PDA

View Full Version : Just a "thought"

Ric
07-15-2008, 08:33 PM
What would you all think I could get for my rig ? the thought has crossed my mind a few times, Im not really thinking about it, but Ive always wondered whats it would be worth, since Ive had a few people ask me if Id be willing to sell it.
Heres what I can think of now that Ive either done to it, or got on/in it.
Rics 1999 4Runner (highlander)
206,000 miles
4:88s
285/75/16 w/Land Cruiser wheels (5) PLUS Ivan Stewart wheels (5)
Custom cargo box/sleeping platform
20# CO2 tank (w/acc)
Yakima rook rack with ext. shovel & hi-lift mounts
Armorology custom bumpers (front and rear)
Warn 9.5 TI winch w/ Syn. Line
Stubbs Sliders
ToyTeclifts coilovers
Toyteclifts rear lower link sliders
BudBuilt skids
WabFab disco in the rear
E-Locker
Alpine stereo
Cobra CB

Im thinking about $30K :rofl: (you know Im kidding)

xonetruthcrewx
07-15-2008, 08:49 PM
I would say 9k. Sucks, but thats the market. I sold mine for 15.5k and that was retail value on the truck. The retail value on yours is like 8.6k. Mine was built more too.

Ric
07-15-2008, 08:57 PM
yea, this is NOT the time to be selling a SUV, lol, Im really diggin the Lexus IS250

paddlenbike
07-15-2008, 09:04 PM
The IS250 would make a really nice *second* car. Keep the runner, otherwise you'll regret selling it and will waste a bunch of time and money finding another one.

xonetruthcrewx
07-15-2008, 09:08 PM
^^^^^^
What are you talking about? Its all about building the shit out of a vehicle, then turning around and selling it just to loose your ass in the sale and then go do it all over again on the next one. At least thats what I keep doing. Haha.

YotaFun
07-15-2008, 09:10 PM
yea, this is NOT the time to be selling a SUV, lol, Im really diggin the Lexus IS250

no no no go IS-F'

This past year, when I got in my accident (late 07 really) with 120K my truck was still worth 8k
So I think 9K is about right considering the mileage, since that's what people really look for.

Unless you find someone else that's looking for a well built dual purpose rig, but guys usually go to jeep land with that...

Marc P
07-15-2008, 09:13 PM
I will give you 5k and my VW fox,,,, :lol:

Maybe you should go hang out with neliconcept

Ric
07-15-2008, 09:16 PM
Id LOVE to get the IS-F but 60 grand :confused:

what ya mean by that ?

YotaFun
07-15-2008, 09:27 PM

At least he is not SAS'ing or changing his mind 10 times a year.
And I know ric, 60K is just a bit much lol

Like I said, bone stock 2 years older then yours and still worth 8K in 07, I am sure yours with a few mods, minus the mileage would settle around 9K

Marc P
07-15-2008, 09:32 PM
I was kidding :flipoff:

There has just been a rash of "feelers" recently

YotaFun
07-15-2008, 09:36 PM
There has just been a rash of "feelers" recently

I think its the fuel prices.
Honestly I have learned to deal with it.
I don't feel safe in anything smaller then Tess.
(gonna have to get use to it once I puck up my uncle's GTI...)

Ric
07-15-2008, 09:38 PM
kind of figured ya was, youve always been cool... but seriously, Ive been thinking about since last summer. Ive had this thing for soo long, and YES, Id lose tons of cash selling it, and YES, its a BLAST building it up, if, you call what "I" did as "building" it, lol

Ric
07-15-2008, 09:43 PM
Im probley going to keep it, as Tyler says it his, lol, and it is paid for, but man do I want that Lexus :D I know if I do keep it, Im still going to put money in it. :shake:
but ya never know, Im sure I would miss wheeling.

YotaFun
07-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Im probley going to keep it, as Tyler says it his, lol, and it is paid for, but man do I want that Lexus :D I know if I do keep it, Im still going to put money in it. :shake:
but ya never know, Im sure I would miss wheeling.

lol
Yeah well at least you wont be doing what I am doing
Pouring money into the Runner to make it and expedition rig
Pouring money into the GTI to make it and even more fun DD
Pouring money into a future Trail rig so I can flop lol!

Bighead
07-16-2008, 03:59 AM
The IS250 would make a really nice *second* car. Keep the runner, otherwise you'll regret selling it and will waste a bunch of time and money finding another one.

My wife's daily driver is the IS250 AWD. It is a nice ride and I enjoy driving it but I still prefer driving the 4Runner or the Land Cruiser. Handles great, nice power and really good gas mileage when she isn't romping on the gas. But during the winter months it is still lacking when there is a bunch of snow on the ground. During bad weather the Land Cruiser is her DD.

corax
07-16-2008, 08:24 AM
You can also get an IS300, used prices aren't bad at all - bulletproof 3L 2JZGE inline 6, most had a factory Torsen LSD, good handling, and if you want to throw money at it - a turbo kit to get you 600 reliable hp (over 1000hp possible turboed with a $troker kit)

justinh
07-21-2008, 08:44 AM
so is there an actual price?

4Runner202020
07-21-2008, 09:43 AM
ric IF you eve do sell i would take it back to stock first... i mean for the bumpers you could get $1,000 the lift $300 and two sets of wheels and a set of tires $500 and the cargo box some too... you got a really clean runner and could go back to stock and look like it was never lifted. lol but i know you wont sell it so stop thinking about it!!!!! lol

bobby