PDA

View Full Version : New "Lurker"!

Rrumbler
04-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Just a bit for an introduction: Screen name's Rrumbler, found my way here from Cebby's Tool and Fab board (EMF, on that board). I've had a 4 X 4 truck of one sort or another since the early 1960's, and a Toyota 4x pickup in my repertoir since 1983, when I bought an SR5 longbed, in protest of the dismal showing that the American small truck production was presenting, and the unwillingness of dealers and the manufacturers to address their shortcomings; my vanity plate said "GAVE UP", and the frame said "ON DETROIT". Before I retired, in 1995, the Toy's were in addition to my full sized work vehicles - it's a bit hard to carry four big JOBOX or KNAACK boxes in one Toyota. When the '83 would not pass California smog testing in '98 (nearly 500K on the odo), I was having too much trouble dealing with life's little setbacks to feel like putting out the effort to fix it, so I sold it, and bought another - a '92 "shortie". I put more than 100K on that one, and then traded up to a Tundra in '02.

I am a 65 year old "geezer", and don't get out and wheel like I used to, but that doesen't mean I have no interest; I live it vicariously, through others adventures. I'll be hanging around from time-to-time, and you might hear something from me when you least expect it.

EDIT/PS: I forgot to mention that none of my trucks remained stock for very long. All of my work trucks had some suspension work and tire/wheel work, as well as most of them having other performance enhancements. The '83 "TOY" had a Downey 3-1/2" kit, Rancho shocks, and 33 x 12.50 x 15's. The '92 had some 11.00's on it, and the Tundra got new wheels and bigger shoes, when the OE tires wore out - I don't drive no ordinary trucks. :D

Euphorickaty80
04-07-2007, 06:52 PM
Welcome to UY!!

slosurfer
04-07-2007, 07:45 PM
WElcome to UY! We love old geezers!

Cebby
04-07-2007, 07:51 PM
Welcome EMF - glad to see you made it over. I had no idea you had such a storied history with Toys. Love to see some pics of that 83 if you have any... :D

waskillywabbit
04-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Better an old geezer than a dead one. :D

Welcome to UY!

:guitar: