PDA

View Full Version : Article in the local paper on open carry in california

Seanz0rz
03-15-2009, 12:06 PM
http://www.sbsun.com/news/ci_11913496

that would be my home town.

"They are creating an environment that is exceeding dangerous for them, the officers and innocent bystanders," said Redlands Police Chief Jim Bueermann.

"I think this is absolutely reprehensible behavior. Not only is it dangerous to carry a gun in this day and age, but that they would attempt to goad the officers into behavior that would then allow them to sue or put them in a position where someone could get hurt."

the only reason its dangerous in this day and age, is because only the criminals have the weapons, and the police, including you mr bueermann, are too incompetent to stop them. (redlands PD is a joke. they frequently bungle criminal investigations, harass law abiding citizens, and ignore flagrant violation of laws they dont feel like enforcing.)

i would open carry when i buy a handgun (with proper training, etc), but i live in a school zone. i think if more people open carried, the pubic would get used to the idea of legally armed citizens, willing to protect themselves and others, and not see a gun as only the tool of a criminal.

discuss at length!

Good Times
03-15-2009, 01:53 PM
I would definitely test the limits there but unfortunately I don't have $10k in funds just in case things go sour. This is only the beginning of the open movement and over time the perception will change.

As the popos get hounded with MWG (man with gun) calls they'll quickly learn to train the call center to find out if the mwg is actually engaging in a crime or just doing nothing and make an assessment at that point. The cops will quickly realize that their resources are being wasted on worthless stops and will learn from "mistakes" and "lawsuits" to do what is right for their city/community and use their resources wisely on "real crimes".

The thing is if CA is a "shall issue" state then there wouldn't be a need for the "open carry" movement. Too bad that won't happen anytime soon :(

RobG
03-15-2009, 04:19 PM
I'm not a big fan of open carry here in urban CA, but I do respect what these guys are trying to do. I too live in a school zone and there are way too may other prohibited areas in different codes (county, city, parks, water district, ..). Very hard to know for sure where you are legal and where you aren't.

Most of you from CA are probably on calguns, if you haven't seen the original post by the OCer on calguns it makes an interesting read. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=161066

There is a bill in the assembly right now to make CA a shall issue CCW state, it is AB 357. Odds are it won't pass but the more backing it gets the better chance we have. Please call and write your representatives asking them to support AB357. Here are some links.
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/postquery?bill_number=ab_357&sess=0910&house=B&author=knight
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=156746
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=161485

So I very much support shall issue CCW's, I'd like people carrying in this area to have some background check and as much training as possible. + CCW lets you carry loaded in your truck, no other way to that in CA leagally without being a LEO.

CJM
03-15-2009, 06:33 PM
Honestly some may not like what I am about to say, but bear with me:

If you like living free and not being restricted-the last place to ever think of let alone move to is cali.

Really sad b/c its quite a wonderfull state otherwise in many ways. But corrupt politics, bad laws and illegal immigrants it has plenty of.

Good Times
03-16-2009, 01:59 AM

If you like living free and not being restricted-the last place to ever think of let alone move to is cali.

Really sad b/c its quite a wonderfull state otherwise in many ways. But corrupt politics, bad laws and illegal immigrants it has plenty of.

The problem this logic is that CA is known for being the test case state across the country. Whatever CA passes it usually trickles through to other states. DC's restriction on handguns are a direct copy of CA's rulebook (afaik). Other stuff like CARB laws (EPA related) are direct from CA. I'm sure there are other stuff that originated in CA.

People across the country don't realize that we are the testing grounds for everything and whenever these "retarded" laws are passed it usually means it'll be up in your neck of the woods soon. So the bottom line is that everyone across the country should be very vigil about any laws that impact the residents of CA because those laws impacting CA residents can soon become a reality in your state of residence.

CJM
03-16-2009, 03:18 AM
I highly doubt places like Vermont, Idaho, Texas, Kentucky, etc will follow suit with CA..

Other more liberal states, maybe..

reggie 00
03-16-2009, 07:58 AM
I highly doubt places like Vermont, Idaho, Texas, Kentucky, etc will follow suit with CA..

Lance is right.

I would agree with you CJM but the problem with that line of argument is that things change.
Today maybe not but what about the future.
The state may not change it but if a majority of states have who do you think is in charge of congress??
Can you say Federal changes.

Ya it sucks to live here sometimes but there are good points to it too. Like it isn't the East Coast.
But there are people bringing the fight, and people out of state helping too.
What doesn't help is "that states messed up i'm not dealing with it" attitude. That just fuels the fires for the jackass liberals that made the stupid law in the first place.

Here today in Jersey tomorrow.
How are those smog laws in Jersey?

RunnerUp
03-16-2009, 08:59 AM
hey now... east coast isnt all that bad, well... atleast florida and north carolina...

CJM
03-16-2009, 06:15 PM
Uh the east coast is a wee bit better...

Honestly how can you live somewhere where they dictate how your car must operate to such a degree? Where illegal immigrants have more rights than you do, where the cost of living is INSANE, where you couldnt own a gun unless they say what kind (nj isnt any better really but other places cmon), where your welfare system is bankrupt, worst politicians in the country, etc, etc, etc.

Like I said-the place is nice alright in many other respects but I wouldnt live there period. Im not bashing it, my views and beliefs just dont bode well to staying in that state for more than a vacation.

As for NJ and its smog laws, WHAT A JOKE. Even as bad as we are they dont do it like you guys. They wont ticket you for modifying your car unless you have a dumb riceburner exhaust and most cops dont even care. Have a loud v8-no one bothers..You wanna pass, take it to a private garage and throw the guy 50 bucks, it will pass no matter what. We can modify our vehicles as we see fit too, they have so called lift laws-so far everyone I know thats lifted never bothered to do anything and not a single one got pulled over. So yea inspection and smog laws are a joke compared to you.

RunnerUp
03-16-2009, 06:19 PM
well in that case... florida is awesome... except for the yankees (no offense), no smog laws, very little in the way of gun laws, cost of living is cheap and very few illegals, the few illegals we have are in miami or the middle of the state on orange farms...

CJM
03-16-2009, 06:21 PM
FWIW: If ya met me aside from my "northern hick accent" i fit right in, maybe yankee by birth but confederate by choice.

Robinhood4x4
03-16-2009, 09:33 PM

If you believe that, you're in a world of denial. I've found that other people here in AZ think the same way.

With every generation there are fewer and fewer kids who grow up with guns. I think within 50-100 years the laws will be so stifling that nobody will have a gun in their house, or the constitution will be changed eliminate the 2nd amendment.

CJM
03-16-2009, 09:52 PM
^ Quite possibly so

I think it depends on the area too, more blue collar tbh more guns-more white collar less people packing.

Matt2001TJ
07-24-2009, 10:57 PM

The problem this logic is that CA is known for being the test case state across the country. Whatever CA passes it usually trickles through to other states. DC's restriction on handguns are a direct copy of CA's rulebook (afaik). Other stuff like CARB laws (EPA related) are direct from CA. I'm sure there are other stuff that originated in CA.

People across the country don't realize that we are the testing grounds for everything and whenever these "retarded" laws are passed it usually means it'll be up in your neck of the woods soon. So the bottom line is that everyone across the country should be very vigil about any laws that impact the residents of CA because those laws impacting CA residents can soon become a reality in your state of residence.
That is VERY true to say the least...