PDA

View Full Version : Gun Owners: Questions

AxleIke
04-10-2007, 12:46 PM
This isn't really a debate, I'm just trying to get a handle on the majority here.

I'm not looking for a discussion on what should or shouldn't be, but rather simply posts with information. Not sure that makes sense, but i'll try and give an example.

Here is the question:

Of gun owners here, how many of you actually own guns that would be banned in current (or near future) gun control laws, or have had guns that you own outlawed by past gun control legislation?

For an example of what i mean:

I'm Isaac, and i own 2 guns personally, and family owns 15. I have a shot gun, and a 30-06. None of these guns are illegal, nor will they be made illegal by anything in the near future.

Just want to get an idea. Thanks for participating, and lets please keep this civil.

TDiddy
04-10-2007, 12:57 PM
I have some hi-cap mags that were legal, then illegal, now legal again but could be illegal again in the future. Regardless of status, I'm not giving the up.

I do plan on purchasing one of these soon, also legal now but could lose that status after the next peresidential election:

http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=GOVT1001&storeid=1&image=gov07.gif&CFID=36312070&CFTOKEN=37548582

oly884
04-10-2007, 03:10 PM
I have owned 3 guns, now 2, all are legal in montana.

Robinhood4x4
04-10-2007, 07:45 PM
I currently don't own that many firearms but I plan on changing that now that I live in AZ.

My family on the other hand have many firearms that are on the threatened species list. Included are firearms and accesories that have been grandfathered legal, but you can no longer buy in CA.

Bob98SR5
04-10-2007, 10:41 PM
ike,

depends on whose in power or whose votes are on the line. bush sr was responsible for the assault weapons ban and supposedly republicans are pro-gun. so that is why i bought a mak-90 before they were banned here in kaliforniastan. i have three high cap mags for it as well as my glock 19. i will bury them away if they come for them.

tom: buy the lower now!!!

bob

ChickenLover
04-10-2007, 11:13 PM
Unfortunately, I haven't gotten my hands on any questionable guns. Of the 5 guns I own, most are hunting related (30.06, 30.30, 12-gauge). I have a .45-auto (w/ ccw) for protection. And an old Ruger 10-.22 for plinkin'.

That poor .22 has probably seen more than 100k rounds.

msw1185
04-10-2007, 11:14 PM
Personally, I am still looking for "my" first gun, but my "family" owns every major Weatherby rifle caliber, several Remington shotgun flavors in 20 and 12 (pump, auto, over/under), A 9mm Desert Eagle, 357 mag revolver, 22 long rifle and revolver, 2 black powder weapons, Thompson Contender with .357 and .243(?) barrels...

I think thats it. Its been awhile since Ive seen the inside of the ol gun safe. Ive been more into bow hunting lately. Nothing we have is in danger of being outlawed unless Billary gets in office..

bamachem
04-11-2007, 05:40 AM
I have some HI-CAP magazines that could be banned from future sales, but they are not illegal to own where I live.

Texas Jim
04-16-2007, 08:44 PM
I own several hand guns and they have all got high cap mags. I have one 9mm, two 40's S&W one 357 revelover, 44Mag revolver, a 45 Tactical with a threaded barrel for a "can," a marlin 44 mag rifle, a model 1200 winchester defender 12 gage shotgun, a wingmaster 12 gage, a 20 gage. All of the hand guns I carry on different occasions and I probably have somewhere in the neighbor hood of 1200-1500 rounds of ammo for each weapon. Plus I have a large collection of knives. ever thing from Bench Made to Emerson, to Case, Boker, and old timer's uncle Henry's. TJ

GrnGrand97
04-16-2007, 09:12 PM
I currently don't own any. When I turn 21 I am buying either a 9mm or .40cal Glock. Hi-caps mags would be illegal where I used to live(CA) but are legal here in AZ for who knows how long. Right now I am debating buying a AR-15 before the 08 elections, but I really want a M1A.

Seanz0rz
04-16-2007, 09:34 PM
both our Ruger mini 14 and our Remington 870 are legal.

its honestly not worth going to jail for something like an over sized mag.

this is in cali too, most strict gun laws.

AxleIke
04-16-2007, 10:15 PM
so, looks like so far, the only illegal (or potentially illegal) stuff is mags..

Thats pretty good, keep em coming.

Seanz0rz
04-17-2007, 12:26 AM
things like muzzle breaks are sometimes called flash suppressors and flash suppressors advertised as muzzle breaks. flash suppressors are illegal in CA, but muzzle breaks are not. if you can find a flash suppressor advertised and packaged as a muzzle break, then it is legal, as long as you present the evidence of this if ever questioned.

waskillywabbit
04-17-2007, 05:30 AM
I currently own no guns but I used to have a whole bunch of "hunting" guns...shotguns and such. Just too dangerous at home with small children...but they are getting older so we will start learning about guns very soon.

:D

Robinhood4x4
04-17-2007, 08:56 AM
so, looks like so far, the only illegal (or potentially illegal) stuff is mags..

That's probably because

1) Law abiding citizens would either turn in or sell a firearm that will become illegal

2) Nobody here will admit on a public forum that they own something illegal.

So I think the results are a little skewed.

Also, look at things like Tom's AR that he's getting. In CA the old AR's are now illegal to buy, but because of minor changes to get around the law the new ones are not illegal to buy. Technicalities make it legal but it's basically the same gun.

AxleIke
04-17-2007, 09:11 AM
Ahh, yes, hadn't thought about that...good point. Oh well, it was worth a try.

surf4runner
04-17-2007, 10:59 AM
i own nothing illegal or questionable nor likely to be in the near future.

however a friend in the mountains is stocked and :tapedshut:

Texas Jim
04-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Full automatics, are a highly restricted weapon and what I am talking here are machine guns, some states do allow you to own them but you have to have proper paper work for them, also silencers, or cans for weapons are mostly illegal. I don't know if in the future it also could consider some types of ammo. ie hollow points. TJ

fustercluck
04-20-2007, 06:49 PM
Wisdom dictates that I remain vague. I'm not breaking any laws...:hillbill:

I own more guns than Mrs. Fuster wants me to and fewer than I want.:D

Texas Jim
04-20-2007, 10:01 PM
your wife allows you to have guns???? She doesn't know you very well does she....lol TJ