PDA

View Full Version : Next sd crew run?

wifesaysimadumbass
01-28-2009, 05:56 PM
So when are we going and where? i would love to go back to superstition again sometime next month or somewhere else too. post up when anyone can make it.

randver
01-28-2009, 06:22 PM
i would love to do a trip to bronco peak and sidewinder at Corral Canyon. i can go wheeling this weekend or next sat the 7th. or any weekend after the 22 of feb

toyopnoy
01-28-2009, 07:46 PM
Tuning into this thread...im down!

Tankota
01-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Ok since I missed Super 11 I'm absolutely dying to get out. Lets go somewhere!

Seanz0rz
01-28-2009, 09:06 PM
id be down to go and camp, ride along with someone else. i think i could manage the gas bill, but not the inevitable repair costs.... hahaha.

last week in march is my spring break, so march 14/15 is completely out for me (studying for finals). other than that, im open to pretty much any date in feb or march!

randver
01-28-2009, 09:23 PM
who let sean in here? the thread title says SD Crew lol. just kiding

Seanz0rz
01-28-2009, 09:25 PM
hey, i let you guys wheel in my backyard... hahaha. unfortunately there is no IE crew, closest thing to that, i dont want to be a part of anymore.

so who wants to let me ride along? theres a 6 pack of your choice to sweeten the deal. hahaa.

Scuba
01-28-2009, 11:07 PM
Grrr...

troyboy162
01-29-2009, 06:45 PM
... unfortunately there is no IE crew....

what, what, what? im up here. i just met jen nand joe, and x-tool is up here too. scooter25 is moving to palmdale within a week and scuba is a honorary IE member so long as he keeps handing my phone number out to all the girls at the beaches down there.

the SD crew should make a long range trip to cleghorn and big bear some time. maybe a little calico too but its a good 45 minutes further from SD then cleghorn.

Seanz0rz
01-29-2009, 06:48 PM
Troy. I'll explain all that another time.

The sd crew usually comes up at least once a year to bb.

wifesaysimadumbass
01-29-2009, 09:33 PM
big bear in june... maybe a superstition trip the weekend of tds everyone will be a truckhaven so it will be empty... tds is usually the first weekend in march

randver
01-29-2009, 10:07 PM
so pic your weekend and your run mikey. if you pick it they will come lol

strykersd
01-29-2009, 11:58 PM
I missed Superstition also and am dying to get back out. I can do just about any weekend in feb or march

freejake3
02-01-2009, 07:57 PM
The sd crew usually comes up at least once a year to bb.

I'll be starting a BB thread in a couple/three weeks. It'll be the first weekend in May (2/3). More on that later.......

Make a move Michael........

Sean......why are you not wheeling the 4Runner????????

Seanz0rz
02-01-2009, 08:47 PM
im broke. i still have an odd popping sound from the rear end (im thinking either drum brake shoes are sticking or something is loose in the suspension / body). if i broke a cv, i dont have the money to replace it right now. i have nothing else to drive if its down. i dont have a front skid plate right now, and im not sure when ill be able to finish it.

plus, i havent really felt much like wheeling lately. hopefully that will change soon.

Tankota
02-02-2009, 05:41 PM
There's always the TDS Safari. March 6th, 7th and 8th. http://www.tdsdesertsafari.com/
I plan on going to this one. Its back in the Truckhaven location this year. I know everyone who went to superstition might be sick of huge organized events, but I really like seeing all the rigs and vendors at this one. I never wheel on the big group run anyway. Also there are always a ton of yotas out for this one too. And over $100,000 in raffle prizes.

I would still love to get out and do our own thing some time too.

The shirt for the TDS safari features a Toyota this year. Thats gonna piss off some jeepers. :tongueout:

http://www.tdsdesertsafari.com/images/stories/tds-2008-for-web.jpg

strykersd
02-02-2009, 07:14 PM
I'm planning on heading out to the TDS Desert Safari. I went to Anza Borrego last year the weekend they were having it, but didn't know about it until Sunday Morning, opps. I've heard it's quite possibly the largest 4-wheel drive event in the world...

slosurfer
02-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Oh man, I would love to go to that! The shirt is an added bonus. Too bad work sucks right now.

Tankota
02-02-2009, 07:52 PM
I'm planning on heading out to the TDS Desert Safari. I went to Anza Borrego last year the weekend they were having it, but didn't know about it until Sunday Morning, opps. I've heard it's quite possibly the largest 4-wheel drive event in the world...

I wouldnt be suprised at all. They claim to be the largest 4wd event on the west coast.

Usually there is a TTORA group from Vegas (I think) that we endup staying with for Saturday night.

Hey Mark, what was the name of your buddy who has the house on Split Mountain Rd? He was really cool guy.

Smiling_Jim
02-06-2009, 07:28 PM
Mmmm, I wanna go!

Corral Canyon and Bronco would be good...

randver
02-06-2009, 07:43 PM
i think mikey is afraid to pic so some one pic a day for CC/bronco peak

wifesaysimadumbass
02-06-2009, 07:54 PM
im not afraid i'm just not sure if i can go... dough is tight right now i got to pay school tuition for the rug rats

Marc P
02-06-2009, 08:35 PM
Zack you are talking about Tom...He was just at my work a few days ago.

wifesaysimadumbass
02-08-2009, 08:17 AM
well what weekend works for you guys? lets try to do one in early march and one in early april gotta do at least three big runs this year....

Tankota
02-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Well I'm going to be in Truckhaven March 6th, 7th and 8th. I'd also be up for a run later in the month.

Yea Tom was his name. So you just saw him, thats cool.

wifesaysimadumbass
02-08-2009, 09:24 PM
his little girl goes to school with brenden so i see him all the time he's a way cool guy

Seanz0rz
02-08-2009, 09:28 PM
you guys set a date and a place and ill most likely be there.

i have just enough money saved up to get there and back and expenses for the weekend!

Tankota
02-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Small world huh.

Awesome Sean!

Scuba
02-10-2009, 12:17 AM
What rating are the trails you guys possibly doing..Im sure when I finally get another rig itll be IFS, But id love to come wheel and meet some of the guys that are closer in geog to me...:bling:

Tankota
02-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Well dam I'm gonna be out for a this month and most of March too.

Just got word that I'm shipping out to New Orleans Louisiana for three to four weeks. Gonna be working on the USS New York, LPD-21. This thing has four main engines, each with 10,500hp!

I'm really excited to go (bringing back some good dough), but bummed to miss 4wheeling. I think we will be out there mardi gras too, not sure when that is though.

slosurfer
02-10-2009, 07:13 PM
NIce, I bet that one is much nicer than the two LPD's that I served on. MIne were a bit older, USS Duluth LPD-6 and USS Denver LPD-9 Both of them broke down all the time, and we took to calling it the "Bob Denver" because we had no engine power for two days and just "bobbed" out in the Pacific. That's also the one that ended up running into its own refueler while I was on board. :)

Will you be working on it in drydock or while it is underway?

randver
02-10-2009, 09:46 PM
What rating are the trails you guys possibly doing..Im sure when I finally get another rig itll be IFS, But id love to come wheel and meet some of the guys that are closer in geog to me...:bling:

i dont know anything about a rating but i made it through sidewinder and bronco peak, IFS 31" tires and no locker

randver
02-10-2009, 09:52 PM
USS New York, LPD-21. This thing has four main engines, each with 10,500hp!

glad to hear your getting some good work but if you like the USS New Yorks horsepower. try my ship. USS Ronald Reagan CVN-76

"The nuclear-powered carrier has two General Electric pressurised [sic] water reactors driving four turbines of 260,000 hp (194 MW) and four shafts. There are four emergency diesels of 10,720 hp (8 MW)."

Scuba
02-10-2009, 11:40 PM
i dont know anything about a rating but i made it through sidewinder and bronco peak, IFS 31" tires and no locker
Sweet thanks for the answer, I got confused with the thread going back and forth so I have no clue if those are the trails you guys were talking about running. Still hoping I have a rig soooon. Ill check back with this. :bling:

Tankota
02-11-2009, 04:23 PM
USS New York, LPD-21. This thing has four main engines, each with 10,500hp!

glad to hear your getting some good work but if you like the USS New Yorks horsepower. try my ship. USS Ronald Reagan CVN-76

"The nuclear-powered carrier has two General Electric pressurised [sic] water reactors driving four turbines of 260,000 hp (194 MW) and four shafts. There are four emergency diesels of 10,720 hp (8 MW)."

Ok ok you win :hillbill: But it is hard to compare diesel to Nuclear power.

Will you be working on it in drydock or while it is underway?

I'm pretty sure it will just be in port. Its almost funny how often these things break down. I almost got sent to Singapore to work on the USS Comstock. Thats a real headache boat!

Sorry, Im off topic again... :angel:

wifesaysimadumbass
02-11-2009, 05:03 PM
how about we take over superstition the weekend of tds!!! i'm still pretty sure i can go then so who's with me?

wifesaysimadumbass
02-16-2009, 02:43 PM
posted up a weekend... whos up for it? check out the other thread
http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=7350.0