PDA

View Full Version : Rescued a LR Disco

CJM
10-17-2009, 11:09 PM
Friend of my little brothers calls us around 12am and says he got his land rover disco stuck in this field.

So I load up my truck and bring my friends 2008 (he just got it today too lol) nissan frontier as support.

Get there and the kid directs me in, no sooner do I pull into the trail than the cops show up. I get out explain to cops wtf happened, he gives me the go ahead to get him out.

Go back there, idiot is on bald hwy tires and the 4wd system wasnt engaged. He ran off into a rut on the pass side and was stuck up to the frame.

Attach tow strap to my hitch and to his with my handy grade 8 massive bolts that formerly held up the front diff (I replaced them and these are spares). Took all of 30 seconds and I had him out.

Cops let me and friend go, kid gets to talk to cops. I tell the cops before I go to be nice, the kids just a stupid idiot. Cop asks me "is anyone with him, perhaps a girl" I reply no and they laugh and go "poor guy isnt even getting laid for this!". In the end they let the kid go, atm they are gonna have the owner of the property assess damages and we shall see. It was in some kinda farm field.

I tried to use his 4wd, but what a funky system. Couldnt figure it out and no dash light came on even tho I moved the lever. Oh well T100 despite being the vibration queen yanked him out with little more than 25psi in the tires and 4wd high :lol:

Nick
10-18-2009, 09:30 AM
no sooner do I pull into the trail than the cops show up.

...because it's NJ :) Sorry I can't help it!

The only place I've ever gotten stopped while driving 20 in a 25...because my '24in 30'in total Magnaflow was too loud. !

That said - good call and glad the cops were nice enough not to ticket you and believed you were just there to help the guy out. However - I really despise when people go trespassing in random fields, tear up someones property, and even better...get stuck.

YotaFun
10-18-2009, 11:53 AM
However - I really despise when people go trespassing in random fields, tear up someones property, and even better...get stuck.

Same here, they are the guys ruining the opportunity for the rest of us to off-road anywhere else...

Crinale
10-19-2009, 04:18 PM
ya, i dont agree with the wheelin in someone's field either... but still a funny story... haha

CJM
10-19-2009, 06:16 PM
Honestly I know the owner of that field, he probably wont care to much.

Even so imho the reason the kids went there wasnt to offroad really-the truck it smelled of a certain substance that one smokes and no I dont mean ciggs.. Stupid young kids..

Yea, at least I was nice. If it had to be towed out it woulda cost the kid like 500 bucks or more. Local tow yard woulda had fun with it, getting anything but a 4x4 wrecker in or a reg one was it, no flatbed woulda fit at all.