PDA

View Full Version : So, I got a new car...

turboale
04-15-2007, 02:29 AM
Long story short, I went to the Infiniti dealership the other day to test drive something and drove out with something different. Anyway, I got an "All New" G35 sedan (coupes aren't out yet and there is NO way I could fit into an old one. Plus, I like the extra room of the sedan anyway, comes in handy. I'll be paying for it for a while but its a great DD and hopefully it will be a great car. It won consumer reports car of the year (not that I have really trusted them for car stuff but member reviews were usually pretty helpful. They really did their homework on this car and it is virtually a computer on wheels. The interior and electronics packages is where they made leaps and bounds and are close on the heals of the BMW 5 series with the Japanese reliability. I'm lovin it!! :smokin: :king:

Some friends and I went out the other day and got some pretty sweet pics...
http://www.deepabyss.com/austin/g35_01.jpg
http://www.deepabyss.com/austin/g35_02.jpg
http://www.deepabyss.com/austin/g35_03.jpg

Its getting tint and the module that allows me to use all nav/video/phone functions while moving and thats it as far as mods.

bamachem
04-15-2007, 04:46 AM
now THAT is an incredible looking car.

WOW.

Tofer
04-15-2007, 12:11 PM
thats sweet!!! i love fisheye photo work....

garrett
04-15-2007, 12:34 PM
nice! :drool:

localmotion
04-15-2007, 12:43 PM
how much did that set you back?

I am actually thinking about getting a new car....its time I get something a little more luxurious.

I have a friend who works for Michelin and apparently they get a huuuge discount at nissan/infinti that they can transfer to friends/family

MTL_4runner
04-15-2007, 04:14 PM
I have a friend who works for Michelin and apparently they get a huuuge discount at nissan/infinti that they can transfer to friends/family

That's strange, I wonder what the link is there?!
Never heard of that one before.

amgraham
04-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Nice car man! My fam just got an '02 Altima with the 3.5L and it is a great motor.

96 Runner
04-15-2007, 05:10 PM
Great looking car dude, and awesome pics. We are on the lookout for a 2003 G35 sedan at the moment (we refuse to make payments on anything, otherwise your car would be in the front running).

rubysRunner
04-16-2007, 01:59 AM
:drool: Austin you lucky bugger! I'm so very jealous right now. I've always been in love with the infiniti G's. One of the sexiest cars on the road IMO. Nice pics too.

turboale
04-16-2007, 02:37 AM
Thanks guys,
I am truly loving it. Well mostly... I'm still in break-in and I can't take it over 4k. My buddy is thinking about getting a full car rig for his camera so hopefully I will be posting a bunch more. For now I'm going to wait until friday at least when she goes in to get tint and hack the nav so I can use all the features while in motion.

I hear ya... I just don't have any credit right now and this way I get the best of both worlds. Build credit while enjoying a great vehicle that hopefully will last me a long time.

Local,
Go drive one, you will be hooked. Especially if your into technology and gizmos like I am. The sport really makes you feel connected. Almost too much, I took the car down to south central GA to meet this guy I'm going to be interviewing for documentary class and I was out in the country roads that were nothing but flat straight roads in the middle of nowhere. I had to catch myself a couple times as I would look down at the speed-o and realize I was going 90!?