PDA

View Full Version : opinions wanted on wabfab HREW Tubing Rock Sliders

troyboy162
12-07-2008, 01:13 AM
well im in the market for sliders. i wanted clamp on but they are not available for 4runners. so id like some weld on one with at least rear kick outs. i found these on wabfab and i think they will work well for me. aka i dont have tons of money...the truck im protecting is only worth 4k...and he seems active in the community, so id like to support that.

http://www.wabfab.org/96024Runner/96024Runnersliders.htm
im looking at the HREW tubing ones

also id like peoples opinions on what length to get for a 96 4runner, 60 inch or 66?

thank you for any responses

Scuba
12-07-2008, 08:27 AM
gah, I think your looking at the diy ones..Some people say that HREW is stronger but i personally wouldnt know the difference
Are you prepared to weld up your own sliders ?

I suppose if you remember what scott and I were saying about the length of sliders for my truck, im think 66 would give you that extra protection..Would it be that hard to...walk outside and measure :D

Also, I cant remember the company that wab (brian) gets his sliders from, but i have heard good things

4runnerchevy
12-07-2008, 08:47 AM
HREW is gonna dent or bend before it breaks. The DOM, if its cold rolled has stresses already in it, and will probably break before it bends too much. Pick your poison. In structural steel we always use a structural grade of HREW, due to its flexibility.

Seanz0rz
12-07-2008, 10:36 AM
wabfab's sliders are actually from 4xinnovations. i have the 60 inch version, they are technically too short. that 66" length is perfect for your 96 4runner, and is what i suggested to adam at 4xi for the 3rd gen runners (pinchweld length is aprox. 68 inches). i have the hrew. they are dented in and bashed pretty good, but no worries. unless you wheel HARD, the hrew should be ok.

id deff buy sliders from brian at wabfab again, or from adam at 4xinnovations, both are awesome to deal with.

reggie 00
12-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Call up or email Brian.

I had a few questions when i bought mine, he patiently answered all my questions and made 100% sure i understood and got the exact thing i needed. He wont steer you wrong.

Scuba
12-07-2008, 11:07 AM
wabfab's sliders are actually from 4xinnovations

Thats what I was lookin for..
:thumbup:

Good Times
12-07-2008, 02:31 PM
don't forget that since you're in socal, you've got lots of local options too! Not sure about out in Victorville but come down to LA/OC there are tons of shops here that either have production runs or can quickly make ya a set.

Scuba
12-07-2008, 02:43 PM
PISMO FTW!!

Random 7th annual P4RJ reminder plug !!

:D

Cebby
12-07-2008, 06:51 PM

I think some are from 4xInnovations and some are from Trail-Gear (I think the non-kickout versions are Trail-Gear)

YotaGirl
12-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Troy, you can also check out All Pro Off-road. They are in Hemet (not that far of a drive from the high desert). Talk to Pepe, he can get you set up with whatever you need.

Scuba
12-07-2008, 08:58 PM

I think some are from 4xInnovations and some are from Trail-Gear (I think the non-kickout versions are Trail-Gear)

Yes yes, Brian is a trail gear dealer...

And jenn, I didnt know that until after i ordered my wheel spacers...Would have picked them up as they're 20 mins from me

:bling:

waskillywabbit
12-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Yes yes, Brian is a trail gear dealer...

And jenn, I didnt know that until after i ordered my wheel spacers...Would have picked them up as they're 20 mins from me

:bling:

And then you would have paid sales tax. :D

:guitar: