PDA

View Full Version : Intro by a yota newb...

Crinale
04-11-2009, 12:31 AM
Hello everyone! My name is Kevin, and i'm completely new to yotas... Was referred here by Chris (slosurfer) when i found him on yotatech.

Anyway, nuff of the boring stuff. I just bought my 91 SR5 v6 (3.slo :shake: )... Picked her up locally for a STEAL... Paid $800 for her, because the previous owner was moving out of town, and the starter was out. So $120 and a little over an hour later, the starter is fixed, and i have a great truck ^_^. Best part? She has a brand new rebuilt motor! (about 2000 miles)! It is completely stock except an old stereo system (tape deck and external cd changer!!), and a set of bashed up 15" Eagle Alloys (series 206) with 31" Remington Wide Brutes... I have a brand new set of Cragar Soft 8's sitting in my garage waiting to go on though ;) I took her out for her inaugural photoshoot today ;)

Meet Kiara ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/Crinale/Kiara/HPIM0892.jpg

Showin a bit of flex:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/Crinale/Kiara/HPIM0893.jpg

Buried the hitch mount in the sand:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/Crinale/Kiara/HPIM0895.jpg

Between the sad stock flex and the open diffs, i couldn't quite make it up on the second stump...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/Crinale/Kiara/HPIM0901.jpg

Rest of the album: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v283/Crinale/Kiara/

So, as it seems everyone does, im already starting my mental list of mods... Up first i think will be a set of BJ spacers and cruiser coils, because the amount of flex in a stock 4runner isnt much, but the cruiser coils seem to open up the rear end a LOT... then hopefully (crosses fingers that they have them again) an Aussie locker in the rear...

Also, i should be joining you all for the Pismo Jamboree, as i go out there all the time (like 2ce a week ;)) since i live about 20 mins away from the dunes.

I like the attitude on this forum a lot better than that on Yotatech, so i'll probably be sticking around here, and only go back there to search for tech stuff, as they have massive amounts of info posted there... lol

-Regards
Kevin

troyboy162
04-11-2009, 12:47 AM
nah you dont want that. ill give ya the $920 you have invested for it cause im a nice guy lol. great lookin truck! and unbelievable price! thats perfect really, cause you wont be bothered when it gets banged up.

Crinale
04-11-2009, 03:25 AM
nah you dont want that. ill give ya the $920 you have invested for it cause im a nice guy lol. great lookin truck! and unbelievable price! thats perfect really, cause you wont be bothered when it gets banged up.

Lol... you wish ;) ... Thats my thoughts exactly though ^_^

slosurfer
04-11-2009, 08:24 AM
Dude, you didn't tell me you got it for that price!!! I've seen that 4runner before, I recognize the rims.

I was just out at the dunes for a couple hours yesterday, it was already packed and took forever to get through the kiosk because of all the campers. It was windy as hell out there too! Still was fun to go goof off for a little bit though. :thumbup:

Welcome to UY

fustercluck
04-11-2009, 08:34 AM
Nice to have you around. Take off your hat and stay awhile....

Crinale
04-11-2009, 12:43 PM
Dude, you didn't tell me you got it for that price!!! I've seen that 4runner before, I recognize the rims.

haha, ya the previous owner took it down there all the time, cuz they lived about a mile from the grand entrance... lol. ya i didnt tell you much about it, just that it was stock ;). im gonna be gettin rid of the rims soon tho, cuz one is cracked (hence why in some of the pics the passenger rear rim is the spare steal), and i have a set of Soft 8's ready to go on ^_^ message me next time you plan to go to the dunes, and ill try to come join you... need to meet a few yota peeps :drink:

X-Tool Pimp
04-13-2009, 09:14 PM
:headscratch: Im thinking a SAS, 4-link with some 40s, 5:29s lockers, sliders and all the other good stuff :thumbup: :laugh:

Welcome to UY :hillbill:

Scuba
04-13-2009, 11:16 PM
Pimp you would try and overwhelm the newb...

Welcome kevin, Sweet cheapo find dude, Im way down south near LA but ill be up at the dunes for the Jambo..

Welcome to UY And Happy Toyin !!

:bling:

Crinale
04-19-2009, 12:01 AM
Pimp you would try and overwhelm the newb...

iv done enough reading, and posting on other car forums that i know hes just antagonizing... i am thinking about the 5.29s (or at least 4.88s), lockers, and armor (bumpers and sliders)... but i cant justify a SAS... too much money, and very few trails around here where i would benefit from it. i would much rather do a LT setup ;)

carljwnc
04-24-2009, 08:31 AM
Alright Crinale, you've dragged me out of my Subaru hole. :hillbill: I'll no longer be a 'closet' Toyota owner. :smokin:

DHC6twinotter
04-24-2009, 08:51 AM
Well, look at that....somebody else from NC. Welcome!

carljwnc
04-24-2009, 02:44 PM
Well, look at that....somebody else from NC. Welcome!

Howdy DHC6twinotter!!! You actually welcomed me about a year ago (about a year after I first joined) when you noticed I was from NC. Lemme know if your ever headed into the mountains, I'm just southeast of Asheville.