PDA

View Full Version : New years in ocotillo wells

Scuba
01-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Not much of a trail report...

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/Sycosurfer150/Truck/DSCN0559.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/Sycosurfer150/Truck/DSCN0558.jpg
Frame is cracked...weak sauces...

I hit a rhino doin 20-25, The 15 year old girl thought it would be a good idea to stop in the middle of shell reef expressway in a dust cloud... :chair:

:shake:

:bling:

troyboy162
01-02-2009, 07:32 PM
crap wth! your frame is cracked? do they inspect for that in cali or can you weld her up and have a drivable truck?
what else is busted and how is your insurance taking this?

she kinda looks like she wants some flared fiberglass fenders and a junkyard door.

also i take it that you and the girl are fine right?

Scuba
01-02-2009, 07:35 PM
crap wth! your frame is cracked? do they inspect for that in cali or can you weld her up and have a drivable truck?
what else is busted and how is your insurance taking this?

she kinda looks like she wants some flared fiberglass fenders and a junkyard door.

Dude, Dumb 15 year old...idk...
If the radiator wasnt busted, It would have been driveable and i would have been mobbin it up after this...Thank god a buddy of mine had an empty trailer...
BAH, dude, thats what everyone keeps saying, new door from a bone yard and some glass fenders and youll be set !!
I just got back tonight, havent even told the parents yet...

slosurfer
01-02-2009, 07:36 PM
dang!!!! Was the chick still in the rhino when you hit? How does the rhino look?

Scuba
01-02-2009, 07:40 PM
yea she was there, her tub of lard of a passenger had a bloddy nose, that was the only injury...
Her parents started yelling at me, even after their daughter said she stopped in the middle of a dust cloudd...

The rhino is fubar'ed, its front passenger side was DONT..you could see the CV just chillin...
I dont have pics of it...

troyboy162
01-02-2009, 07:42 PM
oh and strap your bumper to a rock and then back up a bit to straighten it. thats what i did to mine and you know my bumper bring all the girls to the yard.

yeah i can imagine a rhino in poor visibility would be near invisible.

crap radiator too? insurance doing anything for you?

Scuba
01-02-2009, 07:50 PM
yea radiator was busted, I figured it was fibreglass from the front end of the rhino....I got to limp back to camp, thankfully a buddy of mine had a trailer so we could get it home...
Like I said buddy, I havent told the rents, but as soon as I do ill figure out what were going to do...I asked my mom about the new policy we got since we moved here to cali, she said we do have full coverage on my truck...so Ill keep everyone updated...

Marc P
01-02-2009, 08:57 PM
Not to be a dick, but I know that area very well....well enough to know if you are doing 25mph there on a holiday weekend you are asking for an accident. The dust gets thick, and you cant see more than 15-20 feet ahead of you...not enough time to stop.

Just glad everyone is ok.

4x4mike
01-02-2009, 09:01 PM
I took me awhile to realize you didn't hit a real rhino like the animal.

Glad everyone is ok, weekend could have been a lot worse.

T4Rfun
01-02-2009, 10:15 PM
I took me awhile to realize you didn't hit a real rhino like the animal.

That was my immediate reaction as well. What the heck is a Rhino doing running around Ocotillo Wells? To be honest, I think a Rhinoceros would have caused more damage. Sorry to hear about the carnage, glad to hear nobody was hurt. This is why we have insurance. There isn't any reason I can think of that insurance wouldn't cover the damage as long as you have full coverage. Don't hesitate to make that call. Some polices require you report it within a certain time span.

troyboy162
01-02-2009, 10:50 PM
i really had a hard time recognizing your rig with all that damage, but i figured out what was throwing me off and fixed your picture so it looks more like i remember.
http://www.wow.digitalchaosgaming.com/t4r/scubatow3.JPG
hahah kick ya when your down eh? what else are friends for? :clap:
our locked and armored cleghorn run is postponed but not canceled!

Scooter25
01-02-2009, 10:59 PM
i really had a hard time recognizing your rig with all that damage, but i figured out what was throwing me off and fixed your picture so it looks more like i remember.
http://www.wow.digitalchaosgaming.com/t4r/scubatow3.JPG
hahah kick ya when your down eh? what else are friends for? :clap:
our locked and armored cleghorn run is postponed but not canceled!

:lol:
Wow that sucks.

Whitey
01-03-2009, 05:31 AM
I'm glad everyone is OK. Be thankful you didn't kill anyone and you're not behind bars.

Scuba
01-03-2009, 10:59 AM
marc P, yeah ive been through that area before, not really new to me, there was NO WIND on this certain day...

Thanks troy...gah...

So even though I havent told my parents yet, Should I call the insurance..?
I know I do have full coverage..
My moms been gone for ten days and gets back on monday, I was kinda waiting on that...

Whitey
01-03-2009, 11:27 AM
If you're looking to keep the truck on the road you may not want to get insurance involved. I'm guessing they will total it and then you're out of a ride.

Is the truck in your name?

Scuba
01-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Truck is in my moms name..
J/w though, What does that have to do with it..?

Whitey
01-03-2009, 01:46 PM
I don't know if you can make an insurance claim if it's not in your name.

corax
01-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Dude that sucks . . . like you didn't already know that. Do you have the "other guy's" contact info and does Cali have any laws regarding minimum age to drive a Rhino-type vehicle? Mandatory training? I though some states had legislation requiring the driver to be at least 16 or at go through a course, in which case the "other guy" might be culpable for letting his underage daughter drive. . .

Scuba
01-03-2009, 03:45 PM
I honestly dont know, All I know is that the other families info is on the rangers report, So im about to start researching all those things you just said...

Scuba
01-03-2009, 03:47 PM
Is a rhino considered an ATV??

troyboy162
01-03-2009, 05:25 PM
yes it is. hmmm may be on to something here legal wise

Scuba
01-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Well I thought I was, But it says something about adults and something, Idk..
But I have read up some things, I got tired of that when the chargers game came on...
GO BOLTS !!
Anyway, I talked to my mom, Shes was pissed but at least she'll be able to blow off some steam before she gets home..?

Dramarama
01-03-2009, 08:27 PM
Good luck with mom :D

Plan on getting your butt chewed out. Maybe even a lecture... Hahahaha. Gotta love parents!!

Scuba
01-03-2009, 09:43 PM
Oh trust me, I know how this goes..
I wrecked my old 86 2wd a year and a half ago :chair:, This thing has its engine...thats why its gonna suck if it gets totaled

wifesaysimadumbass
01-04-2009, 09:50 AM
i'm pretty sure you have to over 18 to drive a rhino and have a current drivers license.... anyways i don't wee why your mom would be pissed i dont think you did anything wrong, maybe going a little fast but, that chick who stopped in the dust should have known better or she should not have been driving the frickin rhino... too bad htey don't give a class on common sense 101. oh well she's young so i guess you can forgive that. did you hit them head on?

Scuba
01-04-2009, 01:14 PM
thanks for the re-assurance...Ive had a couple wrecks already thats why this just sucks.

As for head on, My passenger side of the truck, Looks about exactly like what the passenger side of the rhino looks like...

Do you have a shop..?
I had a bunch of thoughts about glass fenders and tubing behind it to reinforce it last night :D

Scuba
01-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Oh so I made the claim a few days ago, The adjuster called today and offered 3900 so we can only go up from there. I saw a nice 95 taco the other day, so idk. But ill let everyone know what happens when its said and done. /me gets back to my vacation :bling:

wifesaysimadumbass
01-14-2009, 09:07 PM
are you still coming to the superstition run i'm guessing not????

Scuba
01-14-2009, 09:48 PM
I wish, But sadly no. Hopefully next year...Be sure to pour one out for my rig while out there though :D

Scuba
02-11-2009, 11:26 PM
OH OH !!! So we finally got the reciepts from the engine swap in august to the insurance peeps, They and my mom went back and forth and we finally got to 6100 if its not my fault, but theyre thinking its 50/50, so 6100-250=5850, Not bad IMO. Oh and I think the girls that were in the rhino used a false drivers licence number (there were tons of people, they could have used a friends), no wonder they didnt wanna make a statement to our insurance ! Anyway, Im on the lookout for 1 95-04 Single cab taco, Ill consider ext cabs 5 speed preferred, OR 96-02 4Runner 5 speed preferred as well. So If your scouring your local CL and happen upon something nice keep me in mind and PM me please and thanks!! :bling:

slosurfer
02-12-2009, 07:22 AM
:thumbup: That's a real good price. :thumbup:

Scuba
02-12-2009, 10:18 AM
Ohhh yeah, Right around the lines we were thinking, I think we just about broke even after all the work and the price of the truck !! :bling:

Scuba
02-12-2009, 02:04 PM
Update. I might be flying to austin texas to pickup a 99 single cab taco 2.7 5speed 96k miles. 4x4 of course. My moms heading over right now to check it out and put a deposit if its a nice truck. Then ill fly out with the insurance check, and drive back. sounds fun :D *fingers crossed*

slosurfer
02-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Sweet!!!! :thumbup:

Scuba
02-12-2009, 02:13 PM
agghh, My heart is beating like crazy. It looks like a nice steal, 5200 bucks. get out. All the good deals are in texas IMO :bling:

DHC6twinotter
02-12-2009, 02:37 PM
Awesome! I like those trucks.

troyboy162
02-12-2009, 06:09 PM
pics or it didnt happen lol

Scuba
02-12-2009, 11:06 PM
WelllllllIM GETTING IT AHAHAHAHAHAH Im soooo excited !!! I heard the motor over speaker phone sounds good with the phone static :chair:. My moms co worker is going to take a look at it as well tomorrow, So I have a list of things id like him to check, Trust me its not easy telling a mom, who thinks all this crap is jiberish, to look at this look at that, she said frame looks straight no rust, and the inside looks pretty new..OH, Pics. here are the few that were on CL, the others looked like crap so i didnt save them. http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/Sycosurfer150/outside.jpg, http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/Sycosurfer150/inside.jpg. YAYY :bling:

troyboy162
02-13-2009, 05:19 AM
its got 16 inch wheels? man all that work to save your tires and now your gonna have to sell them.

that thing is quite a step up from your old pig...its probably got all the bolts in the drive train and everything! lol hurry up and go get 'er

JOSHH
02-13-2009, 11:10 AM
its got 16 inch wheels? man all that work to save your tires and now your gonna have to sell them.

They should be 15 inchers for that year. Looks like manual hubs, that's good.

Scuba
02-13-2009, 02:09 PM

that thing is quite a step up from your old pig...its probably got all the bolts in the drive train and everything! lol hurry up and go get 'er
HAH, IDk what size rims, but my mom said the tires look quite nice...

They should be 15 inchers for that year. Looks like manual hubs, that's good.
Yes Manual hubs from what the owner said !! Thats whats up IMO

Tankota
02-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Way to go man. So when are you gong to start your SAS :angel: :tapedshut:

Scuba
02-14-2009, 12:43 AM
Way to go man. So when are you gong to start your SAS :angel: :tapedshut:

OMG, Dont remind me aboot my pipe dream...Actually, Theres some money leftover from the insurance, and taxe returns coming...:headscratch:....

Scuba
02-14-2009, 12:45 AM
UPDATE: I cant get a solid 3 days off of work to save my life. So it looks like my mom will be driving it back from texas, and itll be here 23rd or 24th...

troyboy162
02-14-2009, 05:21 AM
UPDATE: I cant get a solid 3 days off of work to save my life. So it looks like my mom will be driving it back from texas, and itll be here 23rd or 24th...

probably for the best...you'd just hammer a rhino with it on the way home anyhow :)

Scuba
02-14-2009, 09:55 AM
That was mean :(

slosurfer
02-14-2009, 11:38 AM
:laugh: Your mom just added 1 more week of life to that truck. :flipoff:

Seriously though, hopefully this one stays accident free for a long time. :thumbup:

Scuba
02-14-2009, 12:07 PM
:laugh: Your mom just added 1 more week of life to that truck. :flipoff:

Seriously though, hopefully this one stays accident free for a long time. :thumbup:
LMAO !! Yeah dude, Im really gonna take car of this baby, I beat the crap outta the 91..I will drive this thing (sometimes) like I drive my dads runner...ie like a gramma. And Yes, I will watch out for the rhino...:bling:

Scuba
02-17-2009, 09:22 AM
Wellllll, My mom hired some company called Lemon Busters, and they do like a 100 point check right down to compression. They said its in perfect working condition, 4x4 engages and there are no leaks. So it should be here around the 25th. YAY !

Scuba
02-17-2009, 04:43 PM
Lemon Busters inspection went without a flaw, So the truck is mine, MY mom got the insurance check I had to overnight to her, cashed the check and went and bought it. So the truck is mine !! :D Itll be here the 24th I believe. Im ordering a 2" 4Crawler BL on friday when I get payed :thumbup: Then sliders will be next !! :bling:

DHC6twinotter
02-17-2009, 04:45 PM
Sweet!

Scuba
02-17-2009, 05:13 PM
Yeah dan, im so stoked, you have no idea !! :bling:

Nick
02-17-2009, 05:33 PM
Ain't it a grand feeling when a bad thing turns out to be a good one in disguise? :)

Scuba
02-17-2009, 08:40 PM
I Think i get what your saying, but do you mean. The totalling of a vehicle (bad) Turns out to be a good thing as in getting a newer nicer truck ? lol, Yes its great !!