PDA

View Full Version : SD CREW RUN MARCH 6-8

wifesaysimadumbass
02-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Who's up for a goof off run out to superstition or maybe over to TDS...????? i plan on going out there that weekend so i hope someone can make it post up and lets go

Scuba
02-16-2009, 06:02 PM
Me and a couple others are running cleghorn, if you dont have anyone that wants to run super let me know, or maybe we'll come down south...

strykersd
02-16-2009, 06:37 PM
I kind of wanted to check out the TDS safari to see the booths and possibly the raffle, but im open to wheel anywhere out in that area (anza borrego, ocotillo, truckhaven, or even out at superstition)

slosurfer
02-16-2009, 07:13 PM
Mikey, are you going to hit up that one little canyon again? :thumbup:

Seanz0rz
02-16-2009, 07:26 PM
ill see if i can make that! thats the weekend before my last week of classes, so times pretty tight.

Marc P
02-16-2009, 07:43 PM
I am in...

Scuba
02-16-2009, 11:13 PM
KKSHHHKKK, Paging troyboy, COME DOWN SOUTH I WANTS TO MEET THESE PEEPS !!

troyboy162
02-17-2009, 05:08 AM
alrighty looks like im in. guess i better vacuum out the runner so i can sleep in it lol. but you still gotta bring some hot chicks from the coast steve. im counting on your pimpitude to make the most of when i come down outa these here hills, i reckon :)

is there any packing list for TDS? like fire extinguisher and stuff?

Scuba
02-17-2009, 08:34 AM
So is it camping too? If so I can see if I can work morning on the 7th, then head out that evening to meet up, And wheel on sunday...?

slosurfer
02-17-2009, 10:35 AM
I've got the gps coords. for the end of that little canyon. You guys should run it both ways this time and then name it. :D

troyboy162
02-17-2009, 11:27 AM
where are we going? is it cool to bring beer for after the days wheeling? camp fires allowed? this will be a great time!

slosurfer
02-17-2009, 11:39 AM
where are we going? is it cool to bring beer for after the days wheeling? camp fires allowed? this will be a great time!

Beer :thumbup:
Fires :thumbup: :thumbup: (hint-don't listen to Marc on where to set up tent :flipoff:)

troyboy162
02-17-2009, 02:25 PM
is there a place to buy firewood there for a reasonbly inflated price or do you guys lug it all in the first day and stack it somewhere?

strykersd
02-17-2009, 03:09 PM

Beer :thumbup:
Fires :thumbup: :thumbup: (hint-don't listen to Marc on where to set up tent :flipoff:)

Good, because if beer wasn't allowed I wouldn't come! :flipoff:
I'm turning 21 on March 9th!

Scuba
02-17-2009, 04:40 PM
So what exactly is the plan ?

slosurfer
02-17-2009, 06:29 PM
So what exactly is the plan ?

Don't wreck!!! :flipoff:

Scuba
02-17-2009, 08:38 PM
Well I know that :asshat:, But is it like a camping and wheeling trip..? Or what ?

wifesaysimadumbass
02-17-2009, 10:08 PM
i plan on camping out friday and saturday night big campfires cold beers and fun trails we can either go to super and run that area it will most likely be empty... or we could go to tds and deal with the thousand jeeps and what not... i personally would like to run superstition just because i already dealt with the jeep crowd at super 11.... either way i will be bring my big bbq and some food for me to eat and some to share... can't do the carne asada for everyone but burgers????

troyboy162
02-17-2009, 10:44 PM
i vote for superstition as well but ill go anywhere. crowded off road trails sounds like trouble. how much wood do you bring? or do you buy it there? might be a noob question but ive never camped in the desert before. the little things like cooking smores with no tree branches to use....im lost lol

Seanz0rz
02-17-2009, 10:50 PM
the more im looking at it, the less i think i can make it in march. i have finals the week of the 16th and another set of midterms the week of the 2nd, and that really puts a damper on things...

ill see what i can do, im going to try real hard to get down there!

Scuba
02-17-2009, 11:19 PM
Ok then im down, Ill see if I can work that saturday morning, and head out after work. Would we still do a run on sunday ? Or am I gonna miss all the wheeling ?

wifesaysimadumbass
02-18-2009, 06:33 AM
nope i usually do a run sunday too

Scuba
02-18-2009, 09:03 AM
Alrighty then. Ill talk to the boss, Maybe Ill have a gps by then and I can get way points, Unless you can give me reaaalllyyyy gooood directions....:bling:

toyopnoy
02-19-2009, 12:28 AM
Sounds like another fun run but i don't think my SAS will be done by then. Have fun out there guys...anyone have smiling Jim's # i lost it when i got a new phone, thanks!

wifesaysimadumbass
02-21-2009, 08:15 PM
looks like just a few of us this could be real fun

Scuba
02-21-2009, 10:15 PM
I talked to troy the other night and said he's working overtold abunch so he might not be able to make it. I have no clue where superstition is, im used to camping within a few miles of the desert rose, a bit north of 78. So im gonna need some good directions if im going to meet you there. Still waiting on the schedule, which will be out this friday for the final words. But ill keep you updated !! :bling:

troyboy162
02-21-2009, 11:05 PM
yup its not looking good here. we are going to 7 days a week. my job will require weekends more often then not. out of 5 guys, we need 3-4 per day on the weekends now. the math is not looking good for me

randver
02-25-2009, 08:43 PM
well im back on dry land. me and the family are up for superstitions. the only hick-up is we may have some friends coming in from out of town, and if they can make it we will not be able to go offroading.

Scuba
02-25-2009, 11:57 PM
Hmm, Just bring em with..the more the merrier !! Lol, Im still waiting on the schedule from work to figure out exactly whats goin down next weekend !! :bling:

wifesaysimadumbass
02-26-2009, 06:31 AM
wow it's kind of looking like a small group with a lot of maybes....marc could be just you and me

Scuba
02-26-2009, 08:23 AM
Naw Ill be there no matter what, I just need to see the schedule to see if working saturday morning or not, which would leave me heading out there saturday night...Ya know ?

DEATHRUNNER
02-26-2009, 01:38 PM
I'll be in Ocotillo tomorrow night and it's surrounding areas. If anyone is out there, we'll be the camp with the rainbow flag over head.

Scuba
02-26-2009, 01:52 PM
:gay2: lawlz...

wifesaysimadumbass
02-26-2009, 05:12 PM
yes seth you will be

wifesaysimadumbass
02-26-2009, 05:15 PM
hey if it's a small turnout what do you guys think about heading over to tds instead? we can go do our own run but, it would be entertaining to watch some drunken shenanigans

wifesaysimadumbass
02-26-2009, 05:17 PM
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa313/princesspeach1982/l_5df92ddbde87ed81859e195c158a2d7a.jpg

Scuba
02-26-2009, 11:28 PM
I really dont care, But yeah, Id like to do our own run, Isnt TDS a jeep thing?

wifesaysimadumbass
02-27-2009, 06:27 AM
tds is a lot of jeeps but it is also the largest offroad event on the west coast... it is neat to just check out all the crazy buggies and there are usually a ton of toys there too... just very entertaining stuff lots of crazy carnage and built ass rigs... we can still do our own run we will just need to stay away from their area but there is plenty of room the place is like a playground of soft dirt no major rocks so it can be really fun and challenging

Scuba
02-27-2009, 10:06 AM
Sounds good

strykersd
02-27-2009, 04:18 PM
I'm still in as long as I get my 4runner back in time. It's running on only 3 cylinders so I dropped it off at a shop to have them fix the problem. Plus when I get it back I have to swap my torsion bars, the CV I snapped on Tuesday, and then the sway bar bolts that the cv took out, then take it to get an alignment. But I should be able to get it all done in time...

Scuba
02-28-2009, 12:32 AM
hah, patrick that sounds like alot, so good luck !! :bling:

Scuba
02-28-2009, 05:49 PM
UPDATE : Schedule came in, I have saturday and sunday off, BOOYA !! So Ill be heading out first thing in the morning on saturday. I might have my jeep buddy with me...:bling:

Seanz0rz
02-28-2009, 10:24 PM
no way i can make it guys. sorry. ill be thinkin about ya next weekend!!!

wish i could make it, but the skid is still sitting tacked up on my patio, theres a strange suspension or brake clunk from the rear i need to figure out, and im pretty much broke between other trips (that i think i need for my soul) and trying to buy this stupid project vehicle. ill have to catch the next one, and big bear for sure!

Scuba
02-28-2009, 10:26 PM
Speaking of big bear...Is there a run in the works..Or what..?

strykersd
03-01-2009, 04:00 AM
Speaking of big bear...Is there a run in the works..Or what..?

I'll be offroading with you guys Saturday and Sunday, then up in Big Bear Monday :)

Scuba
03-01-2009, 06:53 AM
WHATT!?!?!? I wish I could go, but i have school none the less.. :(

troyboy162
03-01-2009, 07:05 AM

wish i could make it, but the skid is still sitting tacked up on my patio, theres a strange suspension or brake clunk from the rear i need to figure out, and im pretty much broke between other trips (that i think i need for my soul) and trying to buy this stupid project vehicle. ill have to catch the next one, and big bear for sure!

hey sean just throwing this out for ya but its probley not the issue your having. i ended up with my own strange clunk and it was that the rubber grommet had worked its way off the bracket that holds the rear sway to the axle on one side. truck sounded like a lumber wagon for a week till i finaly noticed what it was

randver
03-01-2009, 09:53 AM
for now me and the family are out do to house guests. unless some one has room for 2 adults and a 3y/o

Seanz0rz
03-01-2009, 12:23 PM

hey sean just throwing this out for ya but its probley not the issue your having. i ended up with my own strange clunk and it was that the rubber grommet had worked its way off the bracket that holds the rear sway to the axle on one side. truck sounded like a lumber wagon for a week till i finaly noticed what it was

yeah, i dont have any swaybars. im trying to track it down to suspension or brakes. it also might be my dshaft slip. just havent had time to track it down, hopefully next weekend when im under the truck i can find a loose link bolt or something.

wifesaysimadumbass
03-02-2009, 06:48 AM
well dudes unfortunately i have to puill out of this run too... some unexpected financial stuff happened and i just cant swing the $ for this trip... i will definately have to make it up to you guys

Scuba
03-02-2009, 08:06 AM
Sooo, Is anyone going ? :bling:

Marc P
03-02-2009, 08:24 PM
There will be hundreds of people out there....just none of the UY SD crew :headscratch:

Scuba
03-03-2009, 12:02 AM
Well yeah, But idk anyone thats gonna be a TDS. so...yeah...

strykersd
03-03-2009, 12:37 AM
I'm still waiting on my 4runner, but if I can get it back in the next day or two from the shop I'll definitely go out there. If no one from here is going I'll probably try to meet up with the justruns group
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/justruns/message/7446

Scuba
03-03-2009, 12:57 AM
Well Im most deff gonna be going with my jeep buddy. If you wanna hit me up with your Cell number just do so. But let me know what your doin...

SharpStick
03-04-2009, 12:22 AM
Dudes.

Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

I'm headed to TDS on Friday this year - this is my fourth. At least one friend of mine is coming along. It IS a Jeep thing, but there's tons of everything else (and some somethings that are a bunch of whatever - you know crawlers). If you are anywhere in the region that weekend, you have to be at TDS. Imagine Glamis, with more rocks and less insanity, like Las Vegas for off-roaders without the drugs and burning couches. At least, fewer burning couches. It is awesome, and (finances permitting) vendor support is powerful.

My 4Runner is a new project, though, so I won't be able to trail it too heavily, but if you want to meet up, burn wood and drink beer Friday night, and watch the crazies in the cracks, plus do some trails on Saturday, let's have at it.

Has anyone declared a CB channel yet? Mobile phones are hit & miss out there - mostly miss.

STICK

Scuba
03-04-2009, 07:24 AM
Umm, No I havent, Do you want too..? I'll have mine on..Only thing is, I dont have a gps, So i couldnt go get near tds if i wanted to...

SharpStick
03-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Have no fear!

TDS is easy to locate - the center of it, anyway. There is a vendor midway and central hang/drive/meet area that's usually mapped on the TDS website, and it's right off main roads. You could drive your mother's Camry there.

www.tdsdesertsafari.com (or tds4x4.com, which is the club site).

Holy crap, would you believe that the main logo for TDS this year is a Toyota PU? HAH! They should call it Toyota del Sol.

If you want to meet there or wherever else, name the time. I'm still figuring out where all my friends will be so I can mooch the floor of someone's motorhome or toy hauler for night-night.

STICK

strykersd
03-04-2009, 07:51 PM
Today I called the shop I dropped my 4runner off at last Friday only to find out he hasn't touched it! I'm picking it up tomorrow and getting the alignment. I'm trying to get out there on Friday night, but if my buddy doesn't get someone to cover his shift I'll probably be getting out there around 10AM Saturday.

Scuba
03-05-2009, 01:22 AM
Pat, Sounds good, Ill pm you my cell number and you can txt me when Im out there, VM doesnt work and when I get a txt Ill know...

strykersd
03-05-2009, 01:52 AM
Ok, just talked to my buddy and he got the night off. So I'll be heading out Friday night, I'd imagine I'll get out there around 10PM, set up camp, play in the washes a bit, then start celebrating my buddy's b-day. He's turning 21 on Saturday, so :drink:

SharpStick
04-01-2009, 11:13 PM
Scuba! Stryker! Good to meet you. Sorry there wasn't more beer but I think I drank it all.

STICK

Scuba
04-01-2009, 11:34 PM
haah, a month later !!

lol, You too budd !! I think there im going to joshua tree next weekend, You doing anything ?

:bling:

strykersd
04-03-2009, 03:27 AM
haha, you guys wanted more beer? I had 80 beers in the back of my 4runner, it was just too hot to drink them during the day, I was already dehydrated without them. But it was nice meeting you guys too hopefully we can all get together for a Big Bear run or something