PDA

View Full Version : Delete this please.

Obi..
09-24-2008, 02:09 AM
Thanks.

Cheese
09-24-2008, 09:14 AM
SAC has been going around for 3-4 years.

Those are pretty good looking rigs.

I don't think this is, in any dress, technical.

Would an 85 that got a new/different solid axle be converted? I feel like my 95, which used to be IFS was swapped, as in the front suspension/drive was swapped with different ones.

Tankota
09-24-2008, 09:16 AM
Dang someone's got some dough! :tapedshut:

Ric
09-24-2008, 10:56 AM
Heres my thoughts:
SAS = Solid Axle SWAP, meaning the vehicle came with, a solid front axle, you just "swapped" axles to something else, mabey a Diamond :D
SAC = Solid Axle CONVERSION, meaning your rig was IFS from the factory, you then added a Solid Front Axle. Converting it from IFS to a Solid Axle.

but what do I know :D

Ive been hearing the term SAC for a few years now.

drguitarum2005
09-24-2008, 11:21 AM
to me SFA just refers to the solid front axle and isn't in the same category as SAS or SAC. SAC is just ridiculous because who wants anyone thinking they added some truck nuts (http://www.bullsballs.com/) to their rig? SAS all the way

04 Rocko Taco
09-24-2008, 12:00 PM
I think SFA is from the facotry, and EVERYTHING else is a SAS. :)

If you change axles, then you just changed axles, you didnt SAS, or SAC, or anything else.

X-Tool Pimp
09-24-2008, 12:07 PM
I think SFA is from the facotry, and EVERYTHING else is a SAS. :)

If you change axles, then you just changed axles, you didnt SAS, or SAC, or anything else.

What he said :thumbup:

JOSHH
09-24-2008, 12:18 PM
It's still SAS. Don't let them fool you. :roll:

Good Times
09-24-2008, 12:54 PM
*Also, Lance, there's some rumors flying, and I assume you might want to clear up some of it, or let the word out on what's going on with your rig??

No, I don't know all of it, again, just rumors floating around, kinda like a falling $100 bill, does nothing for you until you got it for sure, right? ;)

huh? I thought I told everyone what's going on in my build post. Maybe I'm not clear enough?

Btw as for the acronyms, people just use various different acronyms for the same stuff. They might as well call it solid axle up front bi*ches! :flipoff: