PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone.....

thook
07-17-2008, 10:21 AM
Making the ol' formal intro....

Name's Matthew. Please call me Matthew. I'm branching out from YT...had no idea'r this forum existed. I see a lot of familiar names here, too. Wondered where the hell you all had gotten off to!

JnJ invited me over here from the Brawler boys site. Nice forum here....just have to figure out how the hell to use it now. Very different from what I'm use to. And, firefox browser doesn't seem to like it too much. Any way around this? I'm having to use IE to navigate, but I don't really like IE.

Anyhow, I've got two 4rnrs.....one '86 and one '92. Both stock...more info later. Hopefully some pics soon, too. Nothing fancy...just the utility side of the vehicles is what I use. Had I more time and money, it would be a different story. I love the outdoors.

On that note, I live in NW Ark on ten acres in the woods. Grand place! My wife and I have an animal sanctuary (hence the need for good vehicles...Yotas)and that's predominately what I (we) do with our time. Well, I seem to be on the web a lot. :laugh: Gotta talk Toys with someone!

So, that's it for now. Hello, again....and thank you Jenn. <<Rhymed! I'm getting good at that lately! :smokin:

Matthew

YotaGirl
07-17-2008, 10:26 AM
Welcome to UY! We're glad to have you! :D

Good Times
07-17-2008, 10:53 AM
Welcome aboard Matt!

If you continue to have strange issues with FF, please create a thread here (http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&board=100.0) with the details and I'll see if we can resolve any issues.

slosurfer
07-17-2008, 10:54 AM
Hey Matt, welcome to UY!

bamachem
07-17-2008, 10:55 AM
welcome!

have you upgraded to the latest release from Mozilla (Firefox)?

it works fine for me...

gilby4runner
07-17-2008, 11:02 AM
Good to see you here!

Cebby
07-17-2008, 11:38 AM
Welcome aboard!

YotaFun
07-17-2008, 11:51 AM
Welcome Aboard Matthew!
In true UY fashion.....

:pics:

Hope you enjoy the site and get all the help that you need :thumbup:

4runnerchevy
07-17-2008, 11:54 AM
Welcome to UY

oly884
07-17-2008, 12:05 PM
Glad to see you made it over here!

thook
07-17-2008, 05:01 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcoming. When my wife gets the new card reader for the camera hooked up, I'll get some pics loaded...;)

Hey oly......the last of your sig line says something..."MOA_N _ABE". What is that?

oly884
07-17-2008, 05:08 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molon_labe

Molon labe refers to an ancient Greek expression for "Come and take them!", in reference to unilateral disarmament. Molôn Labé! was the reply of Sparta's King Leonidas to the Persian demand for surrender at the Battle of Thermopylae. The phrase is becoming a modern-day Second Amendment cry of resolve never to disarm in the face of tyranny.

Basically, I'm kinda a gun nut, and it is in reference to those that want to remove my firearms from me.

To sum it up, if some one wants to take my guns, they'll have to "come and get them" :guitar:

X-Tool Pimp
07-17-2008, 05:19 PM
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc245/tonytoolpimp/emocations/36_1_391.gif

Nick
07-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Hello there! I agree, this thread needs photographs, especially of the mentioned animal sanctuary. Sounds like an interesting thing to have on your property.

DHC6twinotter
07-17-2008, 06:58 PM
Welcome! :thumbup:

thook
07-17-2008, 09:14 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molon_labe

Molon labe refers to an ancient Greek expression for "Come and take them!", in reference to unilateral disarmament. Molôn Labé! was the reply of Sparta's King Leonidas to the Persian demand for surrender at the Battle of Thermopylae. The phrase is becoming a modern-day Second Amendment cry of resolve never to disarm in the face of tyranny.

Basically, I'm kinda a gun nut, and it is in reference to those that want to remove my firearms from me.

To sum it up, if some one wants to take my guns, they'll have to "come and get them" :guitar:

I'm not a gun nut, myself, but I firmly believe in the 2nd amendment. Hell, I firmly believe in the constitution. Just not the illuminati rulers. You know where they can go!

Thanks for sharing.

And, thanks again for more welcomings. The animules....yeah, I'll get some pics of them, too. We have over 200...mostly cats and dogs, but plenty others.

Oh...Tool Pimp...nice rigs (since I can't reply in your garage thread...I think?) 1st gen trucks and cruisers are fav's of mine.

oly884
07-17-2008, 09:20 PM
That's awesome man! I grew up with 4 cats and a dog. Now my parents have 2 cats and 2 dogs. I've always been a fan of having animals around!

thook
07-17-2008, 10:12 PM
Glad you think so, Oly. I have to admit, it's a very unique experience. It's certainly not without it's challenges, but overall having this many animals around has a way of reminding a person of how simple it can be to deal with life. (We so complicate things sometimes. :screwy:) I bet you'd like it here.

Longears RULE!!!! (aka donkeys... :hillbill:)

Meet Fred! da man!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/thook86/Miscellaneous%20Pics/Fredsface.jpg

YotaGirl
07-17-2008, 10:13 PM
awww he's cute!

X-Tool Pimp
07-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Got any bacon or steaks there?? Im hungry

J/K :tongueout:

Bob98SR5
07-17-2008, 10:54 PM
matt,

an escapee! :D i remember you. welcome to ultimateyota!

thook
07-18-2008, 08:49 AM
I remember you, also.....very well, in fact.

An escapee? Lol! Nah...not really. Let's just say I'm exploring alternatives. I've posted exclusively over there for the better part of about 3yrs. I love some of the folks over there, but...to be quite honest...I've been feeling the need for some change of scenery. Expansion is a good thing..lol!

As for you, Tool Pimp...buddy, steaks and bacon are a no go!!! Rescue means rescue....not dinner! :angel: Got some cold ones in the fridge, though. :drool: Light a campfire, pull out the musical instruments, and watch the satellites traverse the non-light polluted night sky. Park your rig down the hill, though. 'Cause I doubt your hardcore enough to make it up my road.... :tongueout:

Cebby
07-18-2008, 08:11 PM
OK, I'm looking at your username and wondering if it's "T-Hook" or "TH-ook" Just wondering...

thook
07-18-2008, 08:37 PM
Hello, Cebby. I remember you, as well. :thumbup:

It's thook...rhymes with spook. I took the name after one of our african grey parrots. She's telepathic. There's more to that story...and the name...but, I don't want you all to think I'm :screwy: just yet!