PDA

View Full Version : Sweet 1uz Corolla build up!

DHC6twinotter
01-13-2009, 07:41 PM
Hey all,

Not sure how many of you visit lextreme, but there is a guy over there building up an older corolla. He is installing a supercharged 1uz (Lexus 4.0 V8), 5spd, and suspension has been pulled from a Lexus SC. This guy is building a custom chassis to fit it all together.

Anyways, link: http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7968

There are many awesome swaps on that site, but this one really caught my attention. Amazing amount of work, and I was blown away when I saw this. Really sweet project. :D

FYI, that section of the forum is supposed to be for members only, but I can view it fine without logging in. Hopefully, it works for everyone else as well.

Good Times
01-13-2009, 07:52 PM
holy moly!

slosurfer
01-13-2009, 08:00 PM
WOW!!!!

That is awesome!

I would love to do something like that, but make it more of a rally corolla. :hillbill:

CJM
01-13-2009, 08:21 PM
AWESOME! I always wanted to do something like that to the 92-97 Camry, I just like the look of them but rwd is so much more fun.

Thats a real one off car..

mYnAmEiSmUdD
01-14-2009, 07:32 AM
These swaps are awesome. There was a guy doing the same type of swap with a 72 (te27?) corolla. His website has been down for months.... :( (was 1uzfe.com, if anyone knows if he has transfered the data to a different domain let me know!!!)

Eventually i would love to build one of these cars up.

That guys custom headers are freaking beautiful!

Boys and their toys..... :thumbup:

gilby4runner
01-14-2009, 10:53 AM
Very interesting.... i dig it! Looks like somthing you would see in a Mad Max movie.

YotaFun
01-14-2009, 11:05 AM
That thing is gonna be sweet!
I love projects like this!

paddlenbike
01-14-2009, 11:14 AM
With fuel prices such that they are, I am waiting for the first supercharged 1UZ swap into a Prius.

slosurfer
01-14-2009, 02:23 PM
With fuel prices such that they are, I am waiting for the first supercharged 1UZ swap into a Prius.

:lol: I'm thinking of adding a Hybrid emblem to the 4runner just for kicks. I mean it gets the same gas mileage as a Hybrid Tahoe. :laugh:

DHC6twinotter
01-14-2009, 07:38 PM
*Tpoic Viewable in Full* It's all viewable b/c the poster has his pic permissions enabled, unike others. maybe Cebby, IIRC being a little involved over there can get some folks to open up their pic permisions and we all can play nicely together? :D

That must be it. Every other time I've gone over there, I've had to log in to view attachments.

This is my favorite pic that he's got: :D

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g137/Markstoys/cars/fq2mjulweb.jpg

Anybody know what year Corolla that is? Doesn't seem to say in that thread.

slosurfer
01-14-2009, 07:47 PM
That thing needs a snorkel to complete the look. :hillbill:

Scuba
01-14-2009, 09:54 PM
was 1uzfe.com, if anyone knows if he has transfered the data to a different domain let me know
Maybe this ? http://www.uzswap.com/forum/ That is a sweet rolla if i might say so myself. :bling: