PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use skype?

Robinhood4x4
04-06-2007, 09:43 AM
Not just the free version computer to computer, but the pay version using a normal looking phone. $5.60 per month flat fee for incoming and outgoing calls sounds pretty enticing.

www.skype.com

MTL_4runner
04-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Not sure which Skype service you're talking about in particular.

I use SkypeOut all the time to call the US (computer to LAN phone) and it's not too bad (I can call most of North America for $0.02 per minute) as long as you have a very high speed connection on your end. I've considered trying Vonage to replace my LAN phone at home, but I'd guess that it was very similar.

Albuquerque Jim
04-06-2007, 12:18 PM
I use Skype Out for calls to the US when I travel abroad. It is very cheap and reliable, no complaints.

I also use Skype for an association phone number since we don't have a real office or employees. This way people can leave a message and anyone on our board can get the message and return the call.

garrett
04-06-2007, 04:00 PM
Me and some guys used the free trial to prank people.... worked great :gay: :flipoff:

tack427
04-07-2007, 07:55 PM
I use skype everday to call home since i've been deployed .02 a min is great and skype to skype is even better. only complant my army buddys and i have is when most people are back on base it lags alittle.

Good Times
05-10-2007, 11:39 PM
Steve, did you end up using Skype? Just wondering since I just purchased the one year deal for in/out :) we'll find out how well this service works. (doh!)

Bob98SR5
05-11-2007, 01:44 AM
i use skype to skype (free) and skype out to call clients and friends in asia all the time. everyonce in awhile, i have a bad connection and just need to call again. that happens w/ regular wireline too, so whats the big deal anyways? :) go for it, steve. just buy $10 credit and it will go a loooong way

MTL_4runner
05-11-2007, 05:45 AM
i use skype to skype (free) and skype out to call clients and friends in asia all the time. everyonce in awhile, i have a bad connection and just need to call again. that happens w/ regular wireline too, so whats the big deal anyways? :) go for it, steve. just buy $10 credit and it will go a loooong way

This is exactly what I do.
Same thing, if you get a bad connection, just hang up and call again, works great and super cheap.

kmcc78240
05-11-2007, 06:57 AM
I use free scype as well to talk to my buddy when he is over seas. He will call me on my cell phone then I will log on and we talk for free

Robinhood4x4
05-11-2007, 06:36 PM
No, I haven't done it but I will be soon, probably this weekend.

Does anybody know if I can use any VOIP phone with skype or does it have to be from skype?

Robinhood4x4
05-13-2007, 08:44 PM
Well back to square one. Skype doesn't have phone numbers in my area code. :chair:

Swissdrums
05-15-2007, 05:03 PM
My sister lives in london, so it is much cheaper then callin...

Good Times
05-15-2007, 10:36 PM
Update:

Been using SkypeIn and SkypeOut Unlimited and man it's awesome! I have the forward setup to go to my cell when I'm not online so I never miss my calls :) So far the connection on all of my calls has been crystal clear (heck of a lot better than using my cell to do business!).

oly884
05-22-2007, 06:10 AM
After my blackberry died big on Sunday and they told me that it's covered under warranty but won't get it till Wednesday night, I decided to give it a try. I love it, easy and cheap!

Oh, and I lost everything on the phone, including contacts. Back up your contacts regularly!