PDA

View Full Version : Wrenchathon | Los Angeles | Sat Jan 24

calrockx
01-18-2009, 04:42 PM
I have bad diff luck.

Just drove from SF to LA and when I got here I noticed grease sprayed all over the back of the 4Runner and the diff leaking. That, and the familiar ticking sound, made it pretty clear what was up.

This afternoon I took the diff out of the truck and confirmed my suspicion: chipped teeth on the pinion gear. Bah humbug.

So I'm gonna drop it off on at a shop on Tuesday and hopefully get it back later that week. Here's where the fun starts...reassembly.

I'm in town for a few days and have other things to do than wrench, but I wanted to do at least this much of the work to save time from the truck sitting in the shop, and a few bucks too. I managed to get this far my own, but wouldn't mind some extra hands for the reassembly simply make things easier and move quicker. And meeting new faces and familiar ones is fun, so why not make it something of a little social event, right?

So...next Saturday, Jan 24 (hoping to drive back up to SF on Sunday) if some of the LA guys could lend a hand that'd be great. I'm in Santa Clarita and starting around late morning sounds good. Complimentary pizza and beer of course. Hope to see some fellow Yotaheads.

4runnerchevy
01-18-2009, 06:38 PM
Socal = take it to a shop, NorCal = take it to a buddy. :flipoff:

calrockx
01-18-2009, 07:38 PM
pfft, norcal snobs. ha.

slosurfer
01-21-2009, 08:40 PM
bump for Charles :thumbup: