person? You WILL have every aspect of your life challenged at some point, it's better to learn how to take them in stride instead of running from them.

If you feel we are wrong, then defend it, don't whine about how you're being attacked and how it makes you feel like not posting.

Once again, do as you please, but you are wrong if you expect people to not say anything if things continue down this road.

neliconcept
06-26-2008, 12:57 PM
also keep in mind, im looking for straight trade, or if i sell it, enough money to fund a lc100 of good mileage without money out of my pocket, im not going to let it go easy.

so i may not end up selling it

neliconcept
06-26-2008, 01:00 PM
Perhaps you are right, Blake.

However, keep in mind that this is a public forum and as a result you will get posts such as you have seen.

Also, keep in mind that these posts that others and myself have created are a result of your several threads where friendly advice or suggestions are given in hopes that you would avoid a situation such as this. You did not listen to what people had to say, and you are now selling your truck, and will lose a lot of money in the process.

To be honest Blake, people (including myself) are a bit tired of all this, hence my posts. All we see is someone who can't make up his mind and is throwing money out the window. It has or will get to a point where no one will want to deal with you because you clearly don't listen to what they have to say.

If you can't take these 'attacks' on the web, then how are you going to take 'attacks' in person? You WILL have every aspect of your life challenged at some point, it's better to learn how to take them in stride instead of running from them.

If you feel we are wrong, then defend it, don't whine about how you're being attacked and how it makes you feel like not posting.

Once again, do as you please, but you are wrong if you expect people to not say anything if things continue down this road.

Oly, no offense but you are reading way too much into ever post i have ever put up. In my opinion, i have paved a road for those who may want to change their truck who have 2wds and have too much invested to trade up and maintained it too well.

thats besides the point, you are bringing other crap up that should not even be posted.

Here is my opinion, if you dont want to deal with me, then get the hell out.

Im here asking for inquiries, this is a for sale section, if i remember right, i think the rules might have stated to keep the bullshit out of this section? maybe i didnt read into it.

I have had one inquirey on the mud forum, maybe thats where i should stick to for now on.

bamachem
06-26-2008, 01:45 PM
damn, i like this boat... :D

http://quityerbitchin.com/images/photos/Quit_Yer_Bitchin_Aft_040718.jpg

FYI, in case you haven't noticed, David is on staff here. He's not going anywhere unless it's his choice... Maybe it's time for you to take a break, do some personal reflection, calm down, come to your senses, and participate in some friendly dialogue? These "attacks" that you refer to are NOT attacks. They are nothing more than friendly advice from slightly older, more experienced people who don't necessarily see you go down a path full of mistakes. That's why you get the comments that you do - it's because people are TRYING TO HELP YOU! When will you wake up and realize that?!?!?!! Life's lessons are hard enough. Why not listen to some of the people who have "been there, done that" and not repeat some of the same ones over again. Nobody is out to get you or make you look like a fool. People offer alternatives to your ideas or play "devil's advocate" to help ensure that you don't make mistakes. If people wanted to see you fail, then we'd all just sit back and keep our comments to ourselves and then point fingers and laugh when you trip on your own shoe laces.

oly884
06-26-2008, 02:00 PM
Oly, no offense but you are reading way too much into ever post i have ever put up. In my opinion, i have paved a road for those who may want to change their truck who have 2wds and have too much invested to trade up and maintained it too well.

thats besides the point, you are bringing other crap up that should not even be posted.

Im here asking for inquiries, this is a for sale section, if i remember right, i think the rules might have stated to keep the bullshit out of this section? maybe i didnt read into it.

I have had one inquirey on the mud forum, maybe thats where i should stick to for now on.

The work you have done is substantial and could definitely help someone in the future, no arguments there. However, I would imagine that in very few cases, short of building a buggy or a hybrid buggy/4runner, would it be more cost effective to convert to 4wd as opposed to selling it and buying a 4wd equipped vehicle.

I'm bringing up crap that shouldn't even be posted? Please explain what this is. I'm simply stating things as I see them.

I have no intentions of not dealing with you, so I don't need to get the hell out.

I'm attempting to help you realize that many of these things could have been avoided. It is possible that you simply don't care about how much money has gone down the shoot, or all the time spent on working on this truck. I know I would. But go ahead and sell the 'runner, and just some advice... when you get your next vehicle, I suggest listening to what people have to say.

neliconcept
06-26-2008, 07:55 PM
this is a for sale section, thats what should be in this section, cars that are for sale, and those inquiring about purchasing them, nothing else, no banter.

simple as that. i guess moderators and staff are besides the rule here?

seems that my posts have gone so far off topic that the topic is not even known to the poster who may be reading on.

look... the point is, im feeling a trade for a perfect LC100 that is either stock or may be modified.

i wont trade inless i absolutely think its a great deal and that im coming out ahead or heading in a direction that the rig will suit my needs for a long time and will be my ideal purchase.

simple as that. leave it be people and stop with the bs.

04 Rocko Taco
06-26-2008, 08:04 PM
Just out of curiosity, who is going to trade with you now knowing that you have to come out ahead? which means they have to lose....

smart.

calrockx
06-26-2008, 08:09 PM
god you're a drama queen blake, ease up.
yotatech, part 2.

pick a college, pick a truck, and be done with it.

wait, let me put a smiley so i don't appear like such an ass
:)

garrett
06-26-2008, 09:20 PM
god you're a drama queen blake, ease up.
yotatech, part 2.

pick a college, pick a truck, and be done with it.

x2 :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:

oly884
06-26-2008, 10:49 PM
Well Blake, it appears that nothing I have said has made an impact on you what-so-ever. Keep in mind that the board is ran by a few of us, and if we decide to have threads open to OT talk, then so be it.

Moving on....

How much would you consider your truck is worth? How about the mileage you get (important factor now), what WILL you fix when you sell it, and what year LC100 are you looking at? These are all things that you should realistically be looking at.

4runnerchevy
06-27-2008, 08:06 AM
How much would you consider your truck is worth? How about the mileage you get (important factor now), what WILL you fix when you sell it, and what year LC100 are you looking at? These are all things that you realistically be looking at.

x2
If I were a reader looking for a truck then I would need this info. How about what shop did your modification ? Why should I pay for an aftermarket conversion, when I could just buy a warrantied 4wd runner ?

i wont trade inless i absolutely think its a great deal and that im coming out ahead or heading in a direction that the rig will suit my needs for a long time and will be my ideal purchase.

Knowing its heavily modified, and after reading this topic, I think I would click somewhere else.

ADH8796
06-27-2008, 09:33 AM
I think the things above probably could have been said in a PM. Here's a bump for you.

Ric
06-27-2008, 09:40 AM
I WANT BACON...

Heres a Thought.
Blake,
List everything you have done, to your rig.
List everything that works, properly.
List everything that needs, to be fixed.
List everything that YOU will, get fixed.
But list what you want for it.. list what you are will to accept for for it.

List what price your willing to pay for a new vehicle.

You never know, someone on here, or someone "lurking" my either want it, or know someone that does...

Either way, I was you luck.

oly884
06-27-2008, 09:46 AM
I think the things above probably could have been said in a PM. Here's a bump for you.

With the given history, I disagree. However, I'm done discussing it, hopefully others will be to.

Blake, as a suggestion, why not think about picking up a car instead and keep the runner? If that's not in the budget, why not sell the runner and get a car and a project truck that will suit your needs? The all-in-one doesn't really exist, or it's very expensive. Of course, two vehicles can be difficult to juggle as well.

May I ask why you need a bigger vehicle? 4runners are pretty decent for space, especially considering you don't have kids.

Lee
06-27-2008, 10:34 AM
If that's not in the budget, why not sell the runner and get a car and a project truck that will suit your needs? The all-in-one doesn't really exist, or it's very expensive. Of course, two vehicles can be difficult to juggle as well.
this is what i did... and i am happy i did so far.. once my truck is done that is!

as long as you have somewhere to keep/park the project vehicle you're all set, really not hard to juggle, only thing to keep in mind is the additional bill for insurance.

Good Times
06-29-2008, 05:57 PM
Blake,

Here's a clean 100 if you're looking.

http://www.bajaoverland.com/100forsale.php

Definitely up your alley but you're gonna have to pay a premium for it. No clue how much you're planning to sell your 4runner but I'm guessing add another 15k and you can buy this 100.

neliconcept
06-30-2008, 02:16 PM
How much would you consider your truck is worth? How about the mileage you get (important factor now), what WILL you fix when you sell it, and what year LC100 are you looking at? These are all things that you should realistically be looking at.

see? now that helps, thank you for the advice

Lance, thanks for the point in the right direction, ill check out the baja overland 100, he usually builds them right.

just got my computer setup again, hdd had a heart attack last week

oly884
06-30-2008, 07:43 PM

I suggest not speaking to me like a child, Blake.

And you're welcome for the advice. One thing I would caution you on is that you won't be able to factor in much, if any, of the 2wd to 4wd conversion. It drove the cost up to you, but the person who buys or trades for your 4runner, they will have no reason to pay more for a vehicle just because it's converted to 4wd. Just a heads up.

4Runner202020
06-30-2008, 08:02 PM

And you're welcome for the advice. One thing I would caution you on is that you won't be able to factor in much, if any, of the 2wd to 4wd conversion. It drove the cost up to you, but the person who buys or trades for your 4runner, they will have no reason to pay more for a vehicle just because it's converted to 4wd. Just a heads up.

but you have to remember by converting his runner the way he did its not just a 4wd. he's got dulls because of it a clocked transfer case because of it full float front because of it manual hubs because of it.... those things can and will be appriciated in the price wether it be little or big they will play a factor. and he is selling to a limited market. a limited market in which people understand the kind of work goes into doing it the way he did and should respect him for doing it in such a way and should respect that the 4runner they are potentially buying is as built as ifs can go and is way better than say my 4runner which has the 35's which has the front and rear bumpers which has the rear locker ect i have a lot that blake has but her has twice as much as what i have and kills me on the trail every time we go. he has a rediculously built ride and should be respected for it.

bobby

neliconcept
06-30-2008, 08:15 PM

how was I speaking to you as you were a child? I was merely pointing out that the quote you presented me was worthy advice while the rest of your ranting was, well... ranting.

oly884
06-30-2008, 08:22 PM
Don't get me wrong, dual xcases 5:1 gears, full float, manual hubs, those are all nice. However, the cost of converting it to 4wd alone had to be substantial. Hence me saying that you will have a hard time justifying the cost of the 2wd to 4wd conversion when there is a plentiful supply of factory equipped 4wd 4runners out there.

It is a limited market, especially now. However, most people won't pay extra for a vehicle just because of the work that went into it. After all, we're not talking about Lamborghini's, Ferrari's, or the beautiful Koenigsegg. We're talking about a 4runner. I'm only giving him advice, he can take it or leave it.

oly884
06-30-2008, 08:27 PM

how was I speaking to you as you were a child? I was merely pointing out that the quote you presented me was worthy advice while the rest of your ranting was, well... ranting.

Best of luck selling your 4runner blake.

Lee
06-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Don't get me wrong, dual xcases, full float, manual hubs, those are all nice. However, the cost of converting it to 4wd alone had to be substantial. Hence me saying that you will have a hard time justifying the cost of the 2wd to 4wd conversion when there is a plentiful supply of factory equipped 4wd 4runners out there.

It is a limited market, especially now. However, most people won't pay extra for a vehicle just because of the work that went into it. After all, we're not talking about Lamborghini's, Ferrari's, or the beautiful Koenigsegg. We're talking about a 4runner. I'm only giving him advice, he can take it or leave it.

well the real point is the money went into creating a... heavily built ifs truck.

people who want to pay big money for dual cased, heavily built front end trucks usually want to see a solid axle there.

just my 2 cents.

BruceTS
06-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Don't get me wrong, dual xcases, full float, manual hubs, those are all nice. However, the cost of converting it to 4wd alone had to be substantial. Hence me saying that you will have a hard time justifying the cost of the 2wd to 4wd conversion when there is a plentiful supply of factory equipped 4wd 4runners out there.

well the real point is the money went into creating a... heavily built ifs truck.

people who want to pay big money for dual cased, heavily built front end trucks usually want to see a solid axle there.

just my 2 cents.

no dual cases.......

oly884
06-30-2008, 10:24 PM
Fixed.

Lee
07-01-2008, 03:16 AM
oh sorry i was going off his post :laugh:

AxleIke
07-01-2008, 08:12 AM

but you have to remember by converting his runner the way he did its not just a 4wd. he's got dulls because of it a clocked transfer case because of it full float front because of it manual hubs because of it.... those things can and will be appriciated in the price wether it be little or big they will play a factor. and he is selling to a limited market. a limited market in which people understand the kind of work goes into doing it the way he did and should respect him for doing it in such a way and should respect that the 4runner they are potentially buying is as built as ifs can go and is way better than say my 4runner which has the 35's which has the front and rear bumpers which has the rear locker ect i have a lot that blake has but her has twice as much as what i have and kills me on the trail every time we go. he has a rediculously built ride and should be respected for it.

bobby

I dissagree.

While I think Blake has a great truck, I don't think you can list respect as a selling point.

Do I have respect for Blake? Sure. Am I going to pay more just because I respect him? No.

I also don't think that a lowball price can be considered disrespectful. Its just sound buying practice. Seller starts high and works down, buyer starts low and works up. I don't see that as disrespectful at all.

Maybe I'm missing the point here, but I just fail to see where respect has anything to do with anything.

Blake, as selling advice goes, I'd say a reasonable expectation to get for your truck in todays gasoline driven market is 15.

More if you find a sucker.

Start high, and that way lowballs will be somewhere in your expected range.

Realistically, selling this truck is unaffordable. You will take a major hit any way you slice it.

You really should be looking at a straight up trade. Get on IH8MUD and troll the 100 series section and the FS section. Your best bet is to find a fellow wheeler looking to get into a family capable truck that is more wheelable than his 100, and will trade you.

Do the best you can, and remember, this is going to take quite a bit of patience.

neliconcept
07-01-2008, 09:47 AM

bobby

I dissagree.

While I think Blake has a great truck, I don't think you can list respect as a selling point.

Do I have respect for Blake? Sure. Am I going to pay more just because I respect him? No.

I also don't think that a lowball price can be considered disrespectful. Its just sound buying practice. Seller starts high and works down, buyer starts low and works up. I don't see that as disrespectful at all.

Maybe I'm missing the point here, but I just fail to see where respect has anything to do with anything.

Blake, as selling advice goes, I'd say a reasonable expectation to get for your truck in todays gasoline driven market is 15.

More if you find a sucker.

Start high, and that way lowballs will be somewhere in your expected range.

Realistically, selling this truck is unaffordable. You will take a major hit any way you slice it.

You really should be looking at a straight up trade. Get on IH8MUD and troll the 100 series section and the FS section. Your best bet is to find a fellow wheeler looking to get into a family capable truck that is more wheelable than his 100, and will trade you.

Do the best you can, and remember, this is going to take quite a bit of patience.

thanks Issac, i still need to get work done before i can let it go anyways, patience i have as i cant let it go too fast lol, still attached to it.

Whitey
07-01-2008, 05:01 PM
I thought you wanted a 4th gen?
http://www.toyota120.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3136

xonetruthcrewx
07-01-2008, 05:31 PM
I'll give you 10 grand for it. Straight up.

Ric
07-01-2008, 05:35 PM
I'll give you 10 grand for it. Straight up. wooow, Id probley let mine go for that, lol esp. in todays market, being that that many, want a gas hoggin SUV.
The sad thing is,, its only going to get WORSE, if your trying to sell a gas sucking SUV, being that gas prices will never go back down, only up.

neliconcept
07-01-2008, 10:45 PM
I thought you wanted a 4th gen?
http://www.toyota120.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3136

after test driving one, it pissed me off more then me liking it. so that didnt work out, i really like the ride and feel of a 100, and i have drivin a 200 as well.

neliconcept
07-01-2008, 10:46 PM
seriously now, somebody just delete the thread, it has just become a useless dead thread with bullshit and drama

everyone has practically ruined it except for a select few.

to be honest im done with this place

bamachem
07-02-2008, 06:27 AM
seriously now, somebody just delete the thread, it has just become a useless dead thread with bullshit and drama

naaah, no reason to delete it. it's not useless (unless you don't take advise that's offered) and it's obviously not dead because it keeps on popping up. no BS, just people telling you how it is, and the only drama is your reactions to their comments. besides, it's good entertainment at times.

ruined? naaah. rained on your parade? maybe.

done? haven't you said that before? you're not done with us. you'll miss us too much to just leave... :D

oh, and a 200? What's a 200? The new 2008+ UZJ's? I haven't kept up with them and to be honest don't know the new model designation...

AxleIke
07-02-2008, 06:43 AM
oh, and a 200? What's a 200? The new 2008+ UZJ's? I haven't kept up with them and to be honest don't know the new model designation...

http://images.drive.com.au/drive_images/Editorial/2007/09/19/ToyotaLandCruiser02_L_m.jpg

neliconcept
07-02-2008, 10:03 AM

naaah, no reason to delete it. it's not useless (unless you don't take advise that's offered) and it's obviously not dead because it keeps on popping up. no BS, just people telling you how it is, and the only drama is your reactions to their comments. besides, it's good entertainment at times.

ruined? naaah. rained on your parade? maybe.

done? haven't you said that before? you're not done with us. you'll miss us too much to just leave... :D

thats the problem, ive counted maybe 3 posts from like Issac and maybe somebody else that was actually advice.

the rest is just what it is, nothing... i have no parade to rain down on, all i want is for interest in my vehicle nothing more.

people are just commenting and making blunt comments on an idea that i am very aware of and dont need to be reminded of in 4 pages.

yet. that still happens? i guess im the only one who actually sees the thread as useless

to be honest. thats outrageous for a bunch of moderators and admins to see it the other way around.

localmotion
07-02-2008, 10:51 AM

Guess you're not honest... :tongueout:

neliconcept
07-02-2008, 11:09 AM

Guess you're not honest... :tongueout:

just trying to defend an already destroyed thread i guess.

04 Rocko Taco
07-02-2008, 11:10 AM
thats the problem, ive counted maybe 3 posts from like Issac and maybe somebody else that was actually advice.

the rest is just what it is, nothing... i have no parade to rain down on, all i want is for interest in my vehicle nothing more.

people are just commenting and making blunt comments on an idea that i am very aware of and dont need to be reminded of in 4 pages.

yet. that still happens? i guess im the only one who actually sees the thread as useless

to be honest. thats outrageous for a bunch of moderators and admins to see it the other way around.

I think this whole thread is interest in your vehicle. Interest in why you think you should sell, interest in the money you will be losing, interest in being curious if you have carefully considered all aspects of this or are you just jumping around again? Interest in helping you see this may not truly be the best course of action, and somewhere on a deeper unintentional level maybe helping you learn to deal with real life, but then again maybe not.

Now this thread has not sparked much interest in someone purchasing your rig, or trading you thier 100, but it has sparked plenty of interest in the IDEA of selling your rig, and as this is a feeler thread, and not an actual for sale classified thread, I think thats exactly what it was designed to do.

Toughen up.

Don't let others criticism deter you, they just want to see that you have considered all factors. In the end, its your rig, and your money to lose. SO go ahead and do whatever you want despite what we all say or think. Thats what you are going to do anyway, and probably should. Afterall you can think for yourself, right?

neliconcept
07-02-2008, 11:38 AM
Chris, good points and yes if i took advice on what to do with my life from forum members, then i should put a bullet through my own head.

with the comment regarding feeler, feeler meaning, is their anyone with interest in the vehicle. not interest in why im selling it.

i can understand the why comments, but most have been assholish toned ones regarding the truck.

every thread ive had over the past couple of months, ive had some serious negativity in them. I have looked at classifieds on mud and if someone comes in with a lowball offer or says wtf that price is too high, usually someone comes in and says stfu.

its classifieds, its a selling of a vehicle, not a debate.

bamachem
07-02-2008, 11:45 AM

so, you've got your panties in a wad because people are not kissing your ass over selling your truck?

do you REALLY expect that to happen?

all you want is interest in your truck, and you have FOUR PAGES worth of posts in just a couple days and you're not happy? why? because not every one is telling you what a "god" you are? having others give you opinions that differ from your own is NOT being critical. it's called LIFE. get used to it, that's what you have to look forward to in the working world. hell, you're going into photography - what will you do when people CONSTANTLY critique your work? will you simply quit and move to the next thing on a whim? it's OK to receive critical advise. it's smart to listen to it.

last time i checked, this was a FEELER thread, meaning that you wanted comments, suggestions, and were checking to see if there was any interest in it. besides, here's a refresher for our rules in the classified section. comments are OK, and welcomed. you don't have to kiss ass here in order to post. we prefer honesty over fluffing someones ego.

GENERAL RULES

* Transactions within the UltimateYota.com classifieds section is at your own risk.
* UltimateYota.com and its staff are not responsible for any transactions.
* Please check our member feedback section for prior member transactions.
* Please be wary of buyers/sellers with low post counts and/or sellers without positive sales feedback.
* Also, please be wary of new member/sellers who are parting out vehicles without pictures or VIN numbers.
* This is NOT eBay - no AUCTIONS or BIDDING.

SELLERS: MANDATORY RULES

SUBJECT LINE

* Name of item(s)

BODY

* Detailed description and condition of item
* Price
* Your location

PICTURES (Optional)

* Picture(s) significantly increases the chances of a successful sale.
* Please keep your images to no greater than 640 pixels wide.
* You can also link to your sale item as well.

OTHER RULES

* If you are selling/parting out a vehicle, members may want the VIN number to confirm the vehicle exists.
* VIN numbers can be exchanged via Private Messaging or email to keep your VIN number private.
* "For Sale" posts can also be linked in the Main Forum for additional exposure.
* No Vendor advertising in the member section, posts will be deleted.
* Spam ads and accounts will be immediately deleted.

oly884
07-02-2008, 11:59 AM
Quit being so dramatic Blake, we're here to help and give advice where we see it needed. The "negativity", as you call it, is a result of your own actions and your attitude towards advice or criticism given by members of this forum. Almost every time someone is critical of and idea, decision, or post of yours, you are instantly defensive. Yet you keep posting things as if you expect everyone to give you a pat on the back and not question you.

You have played the "I'm done here" card several times, so, if you want to leave you're welcome to. If you want to stay, great! You have a nice truck, and you have accomplished what a lot of people here have not.

Moderators and staff here will be fair, but fairness has nothing to do with injecting our opinions. We would treat anyone in a similar situation the exact same. We are not breaking rules by posting in here and we are not deleting threads or posts.

neliconcept
07-02-2008, 01:03 PM
Quit being so dramatic Blake, we're here to help and give advice where we see it needed. The "negativity", as you call it, is a result of your own actions and your attitude towards advice or criticism given by members of this forum. Almost every time someone is critical of and idea, decision, or post of yours, you are instantly defensive. Yet you keep posting things as if you expect everyone to give you a pat on the back and not question you.

You have played the "I'm done here" card several times, so, if you want to leave you're welcome to. If you want to stay, great! You have a nice truck, and you have accomplished what a lot of people here have not.

Moderators and staff here will be fair, but fairness has nothing to do with injecting our opinions. We would treat anyone in a similar situation the exact same. We are not breaking rules by posting in here and we are not deleting threads or posts.

ive said im done twice, once when i first started and just now, no several times to it.

im not asking for a pat on the back, all i want are inquiries about the truck, its a fucking classifieds ad, not a new product or new modication, where is criticism even needed?

good lord ppl are yall that ignorant?

oly884
07-02-2008, 01:23 PM

ive said im done twice, once when i first started and just now, no several times to it.

im not asking for a pat on the back, all i want are inquiries about the truck, its a fucking classifieds ad, not a new product or new modication, where is criticism even needed?

