PDA

View Full Version : In case there's ever any doubt...

fustercluck
09-11-2008, 08:38 PM
...here's a live web cam trained on an assault weapon to see if it will go on a shooting spree. So far so good.

http://www.assaultweaponwatch.com/

Bob98SR5
09-11-2008, 08:50 PM
run! hide! its as almost as dangerous as a SUV!

slosurfer
09-11-2008, 09:17 PM
Holy Crap! It even has a fixed bayonet! How careless, someone's gonna die! :flipoff:

CJM
09-11-2008, 10:23 PM
OH NOES IT MIGHT JUMP AROUND AND SHOOT SOMEONE!

Tankota
09-12-2008, 08:52 AM
Oh man... Some people! When they were handing out brains they thought they said trains and didn't go get one!

Listen to this quote from that sight.

"However, we realize that the weapons we obtained for our testing is but a small subset of these extremely expensive, underpowered, innaccurate weapons apparently preferred by gang members, drug dealers and other dangerous criminals."

Well I'll start at the end and work backwards. I an certainly not a dangerous criminal, drug dealer or gang member. With my Yugoslavian SKS 7.62x39mm I can punch out some pretty tight groups on the right ammo. It is not extremely underpowered for a small carbine, nor was it expensive ($150).

Also I've never heard any one call a good AR-15 underpowered or inaccurate. Maybe fuster can give an experts opinion on this.

04 Rocko Taco
09-12-2008, 08:57 AM
hehm.... sarcasm maybe?
This is obviously a pro-gun site, poking fun at the point of what OTHER people say about these types of weapons.

Tankota
09-12-2008, 08:59 AM
Ok I'm a retard too :tease: Now I see that these clowns are just being goofy :D I thought they were talking about someone actually using assault weapons, not the weapons just shooting by themselves. :rofl:

slosurfer
09-12-2008, 09:05 AM
:lol: Tankota :good; :tease: :loser: :flipoff:

That just made my morning. :laugh:

Tankota
09-12-2008, 09:14 AM
Yes thankyou, thankyou! :hillbill: I hope you all find that nice and entertaining :clap:

Note to self - Dont flame on anything when your still all groggy in the morning

I'm gong to crawl into a hole now...

fustercluck
09-13-2008, 06:51 AM
You're funny, Tank...

Though they site was being facetious, I'll address the 'underpowered' criticism that some use to dismiss the viability of some guns. I always ask, "Okay, would you like to be shot with that underpowered gun?" The answer is usually in the negative. Surely there are circumstances when one firearm would be more effective than another, but this more a matter of using the appropriate tool for the task...

While a .50 bmg fired from an M82A1 is more deadly than a 9mm from a Glock, I'd never defend the inside of my home with the fifty nor would I snipe 2500 meters out with the 9mm

Robinhood4x4
09-13-2008, 09:50 AM
I always ask, "Okay, would you like to be shot with that underpowered gun?" The answer is usually in the negative.

Playing devils advocate, my reply would be, "if you had to get shot by one of them, which would you rather be shot with?"

Tankota
09-16-2008, 08:18 PM
I always ask, "Okay, would you like to be shot with that underpowered gun?" The answer is usually in the negative.

Playing devils advocate, my reply would be, "if you had to get shot by one of them, which would you rather be shot with?"

Well I think I would probably be shot by a 9mm rather that the .50. Just so my family would at least have some remains to bury. :hillbill: