PDA

View Full Version : Bug- Pressing "quote" button on a post...

mastacox
04-09-2007, 11:54 AM
So I seems to have run into a bug.

When I'm posting a reply using the "quote" button on a post, my top "menu" bar changes to what I see when I'm in my user profile, and I lose the useful (home, search, forum index, sponsoring vendors, channels, contact us) menu. The only way to get the top of my screen to reset is to go back to the home page, and navigate back into the forums. Attachments 1 & 2 show the two screen shots of what I'm talking about.

Just documenting the bug, so it can be fixed eventually :angel:

Tofer
04-09-2007, 12:36 PM

When I'm posting a reply using the "quote" button on a post, my top "menu" bar changes to what I see when I'm in my user profile, and I lose the useful (home, search, forum index, sponsoring vendors, channels, contact us) menu. The only way to get the top of my screen to reset is to go back to the home page, and navigate back into the forums. Attachments 1 & 2 show the two screen shots of what I'm talking about.

idk it doesnt change for me....

04 Rocko Taco
04-09-2007, 02:26 PM

idk it doesnt change for me....

Me either......

mastacox
04-09-2007, 03:01 PM
This is what shows up when I press "quote" on Tofer's post just above this one... Could this be a setting in my profile?

mastacox
04-09-2007, 03:03 PM
And now after pressing "quote" on Tofer's post the top of my page looks like this:

04 Rocko Taco
04-09-2007, 03:04 PM
Very strange brian...very strange....

Tofer
04-09-2007, 06:01 PM
when i hit quote it just shows up in teh quick reply box..... i dont get the "advance options" page....

mastacox
04-09-2007, 08:29 PM
I made it in my options so the quick-reply is disabled. I prefer the advanced options screen.

Euphorickaty80
04-10-2007, 06:54 AM
That would be my guess as to why you are getting the different screen.

Cebby
04-10-2007, 07:49 AM
I made it in my options so the quick-quote is disabled. I prefer the advanced options screen.

I can't duplicate your problem. Tried disabling the Quick Reply box, but mine loads just fine. It appears that your error result is from loading the "unwrapped" forum page. The URL while int he forum should be something like this:

ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=...

But yours is likely:

ultimateyota.com/smf/index.php?...

What browser are you using? Have you cleared your cache lately?

mastacox
04-10-2007, 11:40 AM
I made it in my options so the quick-quote is disabled. I prefer the advanced options screen.

I can't duplicate your problem. Tried disabling the Quick Reply box, but mine loads just fine. It appears that your error result is from loading the "unwrapped" forum page. The URL while int he forum should be something like this:

ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=...

But yours is likely:

ultimateyota.com/smf/index.php?...

What browser are you using? Have you cleared your cache lately?

I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.3, haven't cleared the cache super lately, but it's doing the same thing to me on a new install of Firefox Mobile with a different computer. It also does the same thing in Internet Explorer, I just tried... This seems to be some sort of problem with my account.

Here's the header when I press the "reply" button on the thread itself:
http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&action=post;topic=729.0;num_replies=9

And here's the header when I press the "quote" button on your post Cebby:
http://www.ultimateyota.com/smf/index.php?action=post;quote=5205;topic=729.0;sesc= f30b673933891d8754c5a301d685fcb6

Anything strike you as a problem?

EDIT: I cleared my cache and restarted Firefox, but it still does the same thing...

bamachem
04-10-2007, 12:12 PM
well i can fix that. i'll just ban you... hang on a sec....

:D seriously, if you have to, you might have to just nix this account and start over w/ another one.

mastacox
04-10-2007, 12:12 PM
Figured it out!

The error occurs when the "quick reply" option box is set to "show, off by default." When I changed it to "don't show at all" the error went away.

I suppose I'd be interested to see if anyone can reproduce the error, in which case the problem is in there somewhere.

bamachem
04-10-2007, 12:14 PM
hang on a sec... i'll try that.

bamachem
04-10-2007, 12:16 PM
yup. that did it for me. when the "show, off by default" option is selected, the menu bar goes away when you quote someone.

mastacox
04-10-2007, 12:18 PM
yup. that did it for me. when the "show, off by default" option is selected, the menu bar goes away when you quote someone.

Triumph! At least we narrowed down where the problem is...

mastacox
05-15-2007, 09:18 AM
The problem's back intermittently (and now it does it without any kind of quick-quote settings)... did something change this past weekend?

Cebby
05-15-2007, 12:40 PM
No changes were made except to the navbar today. I don't have time to dig into that now - but in the mean time if you set it back to the default and minimized that pane, it would give you pretty close to the same effect of not having it at all.