PDA

View Full Version : TBA Spring Death Valley Exploration

Good Times
03-01-2009, 03:09 PM
With the recent rain we've gotten to date, there are big hopes that the flowers in Death Valley will be blooming just like it did many years ago.

[Edit - March 12, 2009 - Latest intel from DVNP states that the wildflower bloom will be very spotty :( The peak blooming is still expected around the time we go.]

The dates for the event are March 27-31, 2009.

If you have not explored Death Valley, this is one of your best opportunities to check out the amazing beauty Death Valley has to offer. The weather will be nice and cool (none of that 100+ heat) and the benefit of the blooming flowers will make a memorable adventure. :)

Tentative itinerary: (will change depending on who attends)

Friday (Optional)
9am Ridgecrest (meet and head out)
Trona Pinnacles
Snow Canyon (Argus Mountain) - Unknown location - Still searching for GPS Coordinates
Lookout City (Argus Mountain) - Unknown location - Still searching for GPS Coordinates
Defense Mine 36°14'40"N , 117°28'40"W (Near Darwin)
Big Four Mine - just north of Lake Hill off hwy 190 east of Panamint Valley Road - Have a rough location on paper but nothing on GPS. Will need to find it before the trip!

Saturday
Ballarat (say hello to the old guy that's always there. I wonder if the dog is still around)
Charles Manson Ranch (bring your holy water!)
Check out Mengel Pass / Striped Butte
Camp somewhere in the middle of nowhere! (Geologist Cabin or the other two cabins nearby)

Sunday
Badwater (lowest elevation -282ft) via highway 190 OR West Side Road (dirt / wash)
Head to Furnace Creek and head home if you're done w/ this hell hole!

Sunday (optional 1)
Echo Canyon
Fuel at Furnace Creek
Keane Wonder Mine / Mill (CLOSED due to mine-safety hazards)
Chloride Cliff / City
Rhyolite (Ghost Town)

Sunday (optional 2)
9am depart for Rhyolite
Titus Canyon (Open as of 3/18/2009)
Leadfield (Ghost Town on Titus Canyon trail)
Ubehebe Crater
Teakettle Juntion
Camp in Panamint Valley

Monday (optional)
Racetrack
Lippincott
South Pass
Saline Valley Dunes
Steel Pass
Camp in Panamint Valley (Saline Range area)

Tuesday (optional)
Eureka Dunes
Last Chance Mountain
Home

We'll try to do a lot of stuff on foot and not just sit in the truck cuz that gets old and boring. I've tried to find stuff like exploring mines and what not so hopefully it'll be an exciting expedition!

Roads outside of Death Valley as of March 18, 2009
Hwy 120 - Tioga Pass (CLOSED)
Hwy 108 - Sonora Pass (CLOSED)
Hwy 4 - Ebbetts Pass (CLOSED)

Comments:
If you can locate any of the above sites with an accurate GPS coordinate, please shoot me an email/pm so I can update this thread. Thank you.

Seanz0rz
03-01-2009, 03:14 PM
trying my best to make it to this. i need an expedition run to cleanse my soul! ahaha.

DHC6twinotter
03-01-2009, 03:32 PM
Sounds fun!

paddlenbike
03-01-2009, 04:05 PM
I am interested. I will likely stay an extra few days to make it worth the 9 hour drive (each way).

slosurfer
03-01-2009, 06:29 PM
Fo shizzle! :thumbup:

Bob98SR5
03-01-2009, 07:29 PM
i am tentative unless we go to manson's hideout which i have not seen in the 2 times ive been there. i will bring some holy water and exorcise the place...and then run like hell b/f the evil spirits catch up with me.

slosurfer
03-01-2009, 07:42 PM
Cool, we'll lock you in the little cupboard they found him in. :laugh:

Scuba
03-01-2009, 09:26 PM
Hmm, Hopefully Ill have my locker by then :D Im down fa sho..

Good Times
03-01-2009, 09:37 PM
locker? man that ish is not required there! just lots of water and some sanity to want to be out in the middle of nowhere :D

btw, what does the sample itinerary look for ya guys? those that are stayin longer, I really wanted to hit the northern end of the park so hopefully we can try to get that into the mix. :)

Scuba
03-01-2009, 09:43 PM
Well still lance, I need one, (see shakedown thread). Umm, not to mention I have no clue what all those names and stuff mean, it just sounds like some hardcore wheeling. So I figured it would be nice to have it by then. PS. Itinerary looks good :D

Seanz0rz
03-01-2009, 09:50 PM
im really limited to fri/sat/sun runs. if it was the weekend of the 21, i could spend a few extra days up there, but i believe you have something going on that weekend lance. well see what happens and on what date it is, i might be able to stretch it into a monday. but thats pretty iffy.

paddlenbike
03-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Well still lance, I need one, (see shakedown thread). Umm, not to mention I have no clue what all those names and stuff mean, it just sounds like some hardcore wheeling. So I figured it would be nice to have it by then. PS. Itinerary looks good :D

Like Lance said, you won't need a locker out there. A few years ago someone in our group ran all those trails in 2WD. It wasn't pretty at all, but he made it!

Scuba
03-01-2009, 09:57 PM
Glad to know, BUUUT, It'd be nice to have anyway, Now leave me alone :flipoff: :P Jk jk

Good Times
03-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Ken I definitely remember that trip! when you and Scott hit the northern portion of DV, was there any cool places of interest we can explore?

Stephen, if you really want to test out your locker you can but you'll be bummed to find minivans out there :tongueout:

Seanz0rz
03-01-2009, 10:07 PM
oh lance, no carnage this time, ok?

sorry, i had to be the one to say it! haha.

Good Times
03-01-2009, 10:14 PM
carnage is my middle name!

Scuba
03-01-2009, 10:18 PM
I think I remember that one thread sean is referring to...;) umm...Hmm. its really not bad huh...? Ok kool, An expo run sounds fun.. :D I need that whole weekend off, Ill talk to my boss soon.

Good Times
03-01-2009, 10:49 PM
Note that the dates are not set in stone yet. I'll firm the dates up by next weekend.

Scuba
03-01-2009, 10:52 PM
How much gas should I bring..? :bling:

Good Times
03-01-2009, 10:53 PM
gas will be tba until the itinerary is finalized.

Seanz0rz
03-01-2009, 11:00 PM
basically, i plan on always having my 5 gallon can full. if i cant get to a gas station with 5 extra gallons on top of my 18, well then it will get me damn close!

thats all i really care to carry for this trip, if i carry any extra at all.

Scuba
03-01-2009, 11:02 PM
MMmk, Ill keep that in mind, Thanks sean !

slosurfer
03-02-2009, 07:21 AM
Yeah, 5 gallons is just fine, it's the water you need to stock up on (especially once it gets warm out there). Also, I think many of us go by the rule of not passing one of the few gas stations out there without topping off. :thumbup:

Scuba
03-02-2009, 08:05 AM
That makes sense chris... Oh, You should have a pm in 3..2..1..

2ndGen
03-02-2009, 09:17 AM
i'm not a fan of the jerry cans. they are heavy as hell and hard to secure out side a 4Runner. keeping gas inside the cabin is a no-no for safety, but when i put it on the roof basket it has a high profile casuing wind drag.

my solution is to get a 6-gallon boat gas can at Westmarine, it sits flat and has the cap on top. i had it secured rock solid with one cut short tiedown strap, when you need to use it to re-fuel the tank, leave the gas can alone just use a 6' siphon tube. it's designed for outboard engines, so you will need to plug the output fuel port. i think i totally spent $26 on the can, $12 on the stainless quick release plug(or $1 plastic plug from HD) and $3 on the tube(ACE). it was perfect after the 2100 mile ride.

RobG
03-02-2009, 11:01 AM
Lance,

I'm a definite Maybe. Depends on the dates.

paddlenbike
03-02-2009, 11:52 AM
Ken I definitely remember that trip! when you and Scott hit the northern portion of DV, was there any cool places of interest we can explore?

Absolutely. In fact, I think the northern portion of the park is my favorite. The Eureka Dunes are very cool to see.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_Hp8E9rdd9MU/RhCUjLNze3I/AAAAAAAAABk/77cb2aTVAE0/s400/DV_051.jpg

And getting there via Steel Pass was great fun:
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_Hp8E9rdd9MU/RhCUprNze6I/AAAAAAAAAB8/Yya9sWVDCMY/s400/DV_054.jpg

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_Hp8E9rdd9MU/RhCUlLNze4I/AAAAAAAAARc/ywubyEcclMY/s400/IMG_2612.jpg

I am going to do what I can to stay off Saline Valley Road. I hate it more than anything in the world. :chair:

scottiac
03-02-2009, 12:59 PM
Ah c'mon... saline valley road is fine once you get past 70 mph.... you're just jealous that I didn't have any passengers!

Coming in from the north was actually very interesting, although that long on Saline does wear on you something fierce.

I was just down in the valley this weekend for the Death Valley double century bike ride, and the wildflowers are already looking decent; projected peak is end of march, according to the rangers.

Depending on timing, I'll try and make it.

4x4mike
03-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Hijack: ON
A double? How'd it go?
Are you doing any more? I've signed up for Davis but that's all for me this year other than the Death Ride. I did Davis, Eastern Sierra and Bass Lake last year.
Hijack: OFF

Good Times
03-02-2009, 02:21 PM
Ken, mod your seats to have small springs so the springs will absorb the death ride! :tongueout: The more I find photos of the northern portion of DV the more I want to do that over everything else :tapedshut:

I'm curious as to what weekend works best for everyone? I'd personally like to push for the end of the Month as it works out better for me but my schedule is pretty flexible so lets start working on dates that work. I'm suspecting based on the information provided by the ranges on the website, the earliest would be the end of the March and after.

Thoughts?

scottiac
03-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Hijack: ON
A double? How'd it go?
Are you doing any more? I've signed up for Davis but that's all for me this year other than the Death Ride. I did Davis, Eastern Sierra and Bass Lake last year.
Hijack: OFF

Off-track engaged...
Went well, actually! 3 outta 4 of our team pulled it off (although 1 of the 3 ended up on his own; he ran out of gas at 120 miles, and got dropped. He eventually recovered and made it in.)

Muscles are fine, tail bones hurt!

Signed up for Solvang, Davis, Eastern Sierra, and will sign up for new White Mountains ride later. I *might* do Terrible Two if the legs feel strong. Also signed up for Death Ride and a half dozen other centuries... How was Bass Lake?

Off-track disengaged... We now resume our previously scheduled thread.

Seanz0rz
03-02-2009, 02:35 PM
dates that work out the absolute best for me: march 20, april 10.

dates that i prefer less, but still am fine with: april 3.

dates i really rather not go, but still can: march 27.

paddlenbike
03-02-2009, 02:49 PM
I have to be back in town by the morning of April 13, other than that the dates work for me.

scottiac
03-02-2009, 02:51 PM
I'm curious as to what weekend works best for everyone?

In your range, april 11th works best for me, march 21 second best. No can do for the 28th weekend, probably wouldn't do the 4th weekend, but I've been there dozens of times, so pick the dates from everyone else.

slosurfer
03-02-2009, 05:03 PM
I prefer end of march.

Do not prefer Easter weekend, as I would have to bring the whole fam. We are already planning on camping over Easter weekend, but I don't think we're ready for a whole fam expedition type trip. Setting up and taking down camp with the whole fam is a chore!!!! :D Also, it's easier to just listen to Jack complain about it being too hot/cold/boring etc... rather than all 3 of them. :laugh:

Scuba
03-03-2009, 12:10 AM
bawahah @ chris. Umm, In all honesty as soon as the dates get posted im gonna email my boss and plead to get that weekend off. Other then that I dont care..:bling:

Good Times
03-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Date has been set to March 27-31, 2009. Tentative itinerary has been posted in the first thread. Since Death Valley is so large, we'll probably wing the itinerary based on what else we find out there :)

Scuba
03-08-2009, 09:07 PM
Kool Lance, Ill let my baws know first thing tomorrow. It sucks having to ask for certain days off every other week, but it doesnt suck having a blast wheelin :D

:bling:

Scuba
03-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Ok crap, Im not really understanding why it say "optional" by some of the days...Like If I had to head home sunday would we be near a major road I could find my way...?

Seanz0rz
03-08-2009, 09:11 PM
im there, skidplate is nearly done, sleeping platform is nearly done, dash rewire is not started yet, laptop stand is a few sketches among vector statics notes.

RobG
03-08-2009, 10:34 PM
I'm in. Starting work on the rear suspension this week, should be in good shape by then.

2 Questions:
1) what do you guys communicate with? I have a 2M that I use but no CB, should I try to get a CB?
2) I assume tent camping? Or do most of you sleep in back of your trucks?

Seanz0rz
03-08-2009, 10:42 PM
get a CB!!! if you dont get a chance to tune the antenna, ill throw my swr meter in the truck so we can do it friday or something.

im sleeping in the back of my truck, not sure about the others.

Good Times
03-08-2009, 10:44 PM
The optional portions are open for those that want to stick around for a bit longer. All optional portions will be near major roads (highway) to get back home :)

Everyone will be on CB but I have a 2m so we can chat that way too.

Tent camping for the most part but there are a few that are crazy enough to sleep w/o a tent too! I'll be truck camping. I haven't decided yet.

slosurfer
03-08-2009, 11:18 PM
I'll be tenting it.

Lance, you're not going to be tenting it? I was hoping to get to learn how to set it up by watching you. :laugh:

Good Times
03-09-2009, 12:02 AM
haha! I'll bring it but we'll see :) Sleeping in the 4runner is a pita though... eh I have a few weeks to finalize it :D

paddlenbike
03-09-2009, 08:30 AM
or they have a current "special" at the Furnace Creek Inn for $345/night!

DHC6twinotter
03-09-2009, 09:21 AM
I like those dates. :D :headscratch:

Scuba
03-09-2009, 09:31 AM
Oh good one dan ;)

Ok kool lance. I think I'll be in for friday-monday morning, head out then.

hah, And no tent here, Ill be stretching over my nice bucket seats in my tiny taco :D

Good Times
03-09-2009, 11:57 AM
Stephen,

Heading out on Monday might throw a curve ball. The Sun-Mon route literally puts us in the middle of nowhere. I didn't anticipate anyone sticking around until Monday morning but we can definitely table that into the picture since a lot of the Sun-Tues route will definitely change due to road conditions.

paddlenbike
03-09-2009, 12:08 PM
If you plan to sleep on the ground, be sure to bring a sleeping pad of some sort. The ground out there is not the softest and I slept miserably the first time out. Last time I had REI sleeping pads similar to the Thermarest design and I slept great.

As far as offroad equipment, it helps to have a CB so you know about upcoming turns, dangerous stuff in the trail, etc. and you'll get to hear some chat on history of the area. You need a spare tire, tow strap (just in case) and plenty of drinking water. You don't need a built rig, but Death Valley is not a place for a vehicle in disrepair. You'll want good tires to put up with desert roads at 60 mph+, decent shocks and a cooling system that is in good shape. It's not a bad idea to bring a few extra bolts and zipties because stuff can rattle loose on those roads. My skidplate loosened up and I almost completely lost my windshield washer fluid bottle from the fenderwell. Yes, it's that rough. Clogged airfilters and dirty MAFs are commonplace, so bring either an extra air filter or filter cleaner and electrical contact cleaner in case your MAF gets dirty. Happened to me last time and it was a 10-minute field repair.

It is also helpful to have a folding camp table to cook on (something I need to buy before this trip) and you might consider a way to fashion some sort of shade tarp because it can be very warm in places like Furnace Creek, as you can imagine by the name alone.

The only issue I have had out there is ice. It gets hot and all the combination of my crappy icechest and all the bouncing around required I buy ice at least every-other day. This time I am going to try freezing water bottles and use block ice to hopefully make it last a little longer.

Don't let this scare you into not going. My point is you don't need special equipment, you simply need a vehicle in good condition and a little planning to make your trip more comfortable. Hope this helps!

Scuba
03-09-2009, 11:47 PM
Well lance, I just recieved a tom tom that does Long/LAT, Deff excited...so ill see what I can do with maps and such.
If leaveing monday morning will not be good then sunday would work too, I just dont want to be out there and get lost with no way of getting ahold of anyone...

I put in my request for friday-sunday so we will see what happens closer till the event, I probably wont be a deff yes till the week before..

At least I have a CB now, Unlike at pismo...

Good Times
03-19-2009, 03:08 AM
Quick bump!

Updated first thread with latest information on road conditions and an updated itinerary (Keane Mill/Mine closed indefinite). Titus Cyn is open!

I also still need to find directions/GPS to the Friday sites.

Those that are planning to do the optional Friday run, I am open to a caravan (Los Angeles/Orange County) up to Ridgecrest Friday morning at the Cajon basin (15N @ 138 junction). Time is still TBA but it'll be early.

Scuba
03-19-2009, 11:16 AM
that sucks, I reaalllllyy wanted to go.

the truck will prolly still be in the shop.

And I wont have any money...

Have fun and be safe guys !!

RobG
03-20-2009, 07:46 AM
I'm about 70% in for Saturday to Monday. Love to do the Friday stuff but I've always wanted to see the racetrack and can't afford 2 days off right now.

Still trying to get my rear suspension in shape. Looks like Marlin isn't going to come through so it's on to plan B or C.

Good Times
03-20-2009, 11:01 AM
Another bump! Who's going? We're 1 week out!

I will be changing the itinerary and remove hitting goler wash / warm springs canyon entirely and only explore the northern portion of Death Valley.

Rob this should help you out so you don't have to take several days off to hit these sites. I'll still have an optional Mon/Tues that'll cover the northern tip of DV.

The itinerary will be heavily dependent on the final head count and how long everyone is planning to stay.

Thanks!

scottiac
03-20-2009, 11:09 AM
I'm afraid I'm "out" for this one. Catch ya next time!

DHC6twinotter
03-20-2009, 11:37 AM
So, is this a list of who's going?

Lance
Chris
Sean
Ken
Bob (maybe)
Rob (maybe)
Steve (if truck is fixed in time)

Is that right?

RobG
03-20-2009, 11:43 AM
Another bump! Who's going? We're 1 week out!

I will be changing the itinerary and remove hitting goler wash / warm springs canyon entirely and only explore the northern portion of Death Valley.

Rob this should help you out so you don't have to take several days off to hit these sites. I'll still have an optional Mon/Tues that'll cover the northern tip of DV.

The itinerary will be heavily dependent on the final head count and how long everyone is planning to stay.

Thanks!

That sounds great Lance. I'm up for anything but definitely prefer the North as I have never been north of Furnace creek. I might decide to stay another day if things are going good. I can easily start on Friday too if that works better.

Marlin flaked on me so I either need to buy some All-Pro springs or get my airbags working.

Good Times
03-20-2009, 12:08 PM
Bob is officially out.
Sean is still going.
Ken I believe is going since we'll be exploring the northern portion of DV.
Chris is still afaik.
Scuba is out unless a miracle happens on his taco.

Scuba
03-20-2009, 12:46 PM
I already told my boss to forget about the time off request I put in the day before the accident...
Im not gonna have money nor time. So I am "officially" out.

paddlenbike
03-20-2009, 01:00 PM
Lance, a few of us in the Sacramento area are talking about going in the fall instead. I much prefer to caravan the 9 hours with others rather than going alone. Most of the rest of you are only going for a couple of days and us Norcal people generally stay 5+ days to make it worth the trip, so I guess that's all the more reason to wait until fall when the others can go. Have fun and take lots of pics though!

4x4mike
03-20-2009, 01:33 PM
Lance, a few of us in the Sacramento area are talking about going in the fall instead. I much prefer to caravan the 9 hours with others rather than going alone. Most of the rest of you are only going for a couple of days and us Norcal people generally stay 5+ days to make it worth the trip, so I guess that's all the more reason to wait until fall when the others can go. Have fun and take lots of pics though!

Crossing fingers

Seanz0rz
03-20-2009, 07:57 PM
im two steps closer:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m141/hamiltoncomputers/IMG_0764.jpg
full size spare tire, and sleeping platform.

tour4fun
03-21-2009, 12:06 PM
Can you put me down as a maybe? I'll know if I can go by Wednesday. I can only do Fri/Sat/Sun if I do.

Good Times
03-21-2009, 07:09 PM
Awesome Joyce!

Seanz0rz
03-21-2009, 08:20 PM
sweet joyce! hope to see you there!

weather is looking pretty nice!

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/outdoors/tenday/USCA0286?from=36hr_topnav_outdoors

Good Times
03-21-2009, 11:04 PM
crap it's gonna be 90 degrees?!?!!? I guess I should recharge that A/C eh?

paddlenbike
03-21-2009, 11:09 PM
I wonder where that weather station is located. Weather.com shows Furnace Creek is 81 degrees on the hottest day and I thought that was generally one of the hotter areas.

Bob98SR5
03-21-2009, 11:43 PM
gents,

i am going to pass due to spending a grip load of money on new furniture and a lifecycle! have fun and stay cool.

chris: tell little jack that marshmallow war will have to wait until the next trip. tell him i'm sorry!

bob

troyboy162
03-23-2009, 07:17 PM
not sure if these are going to be close to where you guys are going but there are some notable mines out that way
http://wikimapia.org/1801116/Noonday-Mine
war eagle and peace dove are in that area too aparently. i dont have exact courds but all those mines are popular destinations for mine nuts like me. have a blast out there and take pictures!!!

Good Times
03-23-2009, 09:54 PM
Ok some minor bad news...

Due to some unexpected things that have come up, I'm gonna have to postpone this event to a different weekend. I know this will cause some headaches for those that have preplanned the weekend and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

I may have an alternate weekend available (April 11/12 - Easter weekend). Still tentative but I would hope that would be a better weekend for everyone that was currently unable to attend the March 27-31. Since the date will be 2 weeks later, I may change the location of the spring trip to avoid the heat that is normally expected in DV.

Sorry guys :(

DHC6twinotter
03-23-2009, 10:00 PM
my vote goes to Moab.

slosurfer
03-23-2009, 10:03 PM
Dan :laugh: very funny! I wish! Isn't there some big Jeep festival there Easter weekend?

Seanz0rz
03-23-2009, 10:04 PM
i should hit lance with a shoe...

actually maybe this will get me enough time to install more lights, and get my sleeping platform in better shape that it is now.

slosurfer
03-23-2009, 10:06 PM
Sean, you would probably have to hit me with a shoe. :( Let's just say that if I went, I'm afraid the whole fam might have to just live in a tent. :laugh:

Scuba
03-23-2009, 10:50 PM
Dooooodddd...

RobG
03-24-2009, 08:18 AM
Kind of bummed but a little relieved, not sure I would have been ready. There is always next time, did someone say fall DV trip?

slosurfer
03-24-2009, 08:22 AM
Sorry Rob, I was really looking forward to it as well. It kind of snuck up on me and it really would have been irresponsible of me to try to go.

RobG
03-24-2009, 09:05 AM
Sorry Rob, I was really looking forward to it as well. It kind of snuck up on me and it really would have been irresponsible of me to try to go.

Chris, Nothing to be sorry about. Lots of things are more important that a good wheeling trip .....um..... I just can't think of any right now. :headscratch: But seriously not a big deal at all. I still had to install new springs, shocks, an airbag, change the oil, check all the fluids, and pack. Not sure when all that was going to happen on top of work and the Kids sports schedule this week.

Looking forward to meeting you one of these days.

slosurfer
03-24-2009, 09:17 AM
Rob, are you interested in doing anything over Easter weekend? Not sure about location yet, and may possibly be more of a remote base camp and explore from there type of thing.

RobG
03-24-2009, 11:43 AM
I have out of town family coming in over Easter, we actually had one of the prime El Cap spots on the bluff reserved for most of Easter week but we won't be able to do that.:(

We might be up for a day run though if it isn't too far.

tour4fun
03-26-2009, 07:17 AM
I'm still interested in the trip if we do it in 2 weeks time. If it's a go, could someone please send me an email at my username at aol please :).

slosurfer
03-26-2009, 07:56 AM
tour4fun- will do! :thumbup:

Seanz0rz
03-26-2009, 09:25 PM
joshua tree np seems to be no more than 80 over the next 10 days, is this a possibility (i know its much further for those of you in cen cal.

Scuba
03-28-2009, 03:47 PM
Joshua tree would be perfect for me..as far as everyone else IDK, been to Jtree when I was younger, thought it would be kool to get out there in my truck.../rant I guess.

Seanz0rz
03-28-2009, 05:59 PM
others want to chime in? i think i might just end up going out there soon anyway, whether or not its the 11-12, not sure.

Scuba
03-28-2009, 11:05 PM
Dude, Right after I got off earlier I remembered reading about mojave road up north...

Seanz0rz
03-29-2009, 11:51 AM
yeah we did the mojave road last year. i think we will do a run in the fall.

ok. im going to joshua tree on the 10-12 (get there late on 10). yall are welcome to join me. i think i will start a separate thread on monday or tuesday with details (need to scour my maps and other trail reports and get a rough itinerary. ill keep you all posted.

slosurfer
03-29-2009, 07:56 PM
Not sure if I'll make that one. It's not dog friendly there. :( Don't change you plans though, I'm a total maybe for anything at this point anyways. We just found out that April and the kids are flying back to MN for our niece's first communion (inlaws paid for it :thumbup: ) but that means I have to drive down to LAX to drop them off and then back down to pick them up. That's a week after easter, so I'm a total maybe at this point.

I will get to bachelor it at my house for a week though. :thumbup: :flipoff:

Scuba
03-29-2009, 08:57 PM
Or at the dunes...:P

sean, I will deff see if I can make that, If I have the taco back, Ill be there...

Seanz0rz
03-30-2009, 04:52 PM
well as it looks right now, even im a HUGE maybe, so i think im just going to cancel joshua tree on the 11th.