PDA

View Full Version : saturn and ford airbag blow up in a refridgerator

Good Times
09-25-2008, 08:52 AM
saturn and ford airbag blow up in a refridgerator...

wow... would hate to sit in a ford when that thing deploys!

(watch out for the adult language)

Video: Watch me! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOWZGLue_B8)

MasterWIII
09-25-2008, 09:02 AM
Great video Lance!

corax
09-25-2008, 07:04 PM
the grand marquis was definately more impressive - though I wish they would have duct taped the door shut (wrap tape around the whole fridge) to increase the burst strength (up the pressure build up before it blows)

Tankota
09-25-2008, 08:09 PM
Wow, if that thing goes off in your face you would be FoundOnRoadsideDead.

paddlenbike
09-25-2008, 09:02 PM
That video had me laughing for five minutes. I really shouldn't admit this, but I instantly recognized the guy that made and posted that video, "davidsfarm." He has hundreds of destructive car videos on youtube and I have probably watched half of them. Davidsfarm has wasted more of my time than probably any other human, but the crazy drunken Canadian cracks me up.

Cebby
09-26-2008, 06:23 AM
That's awesome.

bamachem
09-26-2008, 07:37 AM
freaking sweet! too bad airbags are so expensive or those things could be FUN! just imagine some of the pranks you could pull! :D

paddlenbike
09-26-2008, 08:10 PM
It's actually pretty scary. I looked down at the center section of the steering wheel while driving today and thought "don't go off baby, don't go off!" Never realized what explosive force was behind them.

4x4mike
09-26-2008, 09:05 PM
Ah crap, there goes my night. I've spent the last 30 minutes watching new videos from him. I especially like this one (NSFW: language) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SBpoHj4XsY&feature=related

One another note, last year my wife and I were in a head on accident and the air bags went off. We were driving a '98 Civic and were hit head on by a '86 Chrysler POS. The Chrysler had a broken headlight and popped front passenger tire, that's it. Our Civic was totaled. Engine driven into the firewall, broken windshield, crippled roof and the doors wouldn't open (well they did open but would not close, tow driver had to duct tape them shut). I had never been in an accident so I was pretty shaken up but more so because my wife was complaining of pain. When the shock wore off I had realized I was hit by the air bag. I had brusing and burns on my cheeks and hands, it hurt for days. I was driving with my hands at 10 and 2 and when the air bag came out, it comes out. It pushed my hands off the wheel (which is good I guess because it kept me from bracing myself with the wheel) but also burned the tops of my hands in the process. Nothing bad but it felt like getting into a hot spa with bad sun burn.
Lesson learned? Drive at 10 and 2 and don't cross your hands or arms in front of the wheel. The ER nurse said she has seen people with broken cheek bones and dislocated jaws from arms and hands that are flown into the drivers face. It's also a good idea to sit back as comfortable as possible. My wife likes to ride with her feet on the dash as a passenger (this bugs the hell out of me to no end, but I digress as it's my problem not yours). I reminder her of the night of our accident and try to paint a picture in her mind of what would happen if the air bags went off when she had her feet up there.

Back to David's Farm...

Scuba
11-05-2008, 10:35 PM
Davids farm FTW !!!!

DeathCougar
11-10-2008, 06:40 PM
Sonofabitch they have a Corolla GTS sitting there. I need a backup race car, gimme that car!!!!

4x4mike
11-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Uh, I'm not sure you want any care that has been on David's Farm, even if it's for back up.

Tankota
11-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Uh, I'm not sure you want any care that has been on David's Farm, even if it's for back up.

Haha, that's probably very true. It would be like adopting a test rat out of some rabies or nuclear research facility!

paddlenbike
11-10-2008, 10:53 PM
or worse

DeathCougar
11-10-2008, 11:18 PM
Well, since I build them into Figure 8 cars....I think it would be ok ;)