PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Pismo Jamboree (Sept. 25-27th)

Pages : [1] 2

slosurfer
02-08-2009, 08:51 PM
It's time to start planning for the 7th Annual Pismo Jamboree! We started planning already, now you guys need to start planning to show up!

Where: Oceano Dunes SVRA, CA
When: September 25-27, 2009
Who: You and your friends!

We've got big plans for this year's event, starting off with a new website!

Check it out!

www.pismojamboree.com

The website will be your all inclusive resource for the event, and will have the most up to date information. We will of course be adding to it as more of our planning is finalized, and we will let you know here when new changes have been made to the site.

As of right now you will have to post up here to be added to the "attendee list", but soon we hope to have it so that you can add yourself directly on the website.

One of the things we are really excited about is this year's GPS Challenge. We have big plans for it and I've already done one prerun in our planning for it. This will be one area of the website you will want to pay attention to for changes, as we add more details, rules, hints, etc...

So, check out the website and give us your feedback!

www.pismojamboree.com

I hope to see all the same faces and many new faces,
Chris

YotaGirl
02-08-2009, 08:55 PM
:( I'm out. That's the same weekend as Fun in the Desert. Hope you all have fun!

Oh and I love the new website!

Seanz0rz
02-08-2009, 08:57 PM
date actually looks ok for me, i think thats right after i return to school for fall quarter, so it might be a tiny bit dicey...

put me down for me+3 and a second vehicle. im sure ill be changing that as it gets closer!

slosurfer
02-08-2009, 09:04 PM
:( I'm out. That's the same weekend as Fun in the Desert. Hope you all have fun!

Oh and I love the new website!

Yeah Jen, we were bummed when we found that out! :( It was a tough decision to continue with this date, but we really didn't have many other options. You will definately be missed. You will have to come out to Surf N Turf in Nov. with the Landcruiser for your Pismo fix. :D

expatoz
02-08-2009, 10:25 PM
Count me in Chris.

Just as a thought, you might like to include geocaching as a competition or activity. Just a thought.

Website is awesome!

Cheers
Mar

Scuba
02-08-2009, 10:31 PM
Dude you already know im down, Idc what the dates are, or if I have a vehicle or not...:headscratch: !!! Seriously though, Put me down, idk if ill have anyone with me or not. :bling:

randver
02-08-2009, 10:33 PM
i will be deployed so you guys have fun for me!

Scuba
02-08-2009, 10:33 PM
Oh and as for pismojam.com ...umm, New homepage FTW !! :D

DHC6twinotter
02-09-2009, 08:06 AM
Very nice website! I'm going to do everything I can to make it out again, but that is all up in the air right now. :hillbill:

slosurfer
02-09-2009, 08:22 AM
Count me in Chris.

Just as a thought, you might like to include geocaching as a competition or activity. Just a thought.

Website is awesome!

Cheers
Mar

Mark, that's a good idea. I'll check into what (if any) geocaches they have out there and what their policy is on it. Depending on what they have I might be able to incorporate it into the challenge and just have the list of available geocaches available for those that want them. I'll look into it. :)

Oh, and the props go to Lance for the website! He put in the man hours for it, I just threw ideas at him. :)

i will be deployed so you guys have fun for me!

Anthony, bummer, stay safe over there. I'm hoping to get some of the SD crew up here this year.

Very nice website! I'm going to do everything I can to make it out again, but that is all up in the air right now. :hillbill:

Oh and as for pismojam.com ...umm, New homepage FTW !! :D

Scuba can't wait to see you again, and Dan, I hope you can make it.

Lance did an awesome job on the website and just wait till you see what other stuff we got coming. We are working on the Event Swag now, so hopefully that will be up soon.

Scuba
02-09-2009, 10:39 AM
Hellz yeah chris, I didnt realize you were going to super 11, I wanted to, but after the wreck couldnt. But if I was there we could have caught up!! Anyway, The countdown timer is baller :bling:

YotaFun
02-09-2009, 07:39 PM
Put me down as tentative, i too will be doing my best to get out there.
Gonna start a fund hopefully in a few weeks to start saving for possibly driving out there.

if not def fly out there, I will have to also see when school falls.
hopeiign it will be in the middle of a phase.

corax
02-10-2009, 02:12 AM
Put me down as a "most probably, almost definate" - best case, I drive out - worst case, I still have a few free round trip flights and I need to find an open seat

troyboy162
02-10-2009, 08:07 AM
man the website is awsome! that should bring in more numbers for you guys this year. one thing though is my work laptops weirdo resolution of 1440x900 makes the gps challenge and acomidations tabs scroll too far to the left and cut off some text.
i hope i can go with you guys. it looks like a blast!

slosurfer
02-10-2009, 08:33 AM
Avy and Keith, that will be great to have you east coasters! :thumbup: Keith, didn't you just miss it by a couple weeks or something like that last year on your way through?

Troy, I hope you can make it as well. I know you would have a blast.

I'll pass that info along to Lance about the gps and accomodation tabs (not sure if anything can be done or not). In the meantime, you can read that same info on the 411 page that has links on the side to skip right to those sections.

YotaFun
02-10-2009, 10:58 AM
2,879 miles one way....

Truck Tank size roughly 17.5 gallons (due to dent)
Average MPG for truck on highway 20 MPG

17.5*20 = 350 miles to a tank

2,879/350 = 8.22

So it will take me on the safe side 10 tanks of gas to get out there.
Then another 10 back...

That is 20 tanks round trip.....

Considering right NOW it costs me roughly 30 dollars a tank
30*20 = 600 dollars in gas.

Also the trip will take according to Google maps 1 day and 19 hours...

I am going to have to carefully consider this since 600 dollars is alot of things I could do to the truck....

LOL

Thought the experience of going out to Cali and back in a week and a half, priceless....

Scuba
02-10-2009, 11:47 AM
^^ You = Crazy. :bling:

Bob98SR5
02-10-2009, 12:26 PM
chris,

looking fwd to the event. thanks for taking lead on this for the 2nd year now. I'll be in touch via PM

bob

YotaFun
02-10-2009, 01:14 PM
*Thought of flying out and beating down on a loaner from Enterprise...even more priceless! :rofl:

I am only 21, I can't rent anything bigger then an economy car or SUV (wich equals a 2WD Escape).

If I could rent an FJ i would

corax
02-10-2009, 02:07 PM
Avy and Keith, that will be great to have you east coasters! :thumbup: Keith, didn't you just miss it by a couple weeks or something like that last year on your way through?

I came through less than 1 week before P4RJ . . .

Also the trip will take according to Google maps 1 day and 19 hours...

I am going to have to carefully consider this since 600 dollars is alot of things I could do to the truck....

LOL

Thought the experience of going out to Cali and back in a week and a half, priceless....

I won't try to convince you too hard at this point since I don't know if I'll be able to drive yet or not either. Also, don't forget the possibility of a "truck pool" and driving in shifts - split the gas right down the middle - my truck also gets 20mpg average + I should have ~30 gallons on tap by the time this rolls around (stock 16 gal + 14 gal NWMP aux tank = 600 miles between fill-ups)

YotaFun
02-10-2009, 05:39 PM
I won't try to convince you too hard at this point since I don't know if I'll be able to drive yet or not either. Also, don't forget the possibility of a "truck pool" and driving in shifts - split the gas right down the middle - my truck also gets 20mpg average + I should have ~30 gallons on tap by the time this rolls around (stock 16 gal + 14 gal NWMP aux tank = 600 miles between fill-ups)

Oh I know its still up in the air for me, but i am still going to start saving now just in case.

I was also thinking, by then I should have the tundra calipers and a trans cooler on....

