PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 4.56's or 4.88's

FlexIncRunner
01-19-2009, 03:18 PM
need f/r 4.56's or 4.88's for a '98 4runner. would prefer front carrier and rear third if possible

crolison
01-19-2009, 05:13 PM
i got a rear arb 4.88 third that i am going to sell, the gears make a tad bit of noise when the pinion is on the coast side of the gear.

FlexIncRunner
01-19-2009, 07:01 PM
i got a rear arb 4.88 third that i am going to sell, the gears make a tad bit of noise when the pinion is on the coast side of the gear.
how much and where are you located? i really need to do both f/r at the same time

Tried asking Greg (Yotaman) what he has available via TOF?? You might be able to keep it all Carolina boys. :hillbill:

TOF?

FlexIncRunner
01-19-2009, 07:17 PM
thanks. i think i found them. i sent them both pm's and am waitin on a response. do they deal with new stuff or do you think they might have what i need layin around?

4runnerchevy
01-19-2009, 07:50 PM
I my own opinion, and just to ask the question. Why do people buy used gear sets ? I understand the need to save money, but all that bother for a questionable set, is a wonder to me.

On that note I have a set of precision 4.88's I pulled out cause they are funky. You can have em for free. I also have a bunch of used bearings, and crush sleaves. :flipoff:

FlexIncRunner
01-19-2009, 07:55 PM
i hope i dont come off soundin like a dick, but some of us are i situations where we cant just go and spend a grand on gears, intstall kits, and having them put in. i would if i could, but you gotta work with what you have.

FlexIncRunner
01-19-2009, 08:09 PM
i would like to think that the people you deal with of forums like this, who share the same interests wouldnt f*** you over by selling you something they knew was junk.

on that note. :rofl:

On that note I have a set of precision 4.88's I pulled out cause they are funky. You can have em for free. I also have a bunch of used bearings, and crush sleaves. :flipoff:

what did they come out of?

4runnerchevy
01-19-2009, 08:40 PM
I was kidding. I sheared a pin on a lunch box (some time ago), and they are toast. I think they would make a good lawn ornament at someones house (not mine).

FlexIncRunner
01-20-2009, 04:37 AM
oh. ok. lol. i dont think thats what im lookin for

crolison
01-20-2009, 03:18 PM
i pm'd you, but if i can sell just the arb. I can send you housing with pinion gear installed and the ring gear and a v6 open carrier. So all you'd have to do is put the carrier in and check the specs (mostly backlash) to get it to work.