PDA

View Full Version : Corral Canyon, So Cal 7-26-09

strykersd
07-21-2009, 10:37 AM
Scuba and I are going out to Corral Canyon this Sunday to do a little shakedown run before Big Bear next weekend. I need to test out my new manual locking hubs and rear locker!

We're meeting up in the parking lot of Mountain Empire High school at 9AM Sunday July 26th. The address is 3305 Buckman Springs Rd. , Pine Valley, California 91962. We'll stick around until 9:30 airing down and waiting just incase someone is running late before heading into Corral Canyon.

I've seen a few rigs do these trails with open differentials and 31s with some careful driving and good spotting, but there are some big rocks out there so rock sliders are recommended.

The plan is to run Sidewiner, Bronco Flats and Bronco Peak (not the connector, my rigs not built up enough for it, but depending on the rigs that make it out I'd be willing to stick around and watch or ride along). If we have closer to stock vehicles, and we make good time I'd consider running Carvacre AKA Pancake Rock afterwards. These trails should take all day so bring a lunch and tons of water!

I'll be camping out there Saturday night also if anyone doesn’t feel like having to wake up super early and drive out there. I think that's about it, hope to see you there!

Scuba
07-21-2009, 10:43 AM
8AM WTF ?!?!?!

DEATHRUNNER
07-21-2009, 10:55 AM
You guys are nuts. It's way to hot to go out there. Have fun. hahaha

strykersd
07-21-2009, 10:56 AM
lol I normally go early so it's not too hot out there. But I'm planning on keeping the truck running all day with the AC on full blast so I don't really mind what time we head out there. What time works for you Scuba? Depending what time I get done back to camp Saturday I might even consider doing a night run Saturday night.

Scuba
07-21-2009, 11:17 AM
What if im there at 9 ?

strykersd
07-21-2009, 11:26 AM
9AM is good, I'm not complaining about another hour of sleep. Ok I'll update the original post

Scuba
07-21-2009, 05:05 PM
Sounds good Pat !!

:bling:

wifesaysimadumbass
07-21-2009, 09:43 PM
it's gonna be about 100 degrees out there if i had a/c i'd probably go

DEATHRUNNER
07-21-2009, 11:46 PM
Soak your underpants in water then stick em in the freezer over night. Works everytime.

strykersd
07-22-2009, 12:51 AM
it's gonna be about 100 degrees out there if i had a/c i'd probably go

I hope not, weather.com is saying the high up in Pine Valley this weekend is a pretty constant 88 degrees. Hopefully it's somewhere around that

randver
07-22-2009, 09:12 AM
good luck with the weather. i have run all 3 of those trails with 31s and no locker it can be done. but then again if you ask mikey he will probly tell you i will try just about any trail.

not to hijack this thread but when i get home from this deployment i do still want put together a wheeling, fishing, camping trip out there at CC

Scuba
07-23-2009, 11:33 AM
BUMP.

Yeah its gonna be hott but quit being panzies !!!

strykersd
07-24-2009, 09:16 AM
Ok, so I got the new locker and hubs in. I wasn't able to fix my horrible vacuum leak yet so the truck runs really rough, but it'll make it. Now I just have to bleed the brakes tonight and I'll be ready to rock.

I also posted this on justruns.com, a local San Diego wheeling group, but the thing is no body RSVPs from that group so I have not clue how many people are coming out. I guess we'll just wait and see on Sunday.

Scuba
07-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Kool..

Hah, I invited a friend thats a girl and she goes.."are there gonna be any other girls there.." Doubt that..

strykersd
07-24-2009, 11:14 AM
My girlfriend is coming with me so she won't be the only one