PDA

View Full Version : My first complaint of Arizona

Robinhood4x4
04-06-2007, 06:48 PM
There's a lot of static electricity here. The wife and I are always getting shocked from just brushing up against each other, touching the dogs, or getting out of a car.

Yesterday I got shocked from touching some tortillas I had cooking. Today my spaghetti shocked me.

Cebby
04-06-2007, 06:56 PM
One word: Humidifier (at least that will help at home...)

Bob98SR5
04-06-2007, 10:46 PM
http://home.maine.rr.com/mattyg/wambulance.jpg :hillbill: :hillbill: :hillbill: :tongueout: :tongueout:

96 Runner
04-06-2007, 10:52 PM
Why do the cops need tazers here anyway? :)

Just wait till you get a bark scorpion in your house, black widow spiders around your block wall, and a rattlesnake in your garage. ;) The static problem will seem like nothing.

(I had to torch a bark scorpion with WD40 just last week) Ahh the joys of AZ...

MTL_4runner
04-07-2007, 05:28 AM
(I had to torch a bark scorpion with WD40 just last week) Ahh the joys of AZ...

I had one of those buggers climb up on my thigh while I was sitting on a rock taking a break while mountain biking near McDowell Mtns. I jumped up and ran around screaming like a little school girl with her hair on fire. :spit:

After a while you just learn to touch everything with the back of your hand or knuckles like you have some sort of OCD. That way it doesn't hurt as bad. I used to do that every time I got in and out of the car.

fustercluck
04-07-2007, 06:42 AM
When I moved here I noticed how every plant or animal indigenous to this area seemed to be either painful, poisonous, inhospitable, angry, bellicose or aggressive.....

for the record, I've been riding the waaaaaaambulance ever since my arrival in the valley :D

sschaefer3
04-07-2007, 07:16 AM
I think you'll be "shocked" by how hot it gets. Just think of it this way. June-July-Aug in Arizona is like Dec-Jan-Feb in Colorado, sucks.

Tempe also has a lot less static electricity due to the proximity to ASU and all of the younger students there. All the beer taps constantly flowing and general fluids flowing keep the town "moist".

Another funny thing is that a house built in 1958 and 1500 SQ FT will run you more money in T-Town than a new house twice that size out in convented cow pastures. Hippys gotta have some money to live in party town.

neliconcept
04-07-2007, 07:25 AM
lol at the ASU comment.

come out here, where you have swamp @$$ 300 days out of the year.

you wont complain anymore :)

surf4runner
04-11-2007, 01:22 PM
I think you'll be "shocked" by how hot it gets.
this was my first complaint about the 'zon too, it didnt stop there...
my second was when the upped the drinking age from 19 :flipoff:

tacoclimber
04-11-2007, 03:07 PM
You just gotta be tough to live in the "'Zon". :D

Over here in Bullhead, we gotta deal not only with the insane heat, angry insects and pointy plants, but also the summer SoCAL "my truck and boat are bigger than yours" crew... :chair: :laugh:

slosurfer
04-11-2007, 08:09 PM
You just gotta be tough to live in the "'Zon". :D

Over here in Bullhead, we gotta deal not only with the insane heat, angry insects and pointy plants, but also the summer SoCAL "my truck and boat are bigger than yours" crew... :chair: :laugh:

:lol: You should see Pismo Dunes on 4th of July! Everyone from the valley, "MY truck and trailer are bigger than yours!" NOthing like seeing a Ford Superduty with 12" of lift hauling a trailer the size of my house, back end sitting on its bumpstops and doesn't pull over to air down till it's buried up to the axles.

Texas Jim
04-12-2007, 01:18 AM
what no iguanas trying to spread Somalia? I thought the smaller the scorpion and lighter the color the worseit's bit. also you could start pissing on everything...that would keep the static down temperately.. TJ

MTL_4runner
04-12-2007, 07:16 AM
what no iguanas trying to spread Somalia?

Ok TJ, no more drinking before 10 AM. :laugh:

Somalia = country
Salmonella = bacteria

tacoclimber
04-12-2007, 09:48 AM
what no iguanas trying to spread Somalia?

Ok TJ, no more drinking before 10 AM. :laugh:

Somalia = country
Salmonella = bacteria

:lol: :lol: :rofl: Oh man, that cracked me up!!!!

surf4runner
04-12-2007, 12:16 PM
:funny: its spelled correctly :hillbill:

jrallan26
04-12-2007, 02:33 PM
I also have a complaint about Arizona, my ex wife lives there. Other than that its a great place....

utt4r
04-12-2007, 03:20 PM
hey can u tell me where some moderate trails are by mesa. cuz i'm moving the in july?
any who that sucks about getting shocked never had that prolem there.

Rrumbler
04-26-2007, 12:53 PM
:laugh:

Heee, heeee!!! Welcome to the great southwest desert! ;) Most things here either stick you, bite you, burn you, zap you, or do many other sorts of "ow-itch" things to you; just sort of the nature of the place. I've been living/working/playing in the AZ/CA/NV desert, all of my life, and I never get tired of the wonders of the region. But, I don't think one ever gets over the ZAPPP!. It will always make you jump, if you're not expecting it, and sometimes, even when you are. :D