Maybe I can tow yours and we can still split gas costs lol!

I need to get another gas tank on, but i need to get a rear bumper built to hold my spare...

DHC6twinotter
02-10-2009, 06:01 PM
If I have a Tundra by then and decide to drive, I can tow somebody as well.

If I fly, I can rent an FJ or something that is Toyota and 4wd. Not overly fond of thrashing it though. :D

YotaFun
02-10-2009, 06:04 PM
If I have a Tundra by then and decide to drive, I can tow somebody as well.

If I fly, I can rent an FJ or something that is Toyota and 4wd. Not overly fond of thrashing it though. :D

can't we just make yours 4wd already, i am sure we can find a diff from someone that has sas'd and i am sure junkyards are littered with t-cases...

Scuba
02-10-2009, 11:46 PM
can't we just make yours 4wd already, i am sure we can find a diff from someone that has sas'd and i am sure junkyards are littered with t-cases...
hah, x2, Like a Nike campaign, Just Do It. :bling:

DHC6twinotter
02-11-2009, 03:18 PM

hah, x2, Like a Nike campaign, Just Do It. :bling:

haha...I'd probably just swap in a R150 tranny and tcase before I go messing with the output shaft and whatnot on my 2WD tranny. Probably end up SASing it as well. I dunno...I've had some other thoughts lately though. If only I have money. :D

I don't want to do anything internally with my tranny at the moment. I'm trying to break my dad's record for longest lasting tranny at a local tranny shop. I'm at 213k on my original and have just another 11-12k to pass his record, which was a bit over 224k on his GM tranny.

slosurfer
02-11-2009, 03:27 PM
.....I'm at 213k on my original and have just another 11-12k to pass his record, which was a bit over 224k on his GM tranny.

Well, sounds like you need to come out, seeing as driving out here and back will put a big dent in getting towards that record. :D

Throw a locker in that rear and it will do great out there. On my prerun on Sun. I was 2wd with the locker on for almost the whole time.

YotaFun
02-11-2009, 04:01 PM
I don't want to do anything internally with my tranny at the moment. I'm trying to break my dad's record for longest lasting tranny at a local tranny shop. I'm at 213k on my original and have just another 11-12k to pass his record, which was a bit over 224k on his GM tranny.

HAHAHA!!
My GTI has got you beat 215500 currently and still going strong!

.....I'm at 213k on my original and have just another 11-12k to pass his record, which was a bit over 224k on his GM tranny.

Well, sounds like you need to come out, seeing as driving out here and back will put a big dent in getting towards that record. :D

Throw a locker in that rear and it will do great out there. On my prerun on Sun. I was 2wd with the locker on for almost the whole time.

There ya go Dan, just prerun it, us 4wd guys are around if we need to pull you out :-)

stormtaco
02-11-2009, 06:54 PM
you know i will be there woohoo maybe long travel or most likely sas

Scuba
02-11-2009, 11:15 PM
I know I remember the name storm, But dont recall a face..and your crazy dan with the tranny crap...What cha gonna do after you beat the record..? Throw it in reverse at 60 ?

slosurfer
02-12-2009, 07:25 AM
you know i will be there woohoo maybe long travel or most likely sas

James, I knew I could count on you to come. I'll be jealous if you show up LT. :laugh: Thanks for the shift knobs for last year's jambo. :thumbup:

stormtaco
02-12-2009, 04:13 PM
i am going to try and cnc some this year to look like a birfield see you guys there, i will prob come down thur. this time to :clap:

YotaFun
02-12-2009, 08:36 PM
I figured if I save 40 dollars a week, starting next week up to the event, I can afford the trip, with a little spending cash.

A friend of mine is looking into possibly getting Tess shipped out there, might be cheaper then driving he thinks.

I would have to drive back since I might be stopping in Colorado Spring to pick up my aunt to bring here back to the east coast with me.

Still all up in the air still but I am still tryign to make it work.
I so want to do this lol!

Good Times
02-12-2009, 08:43 PM
I used to buy/sell new/used vehicles years ago and shipping a vehicle from the east coast was in the $1k each way. Might want to call around and check to see what the going rate is right now and decide. The other option is to tow it behind someone else and just split the cost of the fuel :)

YotaFun
02-12-2009, 08:46 PM
That's what I told my friend lance.
Moms lexus from texas was $1K alone so.

But he thinks he can get me a deal.

I think if all goes well and Keith wants to drive out, I could tow his runner behind mine.

4runnerchevy
02-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Hey, get a RTI ramp out there, and hold a competition for score, should be interesting results. If you can get a flat enough surface.

DHC6twinotter
02-12-2009, 08:50 PM
BNSF Railroad also transports vehicles. http://www.bnsf.com/prospective/cpcustomer_auto.html

I'm sure CSX and other major rail shippers do as well. :thumbup:

slosurfer
02-12-2009, 09:07 PM
i am going to try and cnc some this year to look like a birfield see you guys there, i will prob come down thur. this time to :clap:

That would be sweet! (both the birfield shifters and you coming down thurs) :thumbup:

Hey, get a RTI ramp out there, and hold a competition for score, should be interesting results. If you can get a flat enough surface.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :flipoff: :flipoff: :asshat: :flipoff:

You'd be surprised, we had some built solid axle rigs out the past two years. And a local brought his f-toy out for a couple hours as well. ONe of my favorite memories from two years ago, was some dude airing out his 1st gen which was missing his front driveshaft, I believe he blew all 4 shocks upon landing though. oops

Scuba
02-12-2009, 11:25 PM
OUUCHC. Chris, Add me to the official list with a 99 Taco EDIT:please ? :D

4runnerchevy
02-13-2009, 05:57 AM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :flipoff: :flipoff: :asshat: :flipoff:

You'd be surprised, we had some built solid axle rigs out the past two years. And a local brought his f-toy out for a couple hours as well. ONe of my favorite memories from two years ago, was some dude airing out his 1st gen which was missing his front driveshaft, I believe he blew all 4 shocks upon landing though. oops

I was talking about all you IFS guys, I think it would be fun to watch. You could win a prize if you get 400 :flipoff:

slosurfer
02-13-2009, 06:54 AM
I was talking about all you IFS guys, I think it would be fun to watch. You could win a prize if you get 400 :flipoff:

:laugh: I knew what you were talking about. :flipoff: I was just letting you know that rockcrawlers do show up and have fun. :thumbup:

slosurfer
02-13-2009, 08:20 AM
Who would be interested in learning and practiceing basic trail repair stuff while sitting in camp? We are coming up with stuff that is fun and useful and can be done right at camp and will be nice for that lull where you're tired of driving in the dunes and looking for something to do.

We already have some ideas but would love to hear some of yours.

Scuba
02-13-2009, 02:21 PM
Chris that actually sounds like fun, Getting some andvice from all you cottonhaired peeps. Like hi lift using, Idk what else really, cause trail repairs are always random as hell ! But that does sound kool. !! Maybe an efi troubleshooting for the peeps with 86-95 trucks. I can see it now...( NOW FOLKS, Dont forget the paperclip !! ) :bling:

DHC6twinotter
02-13-2009, 03:30 PM
I can see it now...( NOW FOLKS, Dont forget the paperclip !! ) :bling:

:laugh: I like paperclips.

Chris, that is a cool idear.

stormtaco
02-13-2009, 04:04 PM
this is going to be close found out the wife is 5weeks along, yep she is pregnant and puts the date first of oct. so if all go's right i can make it, and for trial repair how about winching an f350 out of a bowl it barely fits in at night, oh wait chris already :spit: knows this one

DHC6twinotter
02-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Sweet! Congrats man!

YotaFun
02-13-2009, 04:12 PM
Yeah.
Everyone remember a shovel.
And a lot of straps.

And if your gonna go for a night run, wear something warm (digging out that truck at night and it was freeze)

DHC6twinotter
02-13-2009, 06:13 PM
Yeah, and a hoody and glasses help keep the blowing sand from hitting your face and getting in the eyes. Sorta.

Scuba
02-14-2009, 12:41 AM
Dude that night run scared the crud outta me...Anyone remeber me getting back to camp scared crapless ? :bling:

DHC6twinotter
02-14-2009, 03:48 PM
I vote for a Chili cook-off this year. That would go down good on the night we aren't doing the Splash Cafe shindig. :D

Whoever came up with the T-shirt competition was a genius. :thumbup:

YotaFun
02-14-2009, 03:52 PM
I am so looking forward to a night run.

I like riding shot gun last year with lance and if I can get the truck out this year, would love to go out.

Here on the east coast there is no where to wheel at night so.

slosurfer
02-14-2009, 04:46 PM
this is going to be close found out the wife is 5weeks along, yep she is pregnant and puts the date first of oct. so if all go's right i can make it, and for trial repair how about winching an f350 out of a bowl it barely fits in at night, oh wait chris already :spit: knows this one

Hey congrats!!!!! Do all your mods to the 4runner now while you have the chance!!!

Haha, no kidding about winching that ford out, the first thing I said to Lance was "We should just use your winch and winch him out of there." To which Lance replied, "I don't have a winch anymore." Then like Avy said we commenced to lots of digging and almost had to cut our straps a couple times due to Lance and I getting stuck while yanking on that thing. A good shovel mount is now on my list or at least make sure I have my folding one in there(which it normally is, but left it at camp), before next year's jambo. :shake:

That night run was fun. :thumbup: Need more lights for next year though. :D

Hmmm... chili.....

slosurfer
02-18-2009, 08:08 PM
I'm going to be pushing for more of us to be running flags while we're out there. Technically we don't have to since our rigs are street legal, but it is much safer to have them on. I don't have one yet but will be getting one soon and I'll see if I can find different ways that you can attach them without drilling.
:thumbup:

I know some of you have some, so feel free to post how you have yours mounted.

corax
02-18-2009, 08:20 PM
I never used it for that, but I have a 10' fiberglass whip CB antenna that would work perfectly with a flag on the top of it (and still allow CD use) :thumbup:

iceman601
02-18-2009, 08:38 PM
I'm going to be pushing for more of us to be running flags while we're out there. Technically we don't have to since our rigs are street legal, but it is much safer to have them on. I don't have one yet but will be getting one soon and I'll see if I can find different ways that you can attach them without drilling.
:thumbup:

I know some of you have some, so feel free to post how you have yours mounted.

Where can we get them and how much do they run for?....I got stopped by some guy in a buggy last year :hillbill:

slosurfer
02-18-2009, 08:48 PM
Where can we get them and how much do they run for?....I got stopped by some guy in a buggy last year :hillbill:

Was it one of the Rangers in a buggy? What did he tell you?

I'm looking into flags and mounts right now and will post some up. I know they sell the flags right there on the beach. I know some at the event have bought them before, so maybe they know how much they are there.

I personally don't mind drilling into a bumper, but I don't want it permanently mounted, so I'm looking at quick release mounts. It would also probably be easy to fab a brackte that attaches to a roof rack and then you could have the quick release in that. I'm looking at these right now.
http://www.hinesracingf.com/Tusk_flag_holders.asp

iceman601
02-18-2009, 09:01 PM
No it wasn't a ranger....just some random dude. It was just after the group photo shoot...I was the last one on the convoy heading out to the dunes. Came right up to me and told me that I needed a flag to head in there.

Would love to see some close up pics of these if anyone has them :P

Scuba
02-18-2009, 11:09 PM
What about the dudes that dont have racks...:headscratch: Maybe ill pick up a whip flag when im in the desert next, I know the place next to the old desert rose has some...Chris, You should look into getting UY pismo ones.. ?!?! :bling:

slosurfer
02-18-2009, 11:31 PM
No it wasn't a ranger....just some random dude. It was just after the group photo shoot...I was the last one on the convoy heading out to the dunes. Came right up to me and told me that I needed a flag to head in there.

Would love to see some close up pics of these if anyone has them :P

Ah, I thought you meant a ranger was hassling you.

What about the dudes that dont have racks...:headscratch: Maybe ill pick up a whip flag when im in the desert next, I know the place next to the old desert rose has some...Chris, You should look into getting UY pismo ones.. ?!?! :bling:

I seem to remember seeing a few mounts that mounted to the bed rails of a truck. We're looking into getting UY ones. :thumbup:

Scuba
02-18-2009, 11:42 PM
Sweet chris, Id buy one for sure, and run it 24/7 :bling:

Seanz0rz
02-18-2009, 11:43 PM
yeah id buy a UY flag! plan on mounting one to the rack this year just to be safer out there. or to the firestik. well see.

slosurfer
02-19-2009, 08:31 AM
If anyone has any info on a print shop that does these things let me know. Or if some of you internet gurus can find one, let me know.

I searched last night and only found one and it was embroidered and $20 just for the flag. :eek: I know there has to be someplace that will silkscreen them or something. I may just not be searching for the right thing.

Do you people prefer the triangle flag or the square flag?

2ndGen
02-19-2009, 09:09 AM
i'd buy one no matter going or not.

triangle flag has a smaller wind drag.

my old work can print them, but too bad i don't work there any more. but, still got connections over there. so set me up as a Plan B. it only takes an hour to setup the screen, print, dry them.

Scuba
02-19-2009, 09:12 AM
Id perfer a square, unless the triangles are larger, The eye effect still makes em look pretty small :bling:

slosurfer
02-19-2009, 09:24 AM
i'd buy one no matter going or not.

triangle flag has a smaller wind drag.

my old work can print them, but too bad i don't work there any more. but, still got connections over there. so set me up as a Plan B. it only takes an hour to setup the screen, print, dry them.

Tony, can you pm me their info and do they have a website?

I kind of prefer square for looks and it seems like I might have better luck finding a printer for them, but I like the triangle as well and the less wind drag so the flag stays more upright. Also, like Tony said, these don't just have to be for Pismo. Many other parks suggest flags as well, and they would be good for desert rides as well. I'll have to look as some parks require that it be a red or orange triangle so I'm thinking red triangle might be the most useful.

Does anyone know if some ohv parks require all vehicles to have flags? If so, could you please post the link to the park so I can read the rules. I want to make these legit at all areas you would need it, as this will be offered to all on UY and not just at Pismo. I'll probably start a whole other thread on this topic later tonight, so we get all the UY traffic, till then we can discuss it here. :)

Scuba
02-19-2009, 10:11 AM
So now were worried about a 1/2 ounce piece of fabric having wind drag when we got 150-250 hp on tap, Chris your 3.slow maybe has 125 :tongueout: jk jk. but seriously, is the wind drag thing so it doesnt tip over while driving..? Why not get a stiffer pole..? Wow that sounded weird.. And yes, I need one of those for desert driving...:bling:

2ndGen
02-19-2009, 10:58 AM
chris,
they don't open to the public. they are a part of a large nationwide network, the regulations prohibit suppliers to do any business with end users. everything is throu dealers. i worked there for 7 years, few people still owe me favors over time. they can handle everything from setup screen, printing even packing and shipping. it's not a big deal but the economy like this, i don't want to risk getting them in trouble if necessary. that's why i'll be your backup plan no problem.

scuba,

the larger rectangular flag will drag down the flag backwards when you run fast at the dunes, that makes a 9 foot pole a 6 footer. the idea of having a flag sticking up high it for safety, so people on the other side of the dune know you're there react accordingly before it's too late even they can't see your truck.

i don't know if a triangle flag will will help the flag sticking higher, but i HATE the never ending flapping noise these flags make at night when wind is blowing at pisom. most people setup their tents right by their vehicle, i'm worse, i sleep inside my 4Runner. it's just so annoying.

