PDA

View Full Version : 1997 4runner question.

spalmer
03-17-2009, 10:10 PM
HELLO EVERYONE NEW GUY HERE, LOVE MY RUNNER HAVE ONLY OWNED YOTAS SINCE 16,33 NOW ANYWAY THRILLED TO HAVE FOUND THIS SITE. HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS HOPE YOU GUYS CAN HELP. MY 1997 4RUNNER LIMITED WITH 150,000 ON IT. IM GOING TO BE DRIVING A LOT MORE COMING UP AND WANT TO DO A FEW THINGS. 1ST IS FUEL FILTER HARD TO CHANGE, ALSO IS K@N AIR FILTER A GOOD CHOICE, IS A TRANNY FLUSH GOOD IDEA AND RADIATOR FLUSH? ALSO NOTICED SMALL PIECE OF CLEARCOAT HAS CAME OFF THE TOP OF MY REAR HATCH :( WHATS A QUICK FIX. THANKS GUYS.

Seanz0rz
03-18-2009, 12:20 AM
hi, and welcome to this site!

first, kill the caps lock! no worries, just for future reference.

for the fuel filter, it is not a difficult job, but it can be if you have corrosion issues. not sure if this article is in the wiki yet, here it is on www.4runners.org : http://4runners.org/writeups/fuelfilter/index.html

dont bother with the k&n. buy a trueflow, its what i, and alot of other people here run.

for your transmission. what is the service history on it? im not sure id recommend a flush, but a fluid change (drain and refill) is perfectly fine. maybe others with more trans knowledge will chime in.

a radiator flush and refill is a great idea! make sure the shop uses toyota pink coolant/antifreeze.

for your paint, not much you can do. keep up waxing with a good quality carnuba wax, like mothers.

most of these answers could have been found by searching here, and its something i highly recommend. if you still cant find what youre looking for after looking through all the tech articles and past threads, definitely post up! hope i helped you.

spalmer
03-19-2009, 01:13 AM
Hey, thanks so much for feedback very useful, im spending the day on my runner. p.s. i just installed a new bull bar and clear front turn signals.....what a great look.