PDA

View Full Version : Want to install OSX on your PC?

Good Times
09-17-2008, 03:01 PM
EFiX America (http://www.efixusa.net/index.php) now offers a hardware device that gives you the ability to install OSX on your PC!

The device is $155.00 USD and does have some hardware compatibility requirements but it's definitely a great option :)

Of course this only applies to those that love the mac OS and want to give it a whirl. The best feature about this device is that the OS is fully functioning and also is able to do the current updates from Apple!

Enjoy!

cooldry
09-17-2008, 03:03 PM
I have a feeling they're going to get shut down.

Good Times
09-17-2008, 03:15 PM
I thought about it too but if you look closely they don't include the OS so you still have to buy the OSX on your own. Meaning that Apple will have a harder time trying to prevent this company from selling the device.

I dunno... I still have my own lappie so no biggie :) Of course when this old powerbook finally takes a dump I'll prob get the new mbp.

DHC6twinotter
12-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Wow...this is cool!

Seanz0rz
12-04-2008, 03:23 PM
i remember a few years ago (like 4 now i guess) when the first intel macs came out, the osx builds for them appeard on the internet and you could install them.

i had OSX on my PC for a while, it was cool, but i dont really like osx, so the novelty wore off fast!

arjan
12-04-2008, 04:29 PM
http://lifehacker.com/348653/install-os-x-on-your-hackintosh-pc-no-hacking-required

Here is how to do it without the extra hardware required.

drguitarum2005
12-04-2008, 10:29 PM
i remember a few years ago (like 4 now i guess) when the first intel macs came out, the osx builds for them appeard on the internet and you could install them.

i had OSX on my PC for a while, it was cool, but i dont really like osx, so the novelty wore off fast!

they switched to intel processors in the middle of 2006 so almost 2.5 years ago. it was a smart move in my opinion. i enjoy OS X worlds more than Windows however, i'd hate for this thread to turn into a Mac vs. PC debate (i know its going to)