Scuba
02-19-2009, 01:17 PM
Gooooood Point. :bling:

slosurfer
02-19-2009, 02:06 PM
Tony, that sounds good and I completely understand. :thumbup:

Do you think just about any screenprinter would be able to do something like that? I may just head down to one of the local ones and see what's up.

2ndGen
02-19-2009, 05:56 PM
it couldn't be easier than that. try to find the flag material minimal stretch, double stitched edges, too.

slosurfer
02-19-2009, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the tips Tony. :thumbup:

stormtaco
02-19-2009, 08:06 PM
well got a tenitive due date of oct 14 so i will make it and i get my solid axle tomorrow :clap: no more ifs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DHC6twinotter
02-19-2009, 08:30 PM
well got a tenitive due date of oct 14 so i will make it and i get my solid axle tomorrow :clap: no more ifs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucky!

slosurfer
02-19-2009, 08:34 PM

Nice!!! YOu can air it out like that one dude two years ago. How's your wife doing? Awesome due date, right in between Pismo Jambo and SnT. :laugh: :thumbup:

By the way, does your 4runner still smell like gear oil? :laugh:

stormtaco
02-20-2009, 03:16 PM
no but it looks like i blew out a rear axle seal :D

slosurfer
02-20-2009, 05:20 PM
no but it looks like i blew out a rear axle seal :D

nice! When you replace it, check out the heavy duty ones that Marlin sells now. I used them when I did my elocker conversion just because I had it all apart. They are nice. :thumbup:

YotaFun
02-20-2009, 07:50 PM
I would so take a UY Flag.

In my rear bumper I will be building a mount to run a flag for when I hit the trails.
I do have that Lightforce flag, and I have to Toyota flag to fly so.

slosurfer
02-20-2009, 07:53 PM

In my rear......

Hehe

YotaFun
02-20-2009, 07:54 PM

In my rear......

oh thats just wrong, twisted and wrong

Hehe

slosurfer
02-20-2009, 07:57 PM
:P

boogyman
02-26-2009, 10:17 PM
I think Stacey and I will be able to make again it this year. We had a lot of stuff going on last year, so we couldn't make it, but I think we'll be there again this year :D Our golden retriever puppy will be joining us as well.. he's a big oaf now :-p

See you there
Russell

slosurfer
03-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Russell, you and Stacey better make it this year! :flipoff:

Hey it can be your one year anniversary get away. :thumbup:

stormtaco
03-16-2009, 07:53 PM
how about a 1" body lift for a first gen. :clap: i can make on e or two and i am going to dye the pucks with rit dye( old rc car trick ) and colors wanted

Scuba
03-24-2009, 08:18 PM
184 days bump... :camping:

:bling:

Scuba
03-25-2009, 11:21 AM
So what ever came about with those flags...?

Good Times
03-25-2009, 05:23 PM
Sorry got sidetracked but still looking into these. We're months out so I'm not in a hurry to get em ready :) (I should be though!) ha

slosurfer
03-25-2009, 07:39 PM
Sorry got sidetracked but still looking into these. We're months out so I'm not in a hurry to get em ready :) (I should be though!) ha

Yep, what he said! Actually I have still been looking, but haven't contacted any companies yet.

Scuba
03-25-2009, 10:42 PM
Ahh, Ok then, Just wondering really and/ trying to get some convo going...

err, dont worry, my hubs will work first time around this year :D

YotaFun
03-27-2009, 04:34 AM
looks like I am out for this, financially right now it's just not inthe cards, if things change in the summer then I will probably be all there.

Crinale
04-11-2009, 01:12 AM
You can add me in... Im always down to go to the dunes ^_^...

Kevin and Jessica, 91 4Runner.

Plus i think my friends dad does screen printing, so ill ask him how much it would cost to print some flags... What kind of numbers are we talking? like 50? 100?

slosurfer
04-11-2009, 08:20 AM
Kevin, hi! I'll get Lance to add you to the list if he hasn't already.

That's awesome about the screen printing, let me talk to Lance (goodtimes) and I'll get back to you.

reggie 00
04-12-2009, 10:41 AM
I'm still not sure if I'll be able to go.
I didn't get a whole lot of vacation days this year at the new job.

But i will at least be getting a shirt or two and I'll take a ultimateyota flag

DHC6twinotter
04-12-2009, 11:33 AM
I'm still shootin to go, but now that I have a job, I'll have to go through the whole asking off from work routine. This job may just be temporary anyways, so who knows what I'll be doing that time of year anyways. Airfare out there is so dirt cheap though, I'm going to try every thing I can to make it again. Woohoo!

wifesaysimadumbass
04-14-2009, 05:46 PM
i cant make this one guys, my wife will be having baby #5 a little girl!!!!

slosurfer
04-14-2009, 07:06 PM
DAmn you Mikey! Congrats man! Dude, it's number 5, do you really need to be there. :laugh:

Scuba
04-14-2009, 07:13 PM
Everyone's gettin knocked up..

Obi..
04-25-2009, 07:23 PM
Well, baby on the way or not it looks like we might actually be considering this year's event in light of this making our usual plans go out the window: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090425/ap_on_re_eu/un_un_mexico_swine_flu

No way we're going to Mexico this year at all now.

Crinale
04-27-2009, 12:32 PM
great... another animal virus thats jumped to humans... oh well, it will be awesome to meet you and your 2wd out there ;)

Crinale
05-03-2009, 11:37 PM
Hey, would you guys mind a few Honda CR-V's running around with us? I want to invite a few of my CR-V buddies (we have had a few pismo runs in our V's ;)) to come hang out with us

Seanz0rz
05-03-2009, 11:48 PM
haha course not! all are welcome. we might give you guys a hard time for bringing hondas instead of toyotas, but its all in good fun!

slosurfer
05-04-2009, 07:27 AM
Yeah Kevin, the more the merrier! :thumbup: If they join the raffle and win a pair of sliders, I want to see those suckers mounted on that CR-V. :laugh:

Crinale
05-04-2009, 10:55 AM
haha course not! all are welcome. we might give you guys a hard time for bringing hondas instead of toyotas, but its all in good fun!

well i will have both out there ;) ... and my friend's CR-V wishes it was a 4runner...
http://homepage.mac.com/osx2000/.Public/forumpics/gallery/painted5.jpg

slosurfer
05-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Nice! I'll probably have my van and 4runner out there. :thumbup:

Scuba
05-04-2009, 11:36 PM
Guess you havent seen the pics of the chebby that was out there with em a few years back

Crinale
05-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Guess you havent seen the pics of the chebby that was out there with em a few years back

:headscratch: :headscratch: out there with who?

Seanz0rz
05-05-2009, 01:36 PM
couple of years ago mike (4x4mike, at least i think thats his screen name, haha!) came out with his chevy pickup. hes an awesome guy and went and bought a 4runner, but he was always welcome with the chevy.

hell my friend brings his ranger down every year. sure we give him a hard time about owning a ford, but nothing more than a few minutes and then we get back to talking about toyotas!

Scuba
05-05-2009, 03:10 PM
haha speaking of seans friends ranger, it makes its appearance behind tofer...

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/Sycosurfer150/DSC01288.jpg

Crinale
05-05-2009, 11:05 PM
haha... nice... i want this trip to be sooner... lol. i usually dont plan anything more than a month in advance... usually not more than a week, cuz i dont want to have to wait :-P

Scuba
05-06-2009, 07:58 AM
Dude last year I was soooo stoked, It was all I could think about for the month coming up..
I couldnt sleep the night before the morning I left for Pismo..

Crinale
05-07-2009, 09:35 PM
haha... the dunes arent that exciting to me usually, since i go at least once per week... but the meet is gonna be a lot of fun ;)

Seanz0rz
05-07-2009, 10:42 PM
i hate sand, i hate the beach. im such a miserable person to be with at the beach. i come to see everyone, well, almost everyone! this year ill be hangin alot more in the hammock.

Scuba
05-07-2009, 10:54 PM
Love the beach hate the sand, Camping on the beach is the best part..

havik
05-08-2009, 04:42 PM
yall know the Havik fam will be there. i am not sure how many days we will get to go but this is one of the events i look forward to all year.
if its cool with Cabbage i call first run it the racetaco.
lets all "pray" for low wind
cant wait

Crinale
05-08-2009, 08:25 PM
haha... as long as the race taco is running... not sure how his racing is goin lately, as i havent talked to milton in a long time...

slosurfer
05-08-2009, 09:09 PM
I talked to him right before Easter weekend, they were on their way out to the desert to test the truck's new suspension. It's 2wd now with a 2wd tranny and everything! I haven't talked to him after that though to see how it went. I'm sure they were able to find something to break on it. ;)

Crinale
05-10-2009, 01:14 AM
probably... did they build a longer travel suspension or something? thats the only reason i could see for going 2wd... although 2wd trophy trucks are bad ass ;)

slosurfer
05-10-2009, 07:28 AM
Yeah, I think they decided that the added travel was better than having 4wd.

Scuba
05-10-2009, 10:07 AM
The race taco is that red one correct ??!

slosurfer
05-10-2009, 10:46 AM
yeah scuba, the red one :thumbup:

Scuba
05-10-2009, 11:13 AM
Ahhh, Thats a sweet truck..

L33T35T Tacoma
05-10-2009, 07:16 PM
ya. at 85 mph you dont need 4wd

Scuba
05-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Lolz ^^

Crinale
05-10-2009, 11:31 PM
ya. at 85 mph you dont need 4wd

just more stuff to break ;)

Tofer
05-11-2009, 12:11 AM
i'll mark the calendar.... i had so much fun at the last run i may just have to do it again.... this time with the runner AND the quad.

Scuba
05-11-2009, 12:18 AM
this time with the runner AND the quad.

Thats more like it

slosurfer
05-11-2009, 06:19 PM
i'll mark the calendar.... i had so much fun at the last run i may just have to do it again.... this time with the runner AND the quad.

:thumbup: Nice!! :D

DHC6twinotter
06-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Bump...so any new updates or anything?

I'm looking forward to this. :D

Scuba
06-10-2009, 11:07 PM
I guess not..?

idk..Im excited too, cant wait for some chowder :)

Good Times
06-10-2009, 11:36 PM
September is so far away I'm surprised all of ya are already getting excited! We've been having conference calls over the last few months going over the logistics on the event but we don't have any significant updates to publish at the moment. We'll be getting together next weekend to finalize logistical hurdles so we'll try to get some additional information in a few weeks.

Thanks!

slosurfer
06-11-2009, 07:57 AM
Dan, you must have ESP or something, Lance and I were on the phone talking about Pismo and were actually talking about whether or not you were coming to it, when you posted this. :laugh: Weird

Anyways, like Lance said, we've been talking about it and we are meeting next weekend to go over a bunch of stuff, so updates should be coming soon. :thumbup:

Does anyone have a portable movie screen they want to bring? We've got the projector covered and will probably be able to jerry rig up a decent screen, but if anyone has a good portable one that might be even better? We're working on something special that will be pretty cool if we can swing it, also, maybe we could have offroading videos playing on it at night. :thumbup:

L33T35T Tacoma
06-11-2009, 10:00 AM
We have an inflatable movie screen at Sam's Club.

Check it out..... If need be I can pick one up and return it later.

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=427158

Scuba
06-11-2009, 10:33 AM
Will they take a return with 12lbs of sand inside of it..?

DHC6twinotter
06-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Dan, you must have ESP or something, Lance and I were on the phone talking about Pismo and were actually talking about whether or not you were coming to it, when you posted this. :laugh: Weird

I'm special. :hillbill:

Does anyone have a portable movie screen they want to bring? We've got the projector covered and will probably be able to jerry rig up a decent screen, but if anyone has a good portable one that might be even better? We're working on something special that will be pretty cool if we can swing it, also, maybe we could have offroading videos playing on it at night. :thumbup:

They did a photo montage back at SE4RJ3. It turned out great and gave everybody a chance to show their pics. Some of it was pretty funny. :D

L33T35T Tacoma
06-11-2009, 11:33 PM
Will they take a return with 12lbs of sand inside of it..?

Of course! Our return policy - "100% satisfaction"

its a 72", might work well. What are you planning for the sound system? find somebody with the best stereo and park it next to the screen? lol

slosurfer
06-13-2009, 08:12 PM
...a montage...montage... :laugh:

Hadn't thought about a sound system yet. :D That screen looks pretty good, we may just use the side of a trailer or rv and pull a white bedsheet tight across it. We're still working on it. ;)

stormtaco
06-13-2009, 09:26 PM
i was thinking of building a couple of things for this years raffle, 1 inch delrine body lift, couple of knobs, any takers? and chris i will bring you one of my second gen knobs no more cold knob in the morning, delrine rocks :laugh:

slosurfer
06-14-2009, 04:33 PM
i was thinking of building a couple of things for this years raffle, 1 inch delrine body lift, couple of knobs, any takers? and chris i will bring you one of my second gen knobs no more cold knob in the morning, delrine rocks :laugh:

James you rock!!! :thumbup: I'll shoot you a PM How does that delrine do with heat? My stormtaco knob was pretty toasty today, took a few shifts and using my hand as a heatsink before I could keep my hand on there. :laugh: I love that shifter though! :thumbup:

DHC6twinotter
06-24-2009, 09:02 PM
I got the ok for time off from work, so I'm shooting to be there on the 23rd. Still working out logistics, but I found a great deal on airfare.

Only thing that may keep me from going would be if I land a local GIS job that I just interviewed for.

slosurfer
06-24-2009, 10:01 PM
I got the ok for time off from work, so I'm shooting to be there on the 23rd. Still working out logistics, but I found a great deal on airfare.

Only thing that may keep me from going would be if I land a local GIS job that I just interviewed for.

Sweet! :thumbup:

troyboy162
06-25-2009, 12:03 PM
too late for pre-orders of the clam chowder? pretty certain were gonna make this one

Good Times
06-25-2009, 12:17 PM
too late? it's only June! we're not taking orders yet but if you want we can definitely take names now :P

We'll be updating the pismojam website with purchasing info on food/gear soon

slosurfer
06-26-2009, 06:08 PM
We've got another 5 at least to add to the attendee list, so the list is growing! Looks like it is going to be another epic year. :thumbup:

2ndGen
06-26-2009, 11:17 PM
My stormtaco knob was pretty toasty today, took a few shifts and using my hand as a heatsink before I could keep my hand on there. :laugh: I love that shifter though! :thumbup:

at least you have an option not to put your hand on the knob. try getting in a hot car with leather seats, in your shorts. that's why my refuse to buy leather seated cars since 1998.

slosurfer
06-27-2009, 07:21 AM
My stormtaco knob was pretty toasty today, took a few shifts and using my hand as a heatsink before I could keep my hand on there. :laugh: I love that shifter though! :thumbup:

at least you have an option not to put your hand on the knob. try getting in a hot car with leather seats, in your shorts. that's why my refuse to buy leather seated cars since 1998.

