PDA

View Full Version : Not a newb, but a transplant

CJM
07-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Ive been registered here for eons, but I dont know if it was on my end or not but before the site loaded up like 56k, but now its blazing.

YotaFun reminded me about this place. Im sick of yotatech, its the same crap over and over and over with nothing new really.

Anyways a belated 2nd hello and howdy!

Little about myself: I am a service driver for an AAA contractor. I chiefly install batteries, but also change flats, unlock cars and work in the shop doing various stuff, I also occasionally tow. Im from NJ and did have an 86 4Runner project but it was so badly rusted I said screw it (it also had mildew damage). I have a T100 im currently getting a bent axleshaft cured among othe things and hoping to nab a 84+ pick up to make a trail rig.

CJM

Seanz0rz
07-29-2008, 09:01 PM
CJM!! so good to see you over here!

hope you stay here is better than TOF!

CJM
07-29-2008, 09:03 PM

Omg Seanz0rz! long time dude!

Cebby
07-29-2008, 09:03 PM
Welcome aboard (again!)

YotaFun
07-29-2008, 09:04 PM
wow I see that you two know each other lol!

Glad to see old pals reunited lol!

Robinhood4x4
07-29-2008, 09:23 PM
How did you bend the axle shaft?

Seanz0rz
07-29-2008, 09:35 PM

Omg Seanz0rz! long time dude!

haha, in all likely hood, he probably hates me....

nah, nice to have you here man, you deserve better than TOF!

thook
07-29-2008, 10:56 PM
Hello CJM! I know what you mean....lol!

YotaGirl
07-29-2008, 11:32 PM
Welcome to UY!

4runnerchevy
07-30-2008, 04:38 AM
Welcome !

Bob98SR5
07-30-2008, 08:17 AM
cjm,

welcome. yes, less bullch#t here. those so-called owners have really let that place go to hell. good to see you here :)

CJM
07-30-2008, 08:50 AM
How did you bend the axle shaft?

That I cannot figure out, I went wheeling 3x since I got the truck. 1x at paragon, and I messed up the alignment a bit, 1x at a local spot where i was on some washboards and my bad shocks made it UNBEARABLE and I was bouncing like nuts and 1x at Rausch.

I cannot recall exactly when, but I started to notice a vibration while driving. On take off it almost kinda jutters along like you feathered the gas. Tried haveing the DS checked, thats all in spec, tried to see if it was a mount (the trans mount was bad), tried to see if maybe my rear brake problems of locking intermittently were it (I think it was part of it, drums were shot but shoes ok.

So I thought maybe axle wrap b/c it really is noticeable on the gas. Yes the leafs are worn out, but I took a video and no real axle wrap. Took it to my mechanic and we looked it over on the lift and he noticed the pass side tire wobbling, removed the tire and drum cover and bingo. Apparently its not uncommon for T100s prior to 97 to have this issue. I dont know why, perhaps it was the washboard b/c the rear pass wheel is also bent it seems.

So, long story short: I tried to source parts cheaply with no luck, gave up and did the dealer through the shop I work for for 500 bones. Now all I need is to put it together and thats it. I do hope it cures my issues, if not I give up and will send the truck on down the road and buy a tundra or another t100. I dont have the patience anymore to play with it.