PDA

View Full Version : Wheel spacers anyone?

thook
09-05-2008, 09:58 AM
Hello guyz and galz!

I'm asking for some help from you all who get around more in the wheeling community than I do. I could really use some wheel spacers between 1" and 1.25" for my '86 4rnr. Due to my budget, new is not an option, so for the past few months I've been trying to locate some used on the cheap. Maybe some spacers that someone just wants to get rid of. I've looked on ebay and craigslist repeatedly, but no luck. I have considered finding some wheels with a different backspacing, but that's impossible with the bone yards around here. Availability mainly, but also what they're asking if they do have them. Might as well get new spacers!

The predicament.....
I have the '86, but I also have a '92 <<the wife's. Hers has 31x10.50's on SR5 7" alloys and mine has 30x9.50's on stock 6" steelies. Well, the 31's are killing the gas mileage on hers (automatic), but has no effect on mine. I've swapped out just to see. So why not just swap tires to my rims? Well, if you're familiar with the Zuk coil spring mod on gearinstalls, that's what I've done to the '86. I used coils off the rearend of a Jeep Cherokee. So, the coils are too wide to put the 31's on my 6" rims. The backspacing is too deep causing the inside of the tires too just rub on the coils. I suppose I could live with her vehicle only getting 16mpg on 31's, but I'd rather see the 18-20 it was getting when I put the 30's on.

The mileage isn't the only issue, though. The 30's have twice as much wear on them as the 31's. Her vehicle is driven half as much as mine. If I continue running the 30's on mine, by Dec. I will need a new set of tires. I will not have the money when the time comes the way things are going. Ever tried getting around in muddy winters with bald tires? Yeah...right.

So, if I could find spacers and swap tires, I'll be saving money on gas and not have to drop $500-$600 come Dec.

Anyone who knows someone or hears of someone needing to get rid of spacers for cheap, please let me know and I will buy you a 6pack of your choice!!! And, if you like good cigars, I'll throw in a couple for funsies!

Apologies for the boring, lengthy explanation, but I'm hoping I might gain a few sympathy points...hehe. :hillbill:

YotaGirl
09-05-2008, 10:30 AM
O don't have any spacers that I'm parting with at the moment, but I will keep on the look out for you.

thook
09-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Thanks Jenn. 'preciate it! X

strykersd
09-05-2008, 12:44 PM
How much are you looking to spend?
I got mine from Accessories Plus on ebay ( http://stores.ebay.com/ACCESSORIES-PLUS_TOYOTA-ADAPTERS_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ932382QQftidZ2QQtZ km ). $112 shipped for a set of 1.25" wheels spacers.

I highly recommend them for anyone looking to buy wheel spacers. Cheaper then other sources plus they stand behind their lifetime warranty. I didn't torque down all my lug nuts on a wheelin trip and broke 3 studs on one of the wheel spacers, sent it back, they fixed it for free and had it back to me 3 days after I sent it out. An error on my part but great customer service.

4runnerchevy
09-06-2008, 07:27 AM
$79 for two, billet, bling.

http://www.inchwormgear.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=948

thook
09-06-2008, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the input, fellas.

Yeah.....that's why I'm just trying to find some used. New ones are out of my price range. Only looking to spend about half that. I figure it's a long shot, but worth asking around.

If it doesn't happen, I'm just going to get some different coil springs that are not as large in diameter. It will be more work to modify for them to fit (different mounts), but that's the way it goes.