PDA

View Full Version : Gun guys- looking for some one that can put an inlay into a grip

PhorunninDuke
04-09-2007, 12:21 AM
I have a pair of mother of pearl grips that I want to have a nickel inlay-ed (sp?) in to for my 1911. I don't know anyone locally, and it is too important for me to give it a try. So if someone here can or knows somebody let me know.

Texas Jim
04-18-2007, 07:25 PM
If those grips are true Mother of Pearl, I would just look for another set of imitation grips with the nickel inlay in them that you are looking for. I would be afraid to damage the real pearls. you might also try www.fist-inc.com and go to the other sites page and look up the gun guy and see if someone there has what you are looking for. There is a lot of different web sites there you might findsomeone there. TJ

PhorunninDuke
04-27-2007, 03:05 PM
If those grips are true Mother of Pearl, I would just look for another set of imitation grips with the nickel inlay in them that you are looking for. I would be afraid to damage the real pearls. you might also try www.fist-inc.com and go to the other sites page and look up the gun guy and see if someone there has what you are looking for. There is a lot of different web sites there you might findsomeone there. TJ

Good call,
I got some imitation ones, i tired it myself and it came out okay. I want some more professional looking ones.