PDA

View Full Version : What could go wrong?

Cebby
09-01-2009, 09:40 AM
Let me get this straight:

Obama's health care plan will be written by a committee whose head says he doesn't understand it...

Passed by a Congress that hasn't read it and whose members will be exempt from it...

Signed by a president who smokes...

Funded by a treasury chief who did not pay his taxes...

Overseen by a surgeon general who is obese...

Financed by a country that is broke.

What could possibly go wrong?

(wish I could take credit for that post, but I swiped it from our local board...)

Seanz0rz
09-01-2009, 10:08 AM
so very very true!

yes, we need health care! and soon! just not this health care bill! now how about giving us one that DOESN'T suck?!

RunnerUp
09-01-2009, 09:10 PM
according to the obama we need 4 billion a year to cover everyone "efficiently" in this country, and right now, with our "ineffiecient" methods, we spend 2.5 billion... wheres that extra 1.5 billion going? red tape, thats where!

DHC6twinotter
09-01-2009, 09:29 PM
We are spending over 1 billion a month just on debt interest alone. That's more than our defense budget. :confused:

We do need changes to our current system, but government run health care is not the answer.

Tankota
09-02-2009, 05:55 PM
We are spending over 1 billion a month just on debt interest alone. That's more than our defense budget. :confused:

We do need changes to our current system, but government run health care is not the answer.

I would imagine that our defense budget is greater than 1 billion. That's chump change for today politics.

Well since "hope" won the election, why don't all those people just "hope" that they wont need medical coverage. Or "hope" that another couple trillion dollars just falls out of the sky to pay for it!

Obama's health care plan...? "NOPE"

DHC6twinotter
09-02-2009, 06:57 PM
I would imagine that our defense budget is greater than 1 billion. That's chump change for today politics.

Yeah, that's what I thought when I heard that too. I don't remember where I got that info from, but it's off. I checked the numbers (which I should have done earlier), and it turns out we spend on average about $34 billion/month on interest, and we spend on average 39.5 billion/month on defense (preliminary '09 estimates). There is still time left in the year too, and it would not surprise me to see the interest surpass the defense budget sometime in the next few months or year.

http://treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/ir/ir_expense.htm
http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/104xx/doc10433/07-2009-MBR.pdf

Bob98SR5
09-02-2009, 07:50 PM
this one is the best: i have heard a number of democrats in town hall meetings answer the very simple question "how will you all pay for this when we are running the biggest deficit since the great depression"?

the #1 reason i have heard repeated 4-5 times now is "...savings gained through efficiency"

HAHAHAHAHA

anyone here work in software? and worse yet, anyone here work in GOVERNMENT and in software? the fallacy that systems create efficiencies and save money is just a bunch of bullc##t. new systems require more people. systems designed to consolidate decades of legacy data into a single database is a pipe dream. software people: you know what I'm talking about here. Not to mention in this case, we are talking about disparate data sources that are NOT owned by the govt.

i dont trust the govt to run ANYTHING efficiently. govt is the antithesis of efficiency. we experience it everyday. what makes you think a charming president with the gift of gab will make this all magically happen?

04 Rocko Taco
09-02-2009, 08:36 PM
well said bob!!

RunnerUp
09-03-2009, 11:18 PM
what makes you think a charming president with the gift of gab will make this all magically happen?

a democrat controlled congress...

Small_words
09-04-2009, 11:33 AM
[/quote]

For now. We'll see at the end of this year how the '10 election is shaping up. I can't believe the Democrats are going after their own moderates b/c of their reluctance to pass this bill. Talk about a house divided.

fustercluck
09-04-2009, 10:17 PM
savings through efficiency...prove it!

Bob98SR5
09-05-2009, 12:21 AM
what makes you think a charming president with the gift of gab will make this all magically happen?

good point, but there are long term political repercussions of ignoring the other side of the aisle and on the democrat side of the aisle, they are not dumb to think that the independents who pushed them into victory are NOT at all happy with the lethargic pace of the so-called "change" that was supposed to happen. i'd say even more so when it comes to the furor at these town hall meetings, even in the most democratic of democratic states.

Ric
10-18-2009, 08:36 AM
Let me get this straight:

Obama's health care plan will be written by a committee whose head says he doesn't understand it...

Passed by a Congress that hasn't read it and whose members will be exempt from it...

Signed by a president who smokes...

Funded by a treasury chief who did not pay his taxes...

Overseen by a surgeon general who is obese...

Financed by a country that is broke.

What could possibly go wrong?

(wish I could take credit for that post, but I swiped it from our local board...)

very nice.. love it,, we are in soooooo much trouble with this clown

Ric
12-22-2009, 07:13 PM
Just got this emailed to me today:

Pray for Obama bumper sticker

Was in KC over the week end. When I left to come home traffic was moving slowly, and a car in front of me had an Obama bumper sticker on it.

It read: "Pray for Obama. Psalm109:8".

When I got home I opened up my Bible to the scripture, and read it and I started laughing and laughing.

I couldn't believe what it said. You will have a good laugh, too.
><>
Psalm 109:8 KJV
"Let his days be few; and let another take his office."
Look it up for yourself.. oh, and pass this on..

Scuba
12-22-2009, 09:05 PM
That's priceless

DHC6twinotter
12-23-2009, 08:26 AM
:lol: So true!

fustercluck
01-05-2010, 09:34 PM
America Rising Video An Open Letter to Democrats (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZs8k4pJcyk#) An open letter to democrats

04 Rocko Taco
01-07-2010, 09:22 AM
Me likey Fuster. :)

CJM
01-07-2010, 03:55 PM
Tar and Feather them..

Erich_870
01-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Tar and Feather them..

LOL, I was just discussing with a co-worker how we wished that was still a viable method to deal with politicians who have lost all traces of accountability, common sense and respect for the Constitution. Nancy P wouldn't have a featherless millimeter on her.

Maybe we could watch it on CSPAN!?! Oh wait, you can't really expect the president to stand by something he's said 8 separate times...

Erich

fustercluck
01-07-2010, 04:27 PM
I mostly feel bad for you younger folks. I am old and have less to lose from a bankrupt nation and a failed economy than you do. Ultimatley it will mean that you will enjoy fewer and more superficial freedoms than I did at your age. You will bear the burden of trillions of dollars of debt and the discouragement of surrendering you earnings to pay for generations who stole from you and then died off. You will have to overcome the disincentive of having pieces of your life time redistributed to others who will not provide for themselves whether out of slothfulness, poor behavior/choices or pur covetousness. By sheer chance, I will mis most of the consequences of out 'leaders'' shortsightedness and self interest.

Even so, I work within my sphere of influence preaching in futility the importance of the true principles of freedom and equality. Sometimes I feel like I am lecturing those with ears but cannot hear and eyes but will not see. When an individual cannot even understand the value of personal freedom or will not associate freedom with resonsibility or refuses to recognize the relationship between a moral code and freedom, I can do no more than wade through the rubble of a broken foundation of constitutional understanding possessed by an individual ripe for tyranny, oppression and exploitation; a person willing to bear the velvet shackles of soft dictatorship/totalitarianism for the perception of security and illusion of providence.

To that person the true principles of freedom are notheing more than just words; just speeches....

DHC6twinotter
01-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Fuster, if I ever become president, you can be my speach writer. :D

Hopefully the 2010 elections will turn things around for the better, but I hope it won't be too late. We've got a lot of things that need to be undone...

fustercluck
01-07-2010, 05:26 PM
Fuster, if I ever become president, you can be my speach writer. :D

Hopefully the 2010 elections will turn things around for the better, but I hope it won&#39;t be too late. We&#39;ve got a lot of things that need to be undone...

Hehe. It would be my greatest honor....however, speak that plainly, and you will not likely get elected unless the public becomes so fatigued with limitations and moral famine that it is willing to accept truth regardless of the personal difficulty that it requires. Pride is the obstacle of learning and refinement. Pride cometh before the fall. We are a proud nation...for all the wrong reasons.

Where have you gone, Mr. President?; a nation turns it&#39;s lonely eyes to you...

http://centerformoralliberalism.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/ronald-reagan.jpg

CJM
01-07-2010, 05:27 PM
I just hope it all doesnt implode and we become like a less scary version of madmax.

Okie81
01-08-2010, 09:32 AM
...You will have to overcome the disincentive of having pieces of your life time redistributed to others who will not provide for themselves whether out of slothfulness, poor behavior/choices or pure covetousness...

Hence Atlas Shrugged with the weight of the world upon his shoulders...

Well put Fuster.