:laugh: I know what you're talking about. My first car was a late 80's dark blue chrysler 5th ave with dark blue leather seats and I went to school in an area that was routinely hitting 100*. That and then my mazda b2300 that I used to have had a vynil bench seat. Both of those sucked in the heat and the mazda didn't have AC either. :laugh:

troyboy162
06-27-2009, 12:52 PM
too late? it's only June! we're not taking orders yet but if you want we can definitely take names now :P

great! i heard it was awesome last year

slosurfer
06-27-2009, 12:59 PM

great! i heard it was awesome last year

Sweet! We'll (Lance) will get you added to the list on the website. :thumbup:

Scuba
06-27-2009, 06:47 PM
Troy you wanna have a drag through the dunes ?

stormtaco
07-01-2009, 09:04 PM

hey arent you the guy that got all scared last time on the night run :rofl: just kiddin cant wait for this trip though, and chris dont worry about the nor cal ttora guys, we will have fun in the dunes while they do the work

slosurfer
07-01-2009, 10:04 PM
hey arent you the guy that got all scared last time on the night run :rofl: just kiddin cant wait for this trip though, and chris dont worry about the nor cal ttora guys, we will have fun in the dunes while they do the work

:laugh: This year's night run should be epic with lots of vehicles and I want to get a group pic with everyone's lights on from a distance.

I'm not worried about those guys. :D

troyboy162
07-02-2009, 04:25 AM

haha not in my old beater. she never sees full throttle. too many fords from my past have me scared lol. but you will have to teach this yankee how to ride in the dunes without getting stuck.

L33T35T Tacoma
07-02-2009, 08:01 PM
I dont do night runs

Noooo way Jose. It can get hairy enough during the day.

YotaFun
07-02-2009, 08:12 PM
Night runs are awesome, except when you have to be the hero to a F350 crewcab long bed....

Granted Toyota's came to the rescue, it was still tough and freakin freezing!

slosurfer
07-02-2009, 08:14 PM
I dont do night runs

Noooo way Jose. It can get hairy enough during the day.

Just follow someone with some bling bling lights and you'll be fine. :D

Good Times
07-02-2009, 08:44 PM
chris you saying if you saw someone jump off the cliff you'd follow that person? :P

haha

slosurfer
07-02-2009, 08:59 PM
:lol: No, but I'd know to stop if those lights in front of me just "dissapeared". :laugh:

Speaking of which, one of the last night runs I was on with a bunch of tacomas, I was leading them around and we were going pretty fast. Well obviously the tacomas were faster and one of them (he had some bright lights too) he kept passing me up and stuff. Well one of the times he passed me and went straight towards a dune that you are supposed to go AROUND, before I could reach my cb he went off the backside of it. Had a pretty hard landing but only bent some stuff that was easy to bend back the next day. Point of the story.... if you're going to go fast out there, know where you're going, or follow someone who does. :laugh:

Seanz0rz
07-08-2009, 02:13 PM
ill be there, with the trailer and the girl in tow.

hopefully ill have enough forward and side lights to do a night run!!!

Good Times
07-08-2009, 02:47 PM
sean, you bringing your ranger friend too?

Seanz0rz
07-08-2009, 02:52 PM
i just asked him: "ya probably"

id say that is a yes. lol.

he might be +1 if he can talk the g/f into going and she can get the time off.

im working on a design for a hammock stand and shade. i plan on enjoying the down time more and driving around more this year. not sure what time ill be getting up there though. hopefully i can take friday off!

X-Tool Pimp
07-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Who do I blame for picking the date :argue: ????? I wanted to go this year but its the same date as the VV4W Fun in the Desert
http://www.victorvalley4wheelers.com/fitd/overview/

slosurfer
07-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Ummm... yeah... OOPS! Sorry about that! We found out after we had picked out the date. Stupid thing is, I looked all over the intardnet to see what was going on that weekend and no one had anything going on and since VVW hadn't updated their website for this year's date, it didn't pop up when I was searching those dates. We have a very short window to fit this in between the end of summer and Surf N Turf at the beginning of Nov. We can't be too close to SnT and also the offroad expo and sema are right in there as well. In fact the offroad expo was moved to the weekend that we normally do pismo, so that messed us up.

Not to worry though, you should come to SnT in november. There are quite a few of us who go to both the pismo jambo and SnT.

DHC6twinotter
07-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Woot! Just got a smokin deal on a ticket! I get to fly on a fairly rare Boeing 777-200LR too! :hillbill:

I'm looking forward to seeing everybody again! This is going to be sweeet.

:best:

Good Times
07-08-2009, 08:24 PM
awesome! if you recall that pm you sent me; I'll save you a spot :)

Scuba
07-09-2009, 10:08 AM
Nice dan !! Will the 4Runner fit in Cargo ?

DHC6twinotter
07-09-2009, 04:36 PM
Nice dan !! Will the 4Runner fit in Cargo ?

haha...I wish. Maybe one of these days I'll drive out to Pismo. :D

Tofer
07-11-2009, 09:46 PM
the night run last year was alot of fun.... crazyness in the sand to say the least.

slosurfer
07-15-2009, 08:38 AM
Tofer, really hope you can make this one again! :thumbup:

We are at over 50rigs signed up now!! :clap:

DHC6twinotter
07-15-2009, 09:10 AM

Is there a list of who's going posted anywhere?

Good Times
07-15-2009, 09:26 AM
attendee list --> Click me! (http://www.pismojamboree.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=35&Itemid=46)

boogyman
07-15-2009, 05:38 PM
Tofer, really hope you can make this one again! :thumbup:

I got our reservations for pismo last week :D

I also got some new tires (KM2s), rebuilt my racerunners, replaced the upper ball joint boots.. gonna replace the lower joints, tie rod bushings and sway bar bushings too here in the next week or 2. It'll be all ready to go for some wheelin.

boogyman
07-15-2009, 05:41 PM
Oh yea.. here's the poser pic..

slosurfer
07-15-2009, 05:55 PM
Oh yea.. here's the poser pic..

Nice! :thumbup: When was the last time that thing saw some dirt? :flipoff:

boogyman
07-15-2009, 06:04 PM
Nice! :thumbup: When was the last time that thing saw some dirt? :flipoff:

hahaha.. too long ago.

DHC6twinotter
07-16-2009, 07:14 PM
attendee list --> Click me! (http://www.pismojamboree.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=35&Itemid=46)

Sweet! 50 is a pretty good number, especially this far in advance.

How many people did we have signed up last year?

Keith and Avy, are you guys going to make it this year?

YotaFun
07-16-2009, 07:23 PM
I wish Dan.
Money is so tight right now that it has my head spinning.
I could go on but this isn't the Avy Whine Thread so.

Now if I hit the lotto LOL!
Have fun guys!

Maybe 2010 I can make it out there!

DHC6twinotter
07-16-2009, 07:30 PM
Well that's a bummer.

slosurfer
07-20-2009, 07:34 AM
Just a quick poll, who is pretty sure that they will be getting clam chowder this year? :drool:

If so, do you want a bread bowl?

This isn't anything official, I'm just trying to get a general idea of the numbers.

DHC6twinotter
07-20-2009, 07:47 AM
I'd like a clam chowder with a bread bowl.