Ignorant? Right Blake.

Remember, comments are OK here in the classifieds. Hopefully it isn't surprising to you that you are receiving comments like this. From that, the rules allow them, so you may disagree, but we're not going to change them just to satisfy you.

Oh, and why the criticism? Blake, you were told that you should sell the 'runner when you first mentioned going to 4wd. Instead you tossed all those suggestions out the window. Then there was school. Blake, your history of posting things here usually goes as such:

Post an idea/act/etc.
Receive critical comments.
Instantly go on defensive.
Go through with it anyways.

rinse, repeat.

Do you expect people to sit idly by as you go about your charades whether it be with you truck, photography, school, or party life and expect not to receive any negative comments? I don't care whether it's in the classifieds or not, it's OK to post comments such as mine in this thread, IT'S NOT BREAKING THE RULES.

None of these comments seem to be stopping people from posting inquiries about your truck. You've already got several questions about it. If you want to address the criticisms, then do so, don't bitch and moan about them. If you do not want to address criticisms, then don't reply back to them. It is that easy.

neliconcept
07-02-2008, 01:36 PM
good suggestion about ignoring everything.

guess that means about everybody

bamachem
07-02-2008, 01:49 PM

lol, blake... you're too funny. you need to forget photography and do stand-up!

yeah, we're just a bunch of dumbasses - you're the only smart one around here, so please continue to enlighten us with your infinite wisdom. you are, after all, a "god" (at least in design), right?

like i said before, at least this thread has some good entertainment value...

4runnerchevy
07-02-2008, 04:00 PM
like i said before, at least this thread has some good entertainment value...

It is definitly worth the entertainment value. I used to start crap like this just for fun. I save it for a different site now. I am sure potential buyers will enjoy sifting through all this crap.

2ndGen
07-02-2008, 04:47 PM
is it sold yet?

neliconcept
07-02-2008, 05:06 PM
for someone as old and supposedly wise as you are Andy, you arent very mature bringing up such a classless post.

thanks for proving some points of mine

BruceTS
07-02-2008, 05:24 PM
is it sold yet?

:tease:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popc orn:

xonetruthcrewx
07-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Alright, new offer. I got 9k for ya.

garrett
07-02-2008, 11:00 PM
Give me some ideas, ill take em...

i know im making the right decision and no one can ever tell me other wise...

[I'm doing this anyway...] thanks for all the help though...

is anybody getting that part of my posts into their head yet?

what money i make for my mods is my business.

i know what most are thinking, im a spoiled rich kid who doesnt know the value of a dollar.

no it isnt high school, but thats the way im interpreting it.

ok lets get this straight, id take you more seriously if you didnt have a snide ass remark...

shizzle like that pisses me off more then anything. I ask for straight shooter responses...

instead you make about 10 ****ing posts that say that one damn sentence with a bunch of bullshit in between and make this thread totally ****ing useless

why am I pissed? because out of every ****ing thread ive had for ideas or doing a conversion or whatever else ive done, ive had you or others come badger the ******* out of me and give me the most bullshit repsonse that anyone could give. im out of here.

ill let you all know when im done, no more from me on out

ive plated up towards the wheel............cuz i didnt do any, just tryin to get yall off my ass about it.

yet i still get even more criticism, rather then sure well cant wait to see it all finished up.

im out of here.

for someone as old and supposedly wise as you are Andy, you arent very mature bringing up such a classless post.

i added a few to "The List"....... everyone should pitch in

:flipoff: :shake:

Lee
07-03-2008, 05:45 AM
i just like that he called his own post classless by accident

and he was right :rofl:

bamachem
07-03-2008, 07:06 AM
i just like that he called his own post classless by accident

and he was right :rofl:

yeah, talk about "open mouth, insert foot"!!!

:rofl: :lol:

seriously blake, good luck with the sale.

Robinhood4x4
07-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Thread closed.