PDA

View Full Version : Scion finally coming to Canada in 2010

Good Times
10-20-2008, 12:57 PM
Ok I didn't know the Scion brand was not available north of our border but seriously hasn't Scion been around for a long time now? Seems rather strange that Toyota of Canada wouldn't sell this brand there.

Canadians waiting for the day when they can purchase a Scion without heading south of the boarder can soon rejoice. Toyota's "hip" brand will go on sale in Canada in 2010, seven years after the marquee went on sale in the U.S. Canada will receive all three Scions at launch, the tC the xB, and the xD. And Scion ordering will be no different than it is in the States, with plenty of a-la-carte options available to personalize your Gen Y-mobile.

Although sales have taken a hit of late, Scion has been very successful for Toyota overall, as 70% of all Scion buyers are new to the Toyota family. We're just wondering why it took so long to bring our Canadian brethren to the dinner table in the first place. Thanks for the tip, Jarrett!

Source: Toyota.com (http://Toyota.com)

MTL_4runner
10-20-2008, 04:39 PM
That is strange but I don't think people will care much because they've been importing them for as long as they've been available.

arjan
10-21-2008, 06:02 PM
I might soon rejoice, but that's very little to do with the Scion being available over here ;)