PDA

View Full Version : Dont Forget- Tax Day is April 17th

mastacox
04-10-2007, 06:27 PM
Just like the title says, just thought I'd throw a reminder out for the heck of it.

I just filed my first ever tax return prepared solely by myself, it was fairly painless with TurboTax. That being said, I have a little rant about TurboTax, being that they try to nickel and dime you to death :shake:

First, you pay $40 for TurboTax Deluxe. No biggie, seems like a good deal and it is, especially for the Federal return and deduction maximizer (even though I had precisely ZERO deductions, other than the "standard" deduction, oops).

Then, I had to file two state returns since I moved to NM in Jan 2006. Problem is, TurboTax only "includes" one federal return and one state return. So I had to buy another state, for $29.99. Total is up to $70 now.

THEN, if you want to E-File (and who doesn't if you're getting TurboTax) you have to pay $16 PER RETURN to e-file them! :chair: That puts the total to over $100, I don't see them advertise THAT on the box :flipoff: Bastards :chair:

So, that's my rant on TurboTax :confused: It made things pretty easy, but how about a one-time price?!

slosurfer
04-10-2007, 06:38 PM
$70 sounds pretty good compared to the $450 I had to pay my accountant. What really sucks, is that estimated taxes are due at the same time! So lets say you are self employed and you had a better year than expected and owe a bunch to Mr. Tax Man, not only is that due but now your estimated taxes are much bigger and due at the same time. I hate tax time!

Good Times
04-10-2007, 06:51 PM
i'm protesting... not payin 1 penny! (doh). haha yeah right! :( (i wish)

neliconcept
04-10-2007, 07:25 PM
I got to ask you guys. I got over 300 last year due to only working half a year. however I worked a full fiscal year this year and I looked at my saved return my dad did, 110 dollars. I got in over 5k more this year then last. That cant be right. Im not a full time student this semester however this is a new fiscal year. No way my none full time status can affect my last years dues.

Any thoughts?

Henry
04-10-2007, 07:51 PM
All those fees for turbotax? Mine was just 29.99 for the state file. The deluxe federal file was some promotion (might be returning customer or something) so that was free. Did take me like 3 hours to input everything. Schedule D didnt import all the info so I had to go back and fix it line by line.

Texas Jim
04-12-2007, 02:00 AM
I file an extenshion TJ