Those are fantastic! :D

boogyman
07-20-2009, 08:35 AM
Yup.. clam chowder w/ bowl x2

Scuba
07-20-2009, 09:22 AM
2Breadbowls.

L33T35T Tacoma
07-20-2009, 07:47 PM
1, maybe 2 if I have a companion

Seanz0rz
07-20-2009, 09:57 PM
1, maybe as many as 4 or 5. Not sure who's all going, but I know it's myself and the g/f, maybe my cuz, and possibly my friend and his girl.

troyboy162
07-21-2009, 04:29 AM
one bread bowl clam chowder for me please. my lady dosnt like clam chowder cause shes unamerican hahah

Scuba
07-21-2009, 08:41 AM
Troy are you back yet ?

L33T35T Tacoma
07-21-2009, 10:13 AM
Troy tell her to get a chili in a bread bowl. its the shiznit!! They should be able to pick up a couple bowls of chili too. its amazing!!!

troyboy162
07-22-2009, 02:33 AM
Troy are you back yet ?

i think ill be back in time for the big bear run, but im still suckin sand right now

Troy tell her to get a chili in a bread bowl. its the shiznit!! They should be able to pick up a couple bowls of chili too. its amazing!!!

yea she would be down with that! thanks!

Scuba
07-22-2009, 10:41 AM
Im not makin BB :(

Good Times
07-22-2009, 10:55 AM
scuba.... wrong thread dork

DEATHRUNNER
07-22-2009, 01:05 PM
This sounds fun. I've wanted to go for years now. Maybe this is my year.

Seanz0rz
07-22-2009, 02:21 PM
haha, we'd love to have ya seth!!!

went looking for a hammock today and cant find the one i want :( off to the internets it is!

slosurfer
07-22-2009, 06:25 PM
Deathrunner at pismo? Christmas is arriving early this year! :thumbup:

slosurfer
07-22-2009, 06:28 PM

yea she would be down with that! thanks!

Troy just make sure to talk to me (or whomever is going with me to get the chowder) at the event before I leave to get the chowder and we'll see about getting some chili for her. :thumbup: That is really unamerican of her though to not want clam chowder. I know people who don't like clam chowder or soup in general and they like Splash Cafe clam chowder. :D

Seanz0rz
07-22-2009, 06:29 PM
i HATE clam chowder!!! but i LOVE splash chowder!

slosurfer
07-22-2009, 06:31 PM
.... i LOVE splash chowder!

:lol: That just sounds wrong! :laugh:

YotaGirl
07-22-2009, 06:32 PM
I don't like clam chowder (from Splash or anywhere else), but the chili in a bread bowl from Splash Cafe is fantastic! Troy, she won't be disappointed. :D

Seanz0rz
07-22-2009, 06:45 PM
.... i LOVE splash chowder!

:lol: That just sounds wrong! :laugh:

why do you think I wrote it that way?! Hahahahahah

slosurfer
07-22-2009, 07:19 PM
I don't like clam chowder (from Splash or anywhere else), but the chili in a bread bowl from Splash Cafe is fantastic! Troy, she won't be disappointed. :D

Jen, going to miss you this year. :(

YotaGirl
07-22-2009, 07:37 PM
I know, I'm going to miss all of you, too. :(

DHC6twinotter
07-22-2009, 08:56 PM
I know people who don't like clam chowder or soup in general and they like Splash Cafe clam chowder. :D

Yup, I'm one of those people.

Good Times
07-22-2009, 09:14 PM
jenn, skip the other event and join us at the beach! you know you want to be here with us :P

troyboy162
07-23-2009, 03:47 AM
Troy just make sure to talk to me (or whomever is going with me to get the chowder) at the event before I leave to get the chowder and we'll see about getting some chili for her. :thumbup: That is really unamerican of her though to not want clam chowder. I know people who don't like clam chowder or soup in general and they like Splash Cafe clam chowder. :D

great! i will do that. in the mean time ill give her the heads up on the powers of this stuff to change peoples taste. although i wont refer to it as "splash chowder" to her for fear of being slapped lol

Jen it sure does stink that fun in the desert is on the same weekend. i would have loved to catch that one too. i wish you guys were gonna be there... not to mention J&J's fab shop would probably make a killing stitching stuff back together after the night runs i keep hearing about.

paddlenbike
07-23-2009, 12:48 PM
I will try and make this. Because I will still be in rehabilitation for my recent fall off a cliff I may not be able to drive my manual trans 4Runner. So, any opinions on how my auto-trans loner-car might do on the dunes? It's a 1973 Plymouth Satellite Sebring with 72,000 original miles, a 340 hp V8 (rated at that but my 4Runner is quicker) and 1-wheel drive.

http://home.off-road.com/~kemanuel/cotw/Satellite_Sebring2.jpg

Looking at that pic (and laughing), the approach and departure angles look sub-optimal.

Scuba
07-23-2009, 01:08 PM
We can throw a LSD in that thing and see how it does out there...

azyota00
07-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Can anyone tell me about the "Fun in the Desert" event? :thumbup:

YotaGirl
07-23-2009, 02:40 PM

Fun in the Desert is put on by the Victor Valley 4Wheelers. It is held at the Hammers every year on the last weekend in September (Sept 25-27). PM me your mailing address and I'll mail out a registration form to you. I think I'm leading the Aftershock trail this year. :)

For more info visit:
www.victorvalley4wheelers.com

slosurfer
07-23-2009, 05:08 PM
http://home.off-road.com/~kemanuel/cotw/Satellite_Sebring2.jpg

Looking at that pic (and laughing), the approach and departure angles look sub-optimal.

Meh, they are right on par with what I'm working with for the van. :laugh: Whoever is lending you that must be very brave and must not have read what you want to do to a vehicle similar to that. :laugh:

paddlenbike
07-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Whoever is lending you that must be very brave and must not have read what you want to do to a vehicle similar to that. :laugh:

shhhh! :)

azyota00
07-24-2009, 10:16 AM

Fun in the Desert is put on by the Victor Valley 4Wheelers. It is held at the Hammers every year on the last weekend in September (Sept 25-27). PM me your mailing address and I'll mail out a registration form to you. I think I'm leading the Aftershock trail this year. :)

For more info visit:

You guys are a tough bunch, I've seen photos of some of the trails you run. Don't think my stock 2000 yota is capable. Maybe after my upgrades are completed. thanks :shake:

YotaGirl
07-24-2009, 10:31 AM

For more info visit:

You guys are a tough bunch, I've seen photos of some of the trails you run. Don't think my stock 2000 yota is capable. Maybe after my upgrades are completed. thanks :shake:

You are welcome to come out and ride along. I have an open seat!

azyota00
07-24-2009, 03:49 PM

For more info visit:

Very kind of you to offer, but not sure it will happen this year. :thumbup:

DHC6twinotter
07-24-2009, 04:09 PM
2 more months...wooohoo!

slosurfer
07-24-2009, 05:04 PM

For more info visit:

Very kind of you to offer, but not sure it will happen this year. :thumbup:

If you don't take Jen up on her offer, I know just that place that a stock 2000 runner will be tons of fun to drive. ;) PISMO!!! :) Come on out, you won't be dissapointed.

azyota00
07-27-2009, 02:18 PM
Pismo is so awesome, I used to take my 73-land rover and quads there at least 3 times a year. now i'm 8+ hrs away but i'm still considering going. :roll:

boogyman
07-27-2009, 02:20 PM
Pismo is so awesome, I used to take my 73-land rover and quads there at least 3 times a year. now i'm 8+ hrs away but i'm still considering going. :roll:

do it. i'm 6 hours away and i'm going...

slosurfer
07-27-2009, 02:47 PM

:thumbup: Dan's like 3days away and he's flying in for it! :thumbup: Tofer is still a maybe and he came down from Washington last year. :thumbup: Any pics of the 73 Land Rover? Those are awesome!

