PDA

View Full Version : New trailing arm brackets - need a welder

expatoz
07-11-2009, 11:33 PM
Any recommendations on someone in SoCal who can cut off my stock brackets (hangers) and weld on new ones from Ruff Stuff?

So far only price I can get is $90/hr and 8hrs labor.

I believe the gas tank must be removed to weld the driver bracket. I am also a little concerened about getting the rear axle back to square.

Thanks
Mark

Good Times
07-12-2009, 12:42 AM
You try and get in touch with Bruce to see if he can help you out?

Robinhood4x4
07-13-2009, 07:02 AM
It might be worth it to drive up to norcal and have Roger Brown weld it or even out here to phoenix and have Steve Schaefer weld it. At either place, you can do all the manual labor in their driveway and just have them do all the cutting and welding.

As for alignment, just be sure to take careful measurements before you cut so you can get the new brackets in the same place. Even if you're a little off, it's not a big deal.

RobG
07-13-2009, 12:31 PM
Not sure where you are in SoCal but the guys at YotaMasters in Corona can do it and they are competitive. http://www.yotamasters.com/

If you are really looking for a lot cheaper than you were quoted are going to have to do like Steve suggests and do most of the assembly/dissembly work yourself.

Good Times
07-13-2009, 03:52 PM
Did you try Four X Doctor in Burbank? They're definitely closer to ya but not sure if it's gonna be any cheaper.

http://www.fourxdoctor.com/

I still say give Bruce a buzz, I'm sure if he has time he can help ya out. Removing the tank is not hard at all (just make sure it's not full of fuel!) Cutting the hangers are no fun btw. Sawzall it off and have fun grinding the rest off with an angle grinder! :wrenchin:

expatoz
07-15-2009, 10:51 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions.

I pm'd Bruce several weeks ago and got no response so I assumed he was not interested. I don't have his number.

I would be more than happy to do the disassembly and grinding if someone else can do the initial measurements and then the final measuring and welding. I just didn't think any companies would be willing to do that due to liability issues.

I will check with some of the names mentioned.

Once again, thanks heaps.

Mark

Good Times
07-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Mark,

you've got email.

thanks!

expatoz
07-17-2009, 08:56 PM
Thanks Lance (two thumbs up)