Nick
03-11-2009, 07:54 PM
No.

(to the poll)

Issues are originating elsewhere.

Seanz0rz
03-11-2009, 07:57 PM
likewise.

i feel very threatened i cant CC, esp here at school.

CJM
03-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Damn them, 61% say yes!

If everyone had a gun and I mean everyone do you really think anyone would try to rob, shoot, rape, etc anyone

fustercluck
03-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Why didn't the perp shoot up a police station?

RunnerUp
03-11-2009, 08:59 PM
honestly, i dont know if you are a republican robinhood, but any self respecting republican should not be frequenting CNN... its kinda like sleeping with the enemy, it may feel good, but afterwards you realize you might have caught something, like a slight liberal slant.

Seanz0rz
03-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Why didn't the perp shoot up a police station?

because schools, churches, office buildings, etc are easy targets. near guarantee no one is armed, just like a terrorist would never try to use planes again, those are too well guarded now. but walking into a walmart and blowing yourself up, perfect terrorism target.

RunnerUp
03-11-2009, 09:05 PM
i LOVE how the media makes huge spreads about situations like this when a non felon goes crazy and kills people with legally purchased firearms, but when felons go and kill a couple people with illegally acquired weapons its on the news for an afternoon and thats it

Seanz0rz
03-11-2009, 09:08 PM
honestly, i dont know if you are a republican robinhood, but any self respecting republican should not be frequenting CNN... its kinda like sleeping with the enemy, it may feel good, but afterwards you realize you might have caught something, like a slight liberal slant.

maybe this is the liberal slant speaking, but i find nothing really wrong with cnn, at least not anymore so than the RNC's very own fox news. now msnbc might as well be praise obama tv, and i dont watch that trash.

i always try to read the news everywhere i can find it, bbc, reuters, AP, cnn, la times, etc. its not so much about the bias, its more about recognizing it and educating yourself enough to be able to get around it and come to your own conclusion about the story.

of course, that being the more international version of the site, and the recent "spike" (in reporting) of gun related violence, the poll is going to be overwhelmingly yes.

our Constitution does not guarantee our right to posses weapons for hunting. the 2nd amendment says that if the government violates the other 9 (of the bill of rights) or otherwise dis serves the people its meant to serve, than the people have the right to respond and change that... its the one amendment that protects the citizens from the government.

Robinhood4x4
03-11-2009, 09:26 PM
I don't look at cnn. I saw this poll posted on another website and see it as my duty to show the liberal cnn readers that firearms owners are not a minority.

Small_words
03-11-2009, 11:09 PM
I'm with Seanzorz. Get news from wherever you can find it, but take nothing at face value. Does anyone believe it when a salesman, not a technician, tells you that the "XXXXX" needs to be replaced? Is a news source any different?

oly884
03-11-2009, 11:45 PM
Would banning alcohol be a fair approach to drunk driving?

Would banning "just" liquor be a fair approach?

Or would banning "just" beer be a fair approach?

Controlling guns only controls the law abiding. Last I checked, none of the gun laws we already had (specifically "gun free zones") have been sufficient in preventing mass murders.

One could argue that preventing the sales of a certain type of firearm (eg. AR-15, AK-47, et al.) would 'reduce the amount on the street'

however, that is a faulty argument in that it assumes that the ONLY source of said weapons are from within the country. Remember basic economics folks, where demand increases (illegal weapons) supply will always increase. The amount of guns that cross the boarder will increase dramatically.

But, let's now say that banning a certain type of gun WILL reduce the amount of gun related crimes, I must then ask the question, what if the person is wielding a knife? Do we apply the same scenario to knives now? What if it is just heavy rocks?

What if *I* want to be responsible for protecting myself and my family? Do I now need to forfeit some of the basic rights that are given to EVERY individual to appease some one with a grudge against a tool?

More later...