PDA

View Full Version : Looking for new front bumper

ADH8796
04-11-2007, 10:08 AM
I have looked around and there are all kinds of nice bumpers but I think I have decided I'm either building my own custome front bumper or I'm going with this one so tell me what you think. Oh and I would be keeping my grill in and just cutting out where the winch bolts in.

http://www.irbisoffroad.com/bumpers_front-link.asp

ChromeKiller
04-11-2007, 04:03 PM
Build your own if you have the skills and equiptment. If I had to do it over I would go Armorology..... www.armorology.com

Mossyrocks
04-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Im not too fond of the bars on that bumper....... The armorology, now thats a different story. I talked to them a long time ago and they are the guys that talked me into building my own.

Mossyrocks
04-17-2007, 05:30 PM
Im sorry, but after looking at that rape of a subaru on their site, Im not sure that anyone should give those people money.

neliconcept
04-17-2007, 05:41 PM
Irbis makes a nice freakin rear bumper but that front bumper is teh fugly imo.

Custom may put you at around 1000, look at the arb sahara, Jason B has it for 899 and its a stout and sexy bumper, IF i could trade my tjm it would be for an armorology or an arb sahara.

ADH8796
04-18-2007, 05:52 AM
I heard that Armorology wouldn't build anything for your rig unless you drive up there an they custom fit it for your truck. Problem there is I live in Arkansas not really an option for me. I may just build my own I just dont have much time for that right now.

neliconcept
04-18-2007, 07:17 AM
yeah Jed at armorology builds them while the truck is in the shop, and from what Ric told me, you better take a vacation because its going to be a while before its done, 2 weeks maybe. You could always take a little vacation out there, its what a 13 hour drive for you? and have someone driving, drop it off come back and then figure a time to get it back.

or find a shop near you and just do the same design but a little different.

DNAhilux
04-20-2007, 12:55 PM
I have been interested in the bumper below and trying to decide when i'll pull the trigger on it. Its made of aluminum and is tig welded..looks pretty good and is not the same old tjm/arb(although there is nothing wrong with those)
http://rides.webshots.com/album/97766299ErIfoO

xcmountain80
04-26-2007, 11:27 PM
Just get a damn TJM 15 or 17 from Sonoran Steel and be done with it!

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e31/xcmountain/P4201867.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e31/xcmountain/P1310542.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e31/xcmountain/P1011148.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e31/xcmountain/P8130328.jpg

Aaron

cleansr5
04-27-2007, 06:06 PM
Talk to Ric about his stinger, no doubt the prettiest peice of metal i've ever seen.

drguitarum2005
04-30-2007, 07:12 AM
when i was trying to decide about this I had decided to go custom because after all, if youre goingt o spend $800 on an arb, may as well do a hundred or two more for something that you design and something that has everything you want. i got lucky and fell into a custom one that was already made, otherwise i'd have one custom made on my truck.

that irbis one is uuuuugly if you ask me. those vertical bars look like stitches sewing its mouth shut :x

bigwapitijohnny
05-01-2007, 07:01 AM
I too am looking for a new front. I priced out the ARB locally, and it looks like it will cost just a little less than that of a truly custom one. So, off I go to Armorology...I will post pics as soon as I get it :thumbup:.

xcmountain80
05-10-2007, 07:22 PM
when i was trying to decide about this I had decided to go custom because after all, if youre goingt o spend $800 on an arb, may as well do a hundred or two more for something that you design and something that has everything you want. i got lucky and fell into a custom one that was already made, otherwise i'd have one custom made on my truck.

that irbis one is uuuuugly if you ask me. those vertical bars look like stitches sewing its mouth shut :x

I only paid $575 for my TJM shipped? Ran into a car 2 wks later and yeah its battle tested.

Aaron

drguitarum2005
05-10-2007, 09:53 PM

I only paid $575 for my TJM shipped? Ran into a car 2 wks later and yeah its battle tested.

Aaron

not sure what your response has to do with my quote but no one ever said tjm's arent battle tested. it was too expensive of an option for me seeing as how mine was $275

xcmountain80
05-11-2007, 08:12 AM
Ok ok I see what I was thinking , I read $800 for a ARB might as well do a hundred or two more. Leaving me to believe you were going to spend $1k on a bumper. I was like your nuts and I got one for less like the $500ish number.

Aaron

turboale
05-13-2007, 09:03 AM
You can always add custom bars to the T-15 if you want a custom look without all the headache of designing an entire bumper... The Irbis bumper might not be as pretty but it is much better as far as departure angle and access to the winch seems much easier also. What I don't like is that it removes the stock grill, the price you pay for crazy departure angles...

Bob98SR5
05-13-2007, 11:20 AM
austin,

i think you mean you can "add custom bars to the T-17". the t-15 already has the hoops

bob

rocket
05-28-2007, 01:19 AM
Im sorry, but after looking at that rape of a subaru on their site, Im not sure that anyone should give those people money.

I've been at their shop a couple times. The owner is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.
Their front bumper is only what they have designed and show for sale...they can and will change the design to your liking. After all, they are a fab shop that will build what you want.

turboale
06-04-2007, 12:44 PM
oops, thanks bob!

ecchamberlin
06-05-2007, 05:14 AM
I had been concerned about approach angles with the front bumper choice also but what I have found with my TJM is that the bumper is not what limits approach angle. It is the stock frame ends that all these bumpers get bolted to that gets in the way. So unless the frame ends get cut off the approach angle is not all that different between ARB TJM Armorology....

rvadub
06-05-2007, 07:42 AM
Whats up with the armology website....I wanted to call them today but its dead or maybe it's soemthing on my end?

02-4Run
06-05-2007, 03:02 PM
It's down at the moment. I also pm'ed Ric asking if they went out of business lol He said no, their site is just down. He already called and told them.

Mossyrocks
06-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Any bumper has a better approach angle than a TJM or ARB. If I remember right my ARB came out like 6" past the front of the frame rails before it went up.

rvadub
06-05-2007, 07:46 PM
anyone hvae their number off hand....