DHC6twinotter
07-27-2009, 04:40 PM
Yep, I'm flying in from NC. It's worth a trip out there. :D

Wasn't there somebody from AZ last year?

L33T35T Tacoma
07-27-2009, 08:37 PM
So L33T35T 4Runner will have a new ride at Pismo this year. I will reveal it there. All I'm saying is it has a locker :)

Seanz0rz
07-27-2009, 08:48 PM
well that really narrows it down.... is the locker factory at least?

L33T35T Tacoma
07-27-2009, 09:11 PM
Yup. It's a surprise, so deal with it! LOL. Just wait till I roll up in the beast :D

slosurfer
07-27-2009, 10:08 PM
Let me guess, it's a Supra with factory LSD! :thumbup:

L33T35T Tacoma
07-27-2009, 10:12 PM
OK OK. It's a lifted Corolla AWD with a SAS front and rear :flipoff:

troyboy162
07-28-2009, 03:07 AM
So L33T35T 4Runner will have a new ride at Pismo this year. I will reveal it there. All I'm saying is it has a locker :)

it better not be "locker" as in storage for your PT uniform and shoes lol. has your dual pump set up been swaped into it yet? that was pretty snazzy

Scuba
07-28-2009, 08:55 AM
Yeah Jason pissed me off with the, Its silver and has a locker... Like uhh.. 3Rd gen 4runner limited or TRD Taco..

I guess we will just wait and see..

boogyman
07-28-2009, 09:06 AM
it better not be "locker" as in storage for your PT uniform and shoes lol. has your dual pump set up been swaped into it yet? that was pretty snazzy

Silver and locker... slap some wheels on this baby and you got a dune buggy :D ..it even comes in different models.

Good Times
07-28-2009, 09:29 AM
If you guys don't want to beach camp in tents and are looking at other accommodations, Luv2Camp still has several RV's available for rental. For more information on their services, please visit them here! (http://www.luv2camp.com).

Both 26' and 31' rv's are available. Latest is that they have 10 total. Not bad but they sell like hot cakes so if you haven't rsvp'd em you better do it now :)

L33T35T Tacoma
07-28-2009, 09:32 AM
Workin on all my goodies... But it may not happen in time for pismo. We'll see

Good Times
07-28-2009, 09:33 AM
Jason does this mean that you sold the old white 4runner?

azyota00
07-28-2009, 03:23 PM

:thumbup: Dan's like 3days away and he's flying in for it! :thumbup: Tofer is still a maybe and he came down from Washington last year. :thumbup: Any pics of the 73 Land Rover? Those are awesome!

see photo above

Good Times
07-28-2009, 04:27 PM
nice LR!!! :)

slosurfer
07-28-2009, 06:49 PM
Sweet LR!!! I love that pic of it, the kids, and the little quad at the dunes! :thumbup:

L33T35T Tacoma
07-28-2009, 11:04 PM
Jason does this mean that you sold the old white 4runner?

Nope, I still have it, but its definitely for sale!!

xonetruthcrewx
07-30-2009, 05:05 PM
You guys mind if a Titan comes out? :asshat:

Good Times
07-30-2009, 05:06 PM
bring em all! :)

xonetruthcrewx
07-30-2009, 05:39 PM
Then count me in. The Wife and Daughter too. And maybe some dogs. :clap:

Good Times
07-30-2009, 05:41 PM
hold on a sec, you gotta titan? what happened to the audi?

xonetruthcrewx
07-30-2009, 05:57 PM
It was a VW I had. An 05 GLI. It was cool, I do miss it at times, but it just came down to the fact that I had to have a 4x4. It snows where I live, and I have dirt roads to work. And having a truck really comes in handy. The GLI only lasted 7 months. Haha.

Scuba
07-30-2009, 06:58 PM
Chris.

Katie is coming and will be riding with me

2 BreadBowls.

Thanks Buddy !!

L33T35T Tacoma
07-30-2009, 09:27 PM
tell her to bring the heap, i mean jeep!

Scuba
07-30-2009, 09:50 PM
Cant, it needs its rest for a long drive to west virgina..

L33T35T Tacoma
07-30-2009, 10:34 PM
she moving there?

Scuba
07-30-2009, 10:44 PM
Yyyyyyep

DHC6twinotter
08-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Do we have T-shirts again this year? If so, are there any ideas of what they may look like? :hillbill:

4x4mike
08-04-2009, 08:45 PM
hold on a sec, you gotta titan? what happened to the audi?

Clicky and read half way through the posts. (http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=7516.msg68472#msg68472)

slosurfer
08-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Do we have T-shirts again this year? If so, are there any ideas of what they may look like? :hillbill:

Yes and Yes :flipoff:

DHC6twinotter
08-05-2009, 06:40 AM
booooooo.

L33T35T Tacoma
08-05-2009, 12:41 PM
alright, I guess I'll let the cat out of the bag...

My new truck is an 03 Tacoma, 4x4 TRD suspension, rear locker, and... well I just installed these... turn the volume up ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6-VZBeFU5w

Good Times
08-05-2009, 12:55 PM
nice rig! so whatcha gonna do with the 1st gen?

L33T35T Tacoma
08-05-2009, 12:57 PM
IT'S FOR SALE!!! so is the second gen

boogyman
08-05-2009, 01:13 PM
nice lookin truck :-)

slosurfer
08-08-2009, 08:43 AM
Just some updates:

1. Check out the current Attendee List (http://www.pismojamboree.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=35&Itemid=46)

2. Check out our growing list of sponsors and raffle prizes. (http://www.pismojamboree.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=4&Itemid=18)

3. The tshirts and sticker designs are done and should be up on the website soon along with the clam chowder/bread bowls and the shopping cart so you can pay for it all. I'll post up when we get that up. We're just waiting for final pricing on the shirts and the chowder.

slosurfer
08-08-2009, 08:46 AM
For those too lazy to click, here's the list of sponsors so far. Some prizes are still TBD

Sponsoring Vendors

Benchmade (http://www.benchmade.com/)
Brunton (http://brunton.com/) - 50% off Gift Card
Demello Offroad (http://www.demello-offroad.com/catalog/)
Just Differentials (http://www.justdifferentials.com) - Tshirt and Hat
Lightforce (http://www.lightforceusa.com/)
Northridge Toyota Parts (http://www.northridgetoyota.com/) - Event Goodie Bags
Realm of Creativity - Brand and Design Consulting, hosting solutions
Revenge Fab (http://www.revenge-fab.com) - Five $100 Gift Certificates
San Diego Off Road Innovations LLC (http://www.sdori.com) - 1 set of ball joint spacers, 2 sets of coil spacers, and 2 sets of bronze idler bushings
Splash Cafe (http://www.splashcafe.com) - Chowder and Bread Bowls
Stubbs Welding (http://www.stubbswelding.com) - $200.00 Gift Certificate
Toytec Lifts (http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php) - $100.00 Gift Card, Tee Shirts, Hats, catalogs and pens
Total Chaos Fabrications (http://www.chaosfab.com/)
UltimateYota LLC (http://www.ultimateyota.com) - UltimateYota Gear
Wabfab Offroad (http://wabfab.org/) - Slider Adapter Gift Certificate

Also, stormtaco, will be making/donating Delrin shift knob and 1" body lift.

Thanks so much to all of these businesses/individuals! :thumbup:

boogyman
08-08-2009, 12:17 PM
wow. That's a lot of sponsors. Thanks for gettin it all together Chris.