PDA

View Full Version : Thankx

Ric
04-11-2007, 10:05 PM
I just wanted to tell all the Vets and active military on here, THANK YOU,
Thank You for my rights, my freedoms, and my liberties.
and if anyone here has family members either past or present military, please let them know, I Thank them.
if any of you vets or active members of our military ever come to Colorado, please let me know, dinner is on me.
Its the least I can do, for ALL that you do/have done :bowdown: :best:

Seanz0rz
04-11-2007, 10:09 PM
what he said.

though i may not agree that you should be fighting, and though i do not want to fight myself, i thank you endlessly for your sacrifice. i am not courageous enough to do what you do. i may never support our leadership, but i always support you!

Euphorickaty80
04-12-2007, 06:34 AM
Callmej75 was in the Navy. He acts like it was no big deal that he served his country but to people like you and me it is a big deal. I agree with the above statements. Thank you all!

tacoclimber
04-12-2007, 11:11 AM
Not much more I can add, except a heartfelt "thank you" to all those serving now and who have served in the past. :clap: :clap: :clap:

military_stang
04-13-2007, 11:27 AM
And thank you, there are a lot of my brother and sisters out there doing there part to keep each and everyone of us free... if only we all new what the U.S. really does for us to keep us free...

military_stang
:bangdesk:

reggie 00
04-14-2007, 11:21 AM
Callmej75 was in the Navy. He acts like it was no big deal that he served his country but to people like you and me it is a big deal. I agree with the above statements. Thank you all!

Cool,

I didn't know Joe was a brother Squid.

I have a buddy who lives in Denver, i might have to make a trip up there to see him and take you up on your offer. Of course I'll give you plenty of notice cause i can eat like there's no tomorrow. :0

Same goes for anyone who comes down my way. Let me know your around and i can make plans to meet up with you.

Ric
04-14-2007, 11:34 AM
reggie 00
very cool, just let me know :thumbup:maybe we could get a little wheeling while your here.

ElkaholicTRD
04-14-2007, 09:36 PM
All is I can say is Thank you guys for your support. Whenever you have support and thanks from citizens in this country, it makes it that much better to serve. So all I can really say is thanks for your support!

Crozhawk
04-16-2007, 06:36 AM
hey fellas, i'm an Army pilot and I gotta say this is one of the coolest things i've seen on these forums. I feel i gotta say thanks to you for just taking a moment to tip your hat ....right back atcha!! you guys are da bomb!! :thumbup:

Ric
04-17-2007, 08:49 AM
Croz,
thankx for your service there man, :thumbup: what ya fly ? how long ya been in ?

ecchamberlin
04-23-2007, 07:53 PM
Cool posting.

I am going to make him aware of this new Site but from the ....other place....Ryan AKA(Tanto) has just left from San Diego aboard the carrier USS Nimitz. Good wheeling buddy and patriot. He will be out watching our six for no less than 6 months.

Thanks for Standing the Watch my friend!

Hey there Ric. How are you doing Soldier?

Ric
04-23-2007, 08:19 PM
ecchamberlin,
pretty good here, thankx, waiting for the snow to melt so I can go play, lol

Its been a long time, very long time since I put that uniform on, so long, that i went and took a refresher class on map/compass reading, lol.
Everytime I see someone in uniform, I make it point, to go and shake thier, and simply say "Thank You" without them, I would have no freedoms, no liberties, it takes all kinds of people, doing all sorts of jobs, to have the freedoms that we have.

ecchamberlin
04-23-2007, 08:35 PM
Its been a long time, very long time since I put that uniform on, so long, that i went and took a refresher class on map/compass reading,

Service is service man! In fact I think of Police, Firemen and all other emergency types of occupations the same way as I do the military.

Ric
04-23-2007, 08:48 PM
In fact I think of Police, Firemen and all other emergency types of occupations the same way as I do the military :bowdown: amen to that, they do alot that goes un noticed.

Fingerman
06-02-2007, 08:43 PM
OOOH-rah, Corporal!

Lol, Ric, thanks for serving back in the stone age, you old fart. You too, BU1.

And I believe CallmeJ enlisted 2 seperate times in the Navy, once as an airframes guy and once as an ordnanceman, so he's got the 1up on all us!

ecchamberlin
06-02-2007, 09:28 PM
OOOH-rah, Corporal!

You too, BU1.

Okay you got me there. How did you know my Rate/Rank? I didn't think I had posted it anywhere.

Fingerman
06-02-2007, 11:19 PM
LOL I talked to you on YT once before I went to navy boot camp... I made MM3, got my SW pin, and then couldn't stay in? Ring a bell?

Sorry for the hijack.

slosurfer
06-02-2007, 11:24 PM
How the hell did I miss this thread! Thanks to all who are serving and who have served :bowdown: I want you to know that my family and I truly appreciate it.

Good to see some military on this site.

Ric
06-03-2007, 07:26 AM
OOOH-rah, Corporal!

Lol, Ric, thanks for serving back in the stone age, you old fart. You too, BU1.

And I believe CallmeJ enlisted 2 seperate times in the Navy, once as an airframes guy and once as an ordnanceman, so he's got the 1up on all us!

lol,, yeepers i was back when Jesus was a Private, lol

ecchamberlin
06-03-2007, 10:27 AM
How the hell did I miss this thread! Thanks to all who are serving and who have served :bowdown: I want you to know that my family and I truly appreciate it.

Good to see some military on this site.

And to you Devil Dog!

ecchamberlin
06-03-2007, 10:29 AM
LOL I talked to you on YT once before I went to navy boot camp... I made MM3, got my SW pin, and then couldn't stay in? Ring a bell?

Sorry for the hijack.

Oh yes. I do remember you. Sorry to hear that things worked out that way. Sounds like you pushed hard while you were in though. Very respectable!

Fingerman
06-03-2007, 10:50 PM
I loved it, though, and now that I'm out I'm glad (albeit a bit more financially unstable... gotta love the 1st and 15th!!). I have a daughter on the way, and I want to be there.

But keep rockin the blues, BU1! I'd do it if I wasn't scared of what might happen to my daughter if I'm not there!

ecchamberlin
06-03-2007, 11:12 PM
That was a hard call for my wife and I also when our son came along because we are dual active duty. At first I was set on getting out also but then as I learned how to reorganize my lifestyle with a child it became doable. Not judging your choice at all. Some can make it work for the right reasons and some cannot. Being in is by no means the only way to serve this great country of ours. Just being a good citizen and raising responsible children is in itself service.

Both my wife and I, because we know that we will have to and have deployed away from each other, in some ways keeps us from taking our time together for granted. That possibility is always there and in fact My wife is headed over to the middle east for a 6 month deployment starting the end of July. So she will go there and help put guys back together and I will be single dadding it for a time while se is away. We will make it work.

slosurfer
06-03-2007, 11:37 PM
Eric, my hat is off to you man! I had no idea you guys were a dual active duty family. :bowdown:
I have a son about the same age as yours and it is hard and my wife is a stay at home mom and I am no longer in service. If you ever need to get away for a few days while you are single daddy, come on up here. Jack loves to have other kids to play with.

ecchamberlin
06-04-2007, 05:23 AM
Thanks Chris. I may take you up on that. One huge reason we are able to do it is because we both come from solid families. Mom in Law is retired and loves to travel and spend time with us here in SD. Who doesn't love SD? LOL

It is funny because I have heard comments like "your family didn't come in your seabag" but I think the opposite. If we don't commit to service for our families and for Americans then what the heck are we doing it for in the first place?

I would like to se how many other military folks we have here at UY.

bamachem
06-04-2007, 06:14 AM
thanks so much to all of you who have served and who are serving our Country now. :thumbup:

Texas Jim
06-05-2007, 04:18 PM
I want to let you all know how much my freedom and rights mean to me!!! If it were not for the men and women that started this wonderful country where would we be??

Their thoughtless acts of bravery and courage will never be forgotten as long as I live.

Sure we forget sometimes to vote, and yes we all dislike being called for jury duty, but I consider every time I vote an honor and would gladly serve on any jury!!

When I am able to go out and get into my 4Runner and go almost any where I want to, I owe that privilege to those that are serving and have served!!!

Going down the street and even if I am scammed by some street hustler for a few dollars, That is my choice, and believe it or not that homeless person has the right to be homeless because of those that have served or are serving!! No body comes and locks them up because they are homeless. If you do see the homeless on a day to day event you don't go home one night and come back tomarrow and see where the side walk is bloody and that person is gone, you would be upset because that shouldn't happen to anyone!! That's because of those that have servered or are serving...

When I attend a Veteren's Funeral, and the American Legion is there as the Color Guard, and you hear Tap's being plaid by the lone trumpet player, watching as old glory is being folded up and the Commander of the Guard commands for the 21 gun salute, and hear the three salvos of the seven and listen as the Commander of the unit salutes the coffin and says Fairwell Comrad. I get that feeling like a large rock has gotten lodged in my throat. I feel a sense of honor and pride that I enjoy! I can be dam sure thankful for those that have served and are serving!!!! God Bless America!! :best: TJ

Ric
06-05-2007, 04:50 PM
I want to let you all know how much my freedom and rights mean to me!!! If it were not for the men and women that started this wonderful country where would we be??

Their thoughtless acts of bravery and courage will never be forgotten as long as I live.

Sure we forget sometimes to vote, and yes we all dislike being called for jury duty, but I consider every time I vote an honor and would gladly serve on any jury!!

When I am able to go out and get into my 4Runner and go almost any where I want to, I owe that privilege to those that are serving and have served!!!

Going down the street and even if I am scammed by some street hustler for a few dollars, That is my choice, and believe it or not that homeless person has the right to be homeless because of those that have served or are serving!! No body comes and locks them up because they are homeless. If you do see the homeless on a day to day event you don't go home one night and come back tomarrow and see where the side walk is bloody and that person is gone, you would be upset because that shouldn't happen to anyone!! That's because of those that have servered or are serving...

When I attend a Veteren's Funeral, and the American Legion is there as the Color Guard, and you hear Tap's being plaid by the lone trumpet player, watching as old glory is being folded up and the Commander of the Guard commands for the 21 gun salute, and hear the three salvos of the seven and listen as the Commander of the unit salutes the coffin and says Fairwell Comrad. I get that feeling like a large rock has gotten lodged in my throat. I feel a sense of honor and pride that I enjoy! I can be dam sure thankful for those that have served and are serving!!!! God Bless America!! :best: TJ

very well said and soo true, we all do have so many freedoms and liberties, and even though i served during peace time, even i, taken my freedoms for granted from time to time.
I know how lucky i am, i go wheeling every weekend, i chose to drive a toyota, i chose when i eat, i eat what i chose, thats just a few things, VERY few things, Im gratfull for, thankx to all the Vets that made that possible.

randver
06-05-2007, 06:11 PM
i know since i dont post much most of you dont know me. but, i just wanted to say thank you for supporting those of us in the military

IngaPrincessWarrior
08-13-2007, 05:32 PM
:best:

OOOH RAH!

Ric
08-13-2007, 06:36 PM
IngaPrincessWarrior hey there,, welcome :clap:

fustercluck
10-02-2007, 09:42 PM
I have been reluctant to add my thoughts for fear of diluting the intensity of my gratitude for you military men and women and families by the frequency with which I have expressed it in the past.

As we buried my father-in-law, a WWII veteran, and his widow was presented with the carefully folded flag, I pondered the value of service these patriots provide and what cost. My eyes well and throat chokes now with appreciation for those of you who have served, now serve and have committed to serve the cause of freedom. As I've said before, you stand between my precious family and those who would do them harm. The price of such service does not escape my awareness. We are forever in your debt. It is a debt I cannot repay, but I promise to teach my children the value of your service and honor you deserve. I promise to teach my children to earn the freedoms you guarantee with your lives...that's all I have. I hope it's enough.

Ric
10-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Fuster,
your Father-in-law is a true HERO in my book, SO is his wife, she also served, she gave up alot waiting for him, worrying about him, she is also a HERO :thumbup:
Im sorry to hear about your lose, but you can be proud.
This did make one eye leak, reminded me of when my dad past away, (I am the oldest son) I was just got off active duty, when he pasted, so I was handed the flag.
Talk about a very sad, but yet proud moment, looking down, seeing thate white glove holding the folded flag.
I somewhat know what your mother-in-law felt at that moment..
Send her and the family, my condolences.
Ive said this before, but will offer again, any military people (past or present) coming through my area, let me know, dinner is on me :thumbup:

fustercluck
10-03-2007, 08:29 PM
Thanks for your thoughts, Ric. Your account brings vivid images to mind of my father-in-law's services. You know what moved me was when his veteran buddies fired their WWII period M1 Garands in salute, they policed their brass and gave each grandchild a casing with a white gloved handshake. My sons keep their casings in a special place. The symbolism is rich.

Thanks for posting your experience. Thank you for your service Ric.

Crozhawk
12-14-2007, 11:04 AM
Croz,
thankx for your service there man, :thumbup: what ya fly ? how long ya been in ?

I forgot all about this thread. I fly Blackhawks but I'm headed down to Az to fly RC-12's. Thanks again to all our service men and women.

Sometimes I feel guilty because i haven't deployed yet, I have been serving in Wash DC at a non-deployable unit in response to anything that might happen here. It's an important mission but it's not the same as all my buddies getting their a$$ shot off over there. I should finally be deploying early next summer after this school.

My hat's off to all of you that serve, ...not just in the military but any kind of public service. Cheers