PDA

View Full Version : Inchworm lefty issues

neliconcept
08-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Thought id start a new topic with out drama already spiced into the mix.

I do have pictures on my camera but somehow am dumbfounded on finding the card reader to upload the pictures with. however they dont show much, it really has a lot to do with feel of the spline shaft itself in why i said it isnt good.

Jim has been great in talking with me and i will send the unit along with AA tube adapter to him.

The input shaft on the case has rounded off basically along with the coupler or whatever you may call it (which combines the output from tranny to input from tcase.

also their has been some serious play in which the bottom half of the case has done some interior carnage to the actual tube adapter (this will be a lot more clear once i get pictures up).

Right now im detailing a 1941 cadillac 60s special fleetwood limo. And would rather work on that and the 51 rolls royce and 52 bentley then eff with the truck right now.

Marc aka Zman2day helped me out and being a great friend came up and got the case out and knows a lot about the issues so i just took whatever he said pretty carefully as I know he has done numerous case rebuilds and installs.

More will be added once pictures are uploaded.

Thats about it for now.

04 Rocko Taco
08-02-2008, 03:35 PM
Good deal Blake, keep us updated. Sorry I wasnt around to give you a hand dropping the case.

JOSHH
08-04-2008, 11:46 AM
Doesn't sound good. Have you heard of anyone else having problems with the Lefty? I've been looking to get one when I have enough coin saved, just wondering. Thx.

neliconcept
08-04-2008, 12:20 PM
just a couple of FJ Cruisers,

Jim is going to find out what the issue is and what may have caused failure (if it is the case itself)

and will make corrections on leftys he ends up selling later. I guess you can say my truck and a few others are betas.

I just sent the thing off and its gonna take a damn week to get there ground at 120 bucks, packmail or some damn company probably ripped me off but Joe (person im staying with) didnt know of a UPS location near the fox theatre.

Chris: know of 10 guys willing to help push up my truck up a ramp? lol or have somebody who has an arb bull bar and either push my truck up the ramp with it.

i need it on the lift.

i cant find my stupid card reader, im going to buy a new one tomorrow while im out and about and ill post what pics i have tomorrow, so dont fret.

neliconcept
08-12-2008, 05:51 PM
what a fucking rollercoaster of a week it has been (sorry for the language)

basically what has happened is this, We got the truck inside the shop with my dad using a come a long as a strap with my moms lexus FWD RX350, 270hp, didnt even spin a tire on a 35 degree ramp.

shipped the part, got there today, however i didnt know it got there as it said it was lost on fedex's tracking website, so im about to have a heart attack thinking the bunch of dumbasses lost my 2000 dollar case along with a 300 dollar adapter and 80 dollar coupler (which did lose). since they did lose that, they will give me free overnight shipping from Jims place, whom btw says the input is messed up, is giving me a new 4.7:1 gearset instead of 5:1

i wont know the difference and at this point, couldnt care less because I want my truck running, driving the m3 now atm.

so pissed, i went to buckhead and thrashed around a $180,000 amg sl65 mercedes along with a 66k c63 amg.

also id like to note that Jim is fixing this for FREE and is giving me great customer service and couldnt ask for much more.

what pictures i have of said transfercase.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m68/neliconcept/IMG_0507.jpg
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m68/neliconcept/IMG_0509.jpg

shop my truck is in

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m68/neliconcept/IMG_0504.jpg
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m68/neliconcept/IMG_0505.jpg

Seanz0rz
08-12-2008, 05:56 PM
really glad you are getting this all sorted out blake. jim at inchworm was excellent when i ordered stuff from him, and deff would do business from him again.

04 Rocko Taco
08-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Hey Blake, sorry I missed your earlier post, i could have rouned up the guys to push it in, or ocme down and pushed it with the runner, sorry buddy! Glad you are getting it sorted out, let us know how it goes, and give me a shout if you need a hand reinstalling later.

neliconcept
08-12-2008, 08:28 PM
oh yeah im less stressed and way happier.

Chris, i may need a hand with it later, but not exactly sure when it will arrive back here, the good news is the truck is now inside with available light and no outdoor conditions will hinder anything, but it would be a bit of a pain to get on the lift from its current spot.

neliconcept
08-25-2008, 01:23 PM
IT GETS HERE TOMORROW, WOOOOHOOO ONLY AFTER A DAMN MONTH

but i have class till 4pm, so Chris maybe wednesday we can get it installed?

04 Rocko Taco
08-25-2008, 02:07 PM
you've got my number, just give me a call.

Lee
08-27-2008, 08:08 AM
well?

04 Rocko Taco
08-27-2008, 08:35 AM
no call yet. :)

neliconcept
08-27-2008, 11:05 AM
im not at the shop unfortunatly Chris.

Joe had a funeral to attend which wasnt on the schedule

im heading out to the west line to ashby to get to a autozone, gotta get some RTV and gearoil.

but otherwise i have already done some work last night, would have done a lot more if his RTV wasnt solid rock in a bottle.

04 Rocko Taco
08-27-2008, 11:08 AM
I hit you up on facebook....

If you cant find anything nearby, I'll be glad torun you some supplies down this evening after work, and help in anyway I can, there is a 97 runner down there waiting for me anyway.

neliconcept
08-27-2008, 08:40 PM
i thought you were coming Chris?

i only got the huge flange on and i couldnt get the case in, just wouldnt slide in for some reason, then i broke two ribs while dropping it on my chest. have a chest wrap to tighten it and i have to wear it for a month

04 Rocko Taco
08-28-2008, 06:59 AM
Damn Blake, sorry, I didnt get out of here until about 9:45 or so last night. Got caught with a down customer right as I was going to to walk out the door and had to get them up and running again. By the time I left here, I forgot my damn cell at the office, and I just went home and passed out.

Sucks to hear about your ribs, I guess you could say thats partly my fault...

Whats the plan now?

4runnerchevy
08-28-2008, 07:05 AM
I am guessing Chris is gonna have to hoof that thing in there, while blake point fingers :flipoff:

neliconcept
08-28-2008, 07:23 AM
naw Chris not your fault, its the jacks fault for not keeping the case held in place, stupid plate moved around too much.

we might head out there today, really all that needs to be done is the case slid in, and then crossmember bolted up, and i should be able to do the rest with driveshaft and shifters.

neliconcept
08-29-2008, 06:10 PM
well what a shitty day, tried to get the truck moved on to the lift, but i cant get that thing to budge even with a huge 8 ton jack due to resistance and my inability to do much with my chest the way it is.

I am about ready to get this thing towed to a shop and have them install it for me, and plus my gf just broke up with me and shes a fuckin idiot.

JOSHH
08-29-2008, 11:00 PM
That sucks man. If you were closer I'd help you out.

Whitey
08-30-2008, 07:46 AM
...and plus my gf just broke up with me and shes a ****in' idiot.

I think we need the whole story :)

4Runner202020
08-31-2008, 12:07 PM
shoulda stayed if fort collins blake!!! lol i would help ya and way more ladies!!! haha

but thats no good man it will all get done soon i'm sure just take your time.

bobby

neliconcept
09-03-2008, 07:04 AM
good news is, that my father is driving down this morning and we should get it knocked out today in a matter of an hour or so.

well the case attached to the transmission in an hour, the rest will take me a while, the shifters and what not since i practically took apart my entire console to get those out.

04 Rocko Taco
09-03-2008, 07:21 AM
SOrry I can't be of any help in the mornings. I dont get off till 5-6 usually, and with me having to run out of town this week for work, not sure what time I will be getting back! Shoot me a text or something and let me know if you guys get it in.

Lee
09-03-2008, 10:37 AM
the rest of the stuff is easier than mounting a tcase! i was more than happy to sit and fill my fluids up, reattach my rear dshaft and reconstruct my interior after dealing with the tcases :laugh:

good luck.

neliconcept
09-03-2008, 08:27 PM
well the seal was bad, so i ordered two and had em overnighted for tomorrow, made gaskets along with using silicon.

some reason the input shaft did not want to just slide into the sleeve, we are going to do some filing of the lathe section tomorrow after my class, otherwise we almost had it on and have longer bolts to pull it in.

other then that.... just need to hit the sack

neliconcept
09-04-2008, 08:31 PM
case is in, truck moves, no test drive yet, but im fucking happpy