PDA

View Full Version : anyone hack out their wheel well like these guys?

troyboy162
12-14-2008, 07:17 PM
http://www.trailslesstraveled.com/news.php?id=48

ive got rubbing issues with my 33's. ive got money for a body lift but;

-maybe 1" body lift wont be enough and im not sure id want 2"
-id be raising the center of graviy a wee bit more
-you get that 1" gap everywhere

so i was thinking of taking that money and buying a grinder and having it welded. ive got a truck that does not need to be pretty so a few blemishes from my hack job will be fine.

my front end has about 2.5 inches of lift. has anyone cleared 33's with 2.5"s? if you have can you post some pictures of the material you had to remove please. thanks for any reponces

Seanz0rz
12-14-2008, 07:20 PM
just take a hammer to the pinchweld and you should be fine.

neliconcept
12-14-2008, 07:32 PM
definitely dont need to go as far as they have and take an inch all around the fender off.

just cut inside and the pinchweld and you are good

4x4mike
12-14-2008, 08:08 PM
There is a guy on Pirate that did that a while ago, I think he's from Canada. He hacked the heck out of a standard cab white pick up. We had troubles with rust and leaking. I wouldn't do it.

troyboy162
12-14-2008, 08:32 PM
just take a hammer to the pinchweld and you should be fine.

ive beat that back already but its actualy hitting the lowest 10mm bolt head thats holding on the black fender flare trim. ive removed that and it still hits hard in that area. im not sure ive actualy hit the pinch weld after i beat it since the paint dosnt show any wear.

ive thought about the rust and the leaking, but things seem to live forever up in the desert where i now live.

anyone got pictures of how much "adjustment" they needed?

Scuba
12-14-2008, 09:01 PM
Why not 2" BL troy...
Its when people go 4 and up that things get hairy....

:bling:

troyboy162
12-14-2008, 09:10 PM
Why not 2" BL troy...

i cant have it too high cause girls with short skirts and thigh high boots need to get in and out of it...errr... i mean id like to keep the center of gravity low. remember "STRAP! GET THE STRAP!" lol lower center of gravity is handy

Scuba
12-14-2008, 10:02 PM
Why not 2" BL troy...

i cant have it too high cause girls with short skirts and thigh high boots need to get in and out of it...errr... i mean id like to keep the center of gravity low. remember "STRAP! GET THE STRAP!" lol lower center of gravity is handy

Umm, You mean the ladys in short skirts and 3 kids ?
ha.
And Lmao, yes i remember...But, I have no lift...I just think that shit was scary...
hah...
your still rubbing after the lift...?

troyboy162
12-14-2008, 10:08 PM
hey thigh high boots or trashy women with car seats...i have to cater to a wide audience lol.
yes this rub is all after the lift. it rubs bad right now and im just weighing the options