PDA

View Full Version : Vote To Select Our May Featured Member!!

04 Rocko Taco
04-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Who should win our May 2009 spot?

For more info on the members entered, click here (http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=7565.0).

Scuba
04-21-2009, 12:01 AM
Good luck errryone

Crinale
04-21-2009, 12:23 AM
good luck to you too scuba, and NorCal ^_^

4runnerchevy
04-21-2009, 05:46 AM
I would have to go with Scuba, he's got the best shots, of his truck.

troyboy162
04-21-2009, 07:13 AM
yup scubs got the pictures this month. calico is cheating though. its like using a fish eyed lens for a skateboarding video lol. he drives a camery but calico makes it look like a tacoma :P

4runnerchevy
04-21-2009, 05:01 PM
yup scubs got the pictures this month. calico is cheating though. its like using a fish eyed lens for a skateboarding video lol. he drives a camery but calico makes it look like a tacoma :P

:rofl:

Three entries, one wheeling, one posing for a shot, and one going over speed bumps. It really didn't matter if scuba's shot is in his camry or VW, its still driving on rough terrain.

Obi..
04-21-2009, 06:35 PM
So you are saying b/c two of us aren't in the rocks our skills or vehicles lose your vote based solely on that judgement? :roll: That's just being narrow minded and pig headed.

*Thanks for those who voted for me, keep it up! :love:

Scuba
04-21-2009, 06:46 PM
Im keeping my mouth shut in fear of spounding like a pee pee head :chill:

04 Rocko Taco
04-21-2009, 07:08 PM
So you are saying b/c two of us aren't in the rocks our skills or vehicles lose your vote based solely on that judgement? :roll: That's just being narrow minded and pig headed.

*Thanks for those who voted for me, keep it up! :love:

Take it easy.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
He can say that he thinks Scuba deserves to win because he is wheeling more hardcore than the other participants. He is certainly within his rights. he isn't forcing anyone else to vote that way, or cutting you down at all. He simply stated that he thought for the featured member on this offroad forum that Scuba's pics take the cake. I think for most of us here that the obstacles in your pics aren't very hardcore, and there is nothing wrong with that, it takes all sorts of wheelers to make this sport what it is from hardcore rock eating full out buggy's to some crazy custom truggy's to the rock bouncing beaters, to the trail riders, to the mudders, and to the mall crawlers, we are all in this together, Kevin just based his opinion of the "Feature Member" on the most hardcore wheeling, which in his, and probably most others opinions this month is Scuba, are you, or your rig any less for this fact? no. Do you deserve to win any less? no. Are you any less important to this forum and hobby in general? no. Simply an opinion. :)

Let not be to harsh with one another Kevin, also lets not be rash and over dramatic...

Play nice kiddies.

4runnerchevy
04-21-2009, 07:34 PM
Wow, no offense but heres MY rating system. 1 being the most important

1. Is it 1st gen truck or runner.
2. Mods
3. Location of pic
4. Quality
5. Personal Judgement

In NorCal's case, I have been there, and its a couple of speed bumps, in Scuba's case I have NOT been there, but it looks like more action. Scuba won, my vote on # 3,and #5

Personaly I like to beat the living crap out of my junk, but I am different. I am not gonna play into an arguement so don't bother.

Kevin

Scuba
04-21-2009, 07:45 PM
Scuba won, my vote on # 3,and #5

Aww thank you :gay:

:good: by rocko and kev though...

:bling:

Obi..
04-21-2009, 07:51 PM
It's all cool guys, I was merely pointing something out is all. Agreed, Hollister is pretty much a playground by wheeling standards. That being said, use what is at your disposal was my point. Chris summarized my view pretty well w/o even having to talk w/ me. We are all members here, and we each have different views on the use of our vehicles, thus why as a whole this forum rocks!

*I did say "Don't Vote for me..." :angel:

X-Tool Pimp
04-21-2009, 10:36 PM
Im voting for the underdog, Crinale :hillbill:

Scuba
04-21-2009, 10:57 PM
oh thanks

Crinale
04-21-2009, 10:59 PM
i like bein the underdog... i doubt ill win, but i put myself out there to try... and sarcasm much scuba? lol

Scuba
04-21-2009, 11:36 PM
yeah I know.

Obi..
04-22-2009, 05:07 AM
I'm actually liking that folks would consider voting for Crinale. Just as with the past votes Scuba got last month, a possible work in progress deserves a vote as much as the other guy. That being said, I would truly like to see the actual vote and traffic count increase showing there are more members and viewers taking part in this site and the possible growth from that. This is one of the sites doing a feature member where it is not an automatic deal. Competition breeds growth.

JOSHH
04-22-2009, 12:54 PM
All tied up. Uh oh.

Seanz0rz
04-22-2009, 01:17 PM
Competition breeds growth.

and intense hatred among those competing! i say "FIGHT TO THE DEATH!"

corax
04-22-2009, 04:12 PM
Competition breeds growth.

and intense hatred among those competing! i say "FIGHT TO THE DEATH!"

http://pointlessbanter.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/thunderdomesized.jpg

My vote goes to NorCal for shear persistence and dedication to a 2wd

BTW, I've been hearing whispers and rumors that someone might be bouncing back over to the left coast again, possibly Eugene or somewhere there about

Obi..
04-22-2009, 04:37 PM
My vote goes to NorCal for shear persistence and dedication to a 2wd

BTW, I've been hearing whispers and rumors that someone might be bouncing back over to the left coast again, possibly Eugene or somewhere there about

You forgot ignorant, imbecillic and inventive! Serious thanks for the love everyone! :love: :drink:

You're coming back...sweet!! Does this mean we visit? :D O/T..T&R are moving possibly also, but down to Ventura. PM me man!

4runnerchevy
04-22-2009, 05:44 PM
No Offense, Nor, but 2WD sucks and even if you win, its gotta be a simpathy vote. Think about it !

Obi..
04-22-2009, 05:57 PM
No Offense, Nor, but 2WD sucks and even if you win, its gotta be a simpathy vote. Think about it !

:rofl: cheap shot! :shake:

Lee
04-22-2009, 07:00 PM
there's room in this vote for everyone, guys.

Seanz0rz
04-22-2009, 07:09 PM

hopefully its by this summer and i can visit you!

Obi..
04-22-2009, 08:30 PM
Keith=King of the O/T in the thread :D Yaay!! Party @ Keith's then mountain biking, and trail running. :D
Better yet, I still have my Oregon residency, Salmon or Trout for the group? :)

*Can I change my vote and enter Keith so I can vote for him :rofl:

B/O/T Scuba...dude we're neck and neck :bowdown:

Scooter25
04-22-2009, 08:39 PM
I've got to go with Scub this month for two reasons. I like the shots, and come on everyone let's be realistic. Next month his truck may be in the shop getting fixed.

gabe
04-22-2009, 08:48 PM
going with norcal... his truck seems pretty nice even if it is 2wd :)

Obi..
04-22-2009, 09:07 PM
I've got to go with Scub this month for two reasons. I like the shots, and come on everyone let's be realistic. Next month his truck may be in the shop getting fixed.

C'mon, please don't go doing that, he's grown from his experiences. If something happens it'll be your fault for the jinx and we'll all have to be hassling you ;)

Gabe, thanks :) cool voter turnout, 23, let's remember to show Crinale some love.

troyboy162
04-22-2009, 09:28 PM

lol its funny 'cause its true muhhahhaa

04 Rocko Taco
04-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Okay Okay, lets keep it civil. If it gets anyworse this month I'm just going to shut down the thread, and I sure dont want to, good competition this month!! I'm not going to babysit you guys, thats not what I am here for, and not what you guys are here for either. I'm not going to punish one or two, but I am sending out a couple of PM's, please lets just respect the friendly ideals of this competition, and the general feel and community sense of this forum. This forum is a great outlet for those in our sport, and we cant go screwing up our image, over things like this, lets think of the bigger picture here. If anyone has any concerns or questions, please feel free to PM me. Keep it friendly, or we'll have to do something ... "drastic" lol. Seriously guys, play nice.

I'm tempted to clean up this thread, but for now I'll leave it. Guys, check your PM's and please respond accordingly.

Crinale
04-22-2009, 10:33 PM
let's remember to show Crinale some love.

haha, im just enjoying that i got any votes :-P ... i knew i wouldnt win, just wanted to get my name out there a little ;)

Scuba
04-22-2009, 10:56 PM
Props to ya crinale,,,

Obi..
04-22-2009, 10:59 PM
Ditto the props...waiting to see the direction you take with it. I gotta figure since you're close to Chris, and probably have seen Mikey's 4Runner it's just a matter of time.

Crinale
04-22-2009, 11:35 PM
havent seen anyone's 4runner that i know of... but I do know Milton ;) ... his desert taco is SIIIICK...

Obi..
04-23-2009, 09:06 AM
When does the poll close? I'm trying to get a couple more forum recruits in here and voting, for whomever they so choose. :D

Scuba
04-23-2009, 11:37 AM
When does the poll close? I'm trying to get a couple more forum recruits in here and voting, for whomever they so choose. :D

:headscratch:

4runnerchevy
04-23-2009, 11:55 AM

No padding the vote.

04 Rocko Taco
04-23-2009, 02:59 PM
The vote will be closing no later than the 27th at midnight.

Keep it fair.

Obi..
04-23-2009, 03:46 PM
It'll end up fair, one of them wants to vote for Crinale anyhow.

Scuba
04-23-2009, 04:04 PM
It'll end up fair, one of them wants to vote for Crinale anyhow.

If you recruit people to vote *wink wink* FOR YOU..
How is that fair ?

I already asked chris to pull me out of it cause I dont want to be involved if thats whats gonna happen.

Obi..
04-23-2009, 04:10 PM
Sheesh, calm down everyone. Staff can verify a recent conversation subject of this regarding site referrals, all they'd have to do is check the I.P. hits for the last few days.

Besides, why would I go and do something like that. People are thinking way off base here and if someone I know who has been looking at joining the forum wants to register and then vote so be it. One's in Alaska right now, the other in North Carolina. You don't go faking registrations. The I.P.'s traceable. You all think I'm a mad scientist or something here. I am what you get, that is all. No subterfuge in any way. As it is you're still in the lead anyhow.

Scuba
04-23-2009, 05:22 PM
I really didnt need that long ass explanation :screwy:

Seanz0rz
04-23-2009, 05:24 PM
I really didnt need that long ass explanation :screwy:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :rofl: :spit:

ok, enough with the :horse:

im very sure shane wont cheat, and if he does, he will be summarily dismissed...

slosurfer
04-23-2009, 06:30 PM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e113/slosurfer27/offtopicexit.jpg

Obi..
04-23-2009, 06:35 PM
:lol: Thanks for clarifying succinctly Chris. Sean, I know how So-Cal handles things..something about airing down tires, digging the sand out, toilet paper and pink spray paint?

Here's the Alaska friend... http://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/272562-alaska-trip-thread-here-goes-6.html#post4367638

gabe
04-23-2009, 09:31 PM
I can't believe people are getting so upset over something so insignificant.

Can't we just live in harmony? :)

Obi..
04-23-2009, 09:35 PM
I bring teh drma? :rofl: FWIW I still think Scuba will win. :thumbup:

Scuba
04-23-2009, 10:41 PM
And I still think your padding the vote.

Did anyone actually read the link posted in reply #45...?
Cleary states "Shane, I registered and voted for you"

So, What I want to know is WHY HASNT A MOD PULLED ME OUT OF THIS YET, I CLEARLY STATED EARLIER THAT I WANT OUT ?!?!?!

Enough with the bs prick. Have fun winning knowing you cheated.

Obi..
04-23-2009, 10:51 PM
His vote won't count. He isn't an approved member yet. Sheesh, I bring a new forum member here and you guys freak the heck out. if you want to bail then bail, but why after all this? You can delete your own thread w/o a mod to need to do it. Stop calling names. There's no cheating at all ocurring or I would have been warned or worse banned. There's plenty in here saying who they have voted for without any changes. I pointed out that i wanted someone's logic is all.

How about we let Crinale win then, how does that look for all who've voted? :shake: How about I resigned from Wiki-Guru and now would resign from the forum, again what would this accomplish? Sheesh, and you guys say chill.

It's friendly competition, look at the poll results, 29 voters, there have been this many before, obviously the competition is heated, welcome it and move on.I'd like to see the vote count hit 40-45peers, think of it, bringing in more members into active status. Not everything gets handed to you on a silver platter, you have to work for it, and I know i have worked to earn votes, even when/if it does cause a stir. maybe people are voting this way as a statement about the behavior and attitudes and are actually taking sides.

Hmmm, what does that remind me of....People standing for a cause, voting, debate, arguement...

Oh yeah...politics. If you win cool, if I win great, I'll buy you a beer. :drink:

Crinale
04-23-2009, 11:50 PM
geez... this thread has degraded...

Small_words
04-24-2009, 07:53 AM
Gotta go with Scuba on this one. I think he's the only other poor bastard on here w/ a 4 cyl. :clap:
Besides, anyone who owns up to having questionable driving skills is alright in my book.

Obi..
04-24-2009, 12:48 PM
30 votes! Scuba's @14 ..gettin ahead..See, if you'd pulled out you wouldn't be ahead right now winning. :)
Think about it, if you win it will have been earned, not a given, I'd rather relish in something worked for than a freebie, appreciating my efforts.

As for the 4cyl, I'll still say that the newer 4cyl's are so nice I would actually wheel one myself having driven an early 80's truck w/ the 3RZ..they haul butt! They can easily outrun the 1JZ's if done right, let alone kill the 22RTE's..build it up and goto town, I'm actually a bit jealous of Scuba's single cab. (*Hmmm, give the Runner to the wife and build up another Toy :D :wrenchin: )

re:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70V3WZ_ovdw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU8iFKQuAWU

Obi..
04-24-2009, 08:06 PM
BTW, Scuba..*Just to show and prove I am neither, or ever would consider cheating, if it's Ok with the mods/staff and those who voted for me I'll willingly bow out if it won't piss anyone off too much.

All you would have to do is simply and politely ask me to do so, I'm sure they'd oblige given things aren't going along smoothly.

Scooter25
04-24-2009, 09:41 PM
All the drama is sort of funny. Can I get in on it as a late submission? :hillbill: Maybe next month.

Scuba
04-25-2009, 01:00 AM
BTW, Scuba..*Just to show and prove I am neither, or ever would consider cheating, if it's Ok with the mods/staff and those who voted for me I'll willingly bow out if it won't piss anyone off too much.

No you dont have to do that...
I just thought the way it all went was kind of flagrant..
Thats all.

A little bit of overreacting on my part, Lets all get back to the damn voting.

troyboy162
04-25-2009, 03:10 AM
what ever happens dont let this place turn into YT.

Scott you should have entered. theres no 3rd gens in this one and every time that happens, god kills a kitten

it also should be noted that Scuba is unfairly pulling the female vote with his boy band-esque hair cut. hahahah teasin scubs.

Scuba
04-25-2009, 08:00 AM
At least I can still grow hair :tongueout:

Obi..
04-25-2009, 02:48 PM
*So what happens if we do tie, we goto the Toyoda family trivia elimination/coin toss? :rofl: It would be pretty cool to see a tie, I don't think I've seen that one yet..

corax
04-25-2009, 02:59 PM
rock paper scissors to break a tie? both of you could PM a moderator with your choice, best out of 3 :D

Obi..
04-25-2009, 04:51 PM
rock paper scissors to break a tie? both of you could PM a moderator with your choice, best out of 3 :D

Man I thought I was getting old(er)..get w/ the times man!

Sheldon Rules Apply, it's Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock :D

re: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mKbnVKdix8

Scuba
04-25-2009, 05:37 PM
well ties are lame.
and it aint the 27th yet eh ?

I would say fight my brute, but I cant find my linky..

Obi..
04-25-2009, 07:28 PM
Brute's been down for a few days now..updates or something, and nah, I'm gonna finally finish up Kingdom of Hearts that I have had laying around from my old PS2 so no free time to build up a character, besides as far as Brute, mine's been beat down so much I had started another that's been stuck forever @ level 2 due to lack of time given on my part.

* http://mybrute.com/

04 Rocko Taco
04-26-2009, 08:26 PM
Thread closes TOMORROW! at one of the 12's..... we'll see which. Either noon, or midnight. So have those votes in by noon. If it isnt closed at noon, congrats you have another 12 hours. ooooohhhh, the suspense!!!

Obi..
04-27-2009, 12:50 AM
35 votes, Scuba's pulling ahead again. What was the prior most votes, 34?? :D

Crinale
04-27-2009, 12:24 PM
dang... this is really close... heh..

and as to the 4cyl, i would GLADLY swap a 3rz into my 4runner instead of my 3vze... same power, way better gas mileage... and with gearing, the power isnt so bad

04 Rocko Taco
04-27-2009, 08:49 PM
10 minute warning!!!!!

04 Rocko Taco
04-27-2009, 09:00 PM
Locking it up! Great voter turnout! Keep it up! Good luck next month to all of our submitters!!