PDA

View Full Version : someone with a high lift please help

TrailGhost
07-28-2009, 12:50 PM
No I am not stuck on the trail or in need of a lift :D.
If you have a high lift jack and a pair of calipers or you are good with a scale could you please measure the width of the channel down the body of the jack? I am in the process of designing a rather inexpensive jack mount and since I don't have a jack in my possession I thought I would see if you guys could help. If you are not sure what I am talking about I am referring to the long section of the jack with all the holes in it. I need a measurement across the channel where the holes are but not the holes themselves. Not from end to end where it would most likely measure 48". Oh, I do need this from a 48" jack unless a 60" has the same design just longer. Thanks in advance guys.

04 Rocko Taco
07-28-2009, 01:25 PM
the 48's and 60's use the same center channel, just longer, I can measure mine... be right back.

04 Rocko Taco
07-28-2009, 01:29 PM
Okay, all I have around is a tape measure, but across the face where the holes are it is 1 inch and 29/32 or 1.90625" (you can do the math to convert this into anything else you want) and across the face that the jack actually slides up and down on it is 26/32 of an inch, or .8125"

Hope this helps.

TrailGhost
07-28-2009, 03:14 PM
Ok, when you say 1.906" are you referring to the area highlighted by the green line or the black line?
What I am looking for is the measurement from edge to edge indicated by the green dim line in the picture. Thanks for helping me out.
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e192/Jami_S/hiliftdim.jpg

4runnerchevy
07-28-2009, 03:54 PM
OMG, not to be an ass, but get a tape measure. If you don't have the jack, get the jack. If you can't read a tape, get help ! The channel on a jack has a radius, and every measurement will be different. With a Hi-Lift nothing needs to be that accurate even the dies that make the accessories.

TrailGhost
07-28-2009, 04:45 PM
OMG, not to be an ass, but get a tape measure. If you don't have the jack, get the jack. If you can't read a tape, get help ! The channel on a jack has a radius, and every measurement will be different. With a Hi-Lift nothing needs to be that accurate even the dies that make the accessories.

Do you have a jack? Send me yours then.
For what it is worth, I happen to be a highly skilled machinist so I am more than familiar with measurements using instruments & equipment you have probably never heard of. I am also familiar with inconsistencies related to castings and other formed metals. Also, I had no intentions of making an aerospace approved jack mount so all I needed was a ball park number in relation to the green dimension line in the picture. You ask one simple question and some body has to give a person grief over it. Can you provide the information I am looking for? Then stand on the sidelines and watch. I personally think your comment was unnecessary, useless, & rude. You have no idea what exactly I am trying to draw up. Without that detailed information I do not see the necessity for the response I received from you. I do apologize if I offend you but you had no consideration in how your response might effect me. Personally, it is fine if no one wants to help out but I do give props to Rocko Taco for providing the information he has.

04 Rocko Taco
07-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Sorry I didn't get the right info for you the first time, I was referring to the black line in the picture, the green line measurement 1.1875". but it should be noted that this is an approximate measure of the "center" of that edge, as it is sloped outward and is a smaller distance against the center of the jack and is a larger distance out at the edge of the rails.

Hope this helps. Post pics, I want to see what you come up with.

04 Rocko Taco
07-28-2009, 05:23 PM
Also guys... *puts his staff hat back on*

Lets keep it civil, everyone has thoughts, opinions, and the like. I dont see anything that crosses the line here, but lets play nice, okay?

That is all.

TrailGhost
07-28-2009, 06:22 PM
Thanks man. I thought from a visual standpoint that dimension would be close to an inch. I pretty much guessed it right in my design so we will see how it goes from here. Thanks again.