PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Who is going to win?

oly884
09-25-2008, 09:46 AM
Political party aside, who do you think is going to win? You are able to change your vote, so as things change, your vote can as well.

Discuss if you care to.

RunnerUp
09-25-2008, 12:22 PM
i try not to get political on these boards as its usually not a way to make friends, but with all this talk about how biden might back out due to "health issues" after the oct. 2 debate with palin i decided i wanted to hear some of your opinions on this if it does infact happen.

i personally believe that if obama made a move like that and replaced biden with hillary this late in the game, that it would be the biggest flipflop in history and i think that no matter how hard core of an obama supporter you may or may not be, you would have to see this for what it was, a weak attempt to get more votes (unfortunatly, it would probably work)

so what does anyone else think about this possibility? im not saying its going to happen, or even that there are very many hints that it will happen, just what would a move like that make you think?

oly884
09-25-2008, 12:28 PM
i try not to get political on these boards as its usually not a way to make friends, but with all this talk about how biden might back out due to "health issues" after the oct. 2 debate with palin i decided i wanted to hear some of your opinions on this if it does infact happen.

i personally believe that if obama made a move like that and replaced biden with hillary this late in the game, that it would be the biggest flipflop in history and i think that no matter how hard core of an obama supporter you may or may not be, you would have to see this for what it was, a weak attempt to get more votes (unfortunatly, it would probably work)

so what does anyone else think about this possibility? im not saying its going to happen, or even that there are very many hints that it will happen, just what would a move like that make you think?

Well, I think it'd help him given the current politics.

As for what I think...

It's going to be Obama. I hope I'm wrong, but I just can't help but feel that way.

calrockx
09-25-2008, 06:11 PM
It's going to be Obama. :)

thook
09-25-2008, 07:10 PM
Not that it would be MY preference, but I believe it will be Obama. Not only because the largest percentile of people I've talked to is voting for him, but it would make sense for the "powers that be" to do something like this.

Good Times
10-20-2008, 01:08 PM
btt just to see if anyone changes their views on the current polls. :)

oly884
10-20-2008, 01:25 PM
I'm still thinking it is going to be Mr. Obama

fustercluck
10-20-2008, 03:50 PM
Since it is a popularity contest and not an ideology contest, It looks like Obama will get the nod.

calrockx
10-20-2008, 04:11 PM
Since it is a popularity contest and not an ideology contest, It looks like Obama will get the nod.

Ideology is a big part of the reason why Obama is ahead. Ask Gen. Powell.

4runnerchevy
10-20-2008, 05:25 PM
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa116/4runnerchevy/image001.jpg

fustercluck
10-20-2008, 07:03 PM

Ideology is a big part of the reason why Obama is ahead. Ask Gen. Powell.

Perhaps, but I would be willing to bet that popularity plays the larger part. Those who buy his ideology are phools.

Tankota
10-20-2008, 10:45 PM
^^ :thumbup: :lol: :tongueout: :chair: