PDA

View Full Version : Ballistics Computers

BruceTS
11-26-2009, 10:04 AM
I've been wanting to purchase one for a while, the other day I decided to do a search to see what they cost and came across this app for my IPhone, needless to say I purchased the military version right away. Have not had a chance to use it, but it will make life much easier that doing manual calculations that I used to do.

here's a link to the one I got;
http://www.knightarmco.com/bulletflight/index.htm

Figured I'd start a thread on them and if others have used different brands and their thoughts.

troyboy162
11-26-2009, 05:15 PM
looks like the way to go if you use those. the piccany rail ipod mount is funny looking. that case they have is nice though

NakSuKow
11-26-2009, 05:21 PM
I use Cheytac's Advanced Ballistic Computer in conjunction with a Kestrel 4000. As far as I know they are the only ones who have actually shot the rounds and had dopler radar track them for there bullet drop data. With a chronograph and quality rounds it makes sighting in very easy.

I have also played with Nightforce's software but haven't shot with it.

BruceTS
11-28-2009, 12:13 PM
Cheytac's computer is way out of my price range, and if this IPhone app does the job I'll be happy. I have a few boxes of M118LR for my Rem 700 to compare with so when I have the time I'm going down the range and do some testing.

Robinhood4x4
11-28-2009, 07:59 PM
I've got a free one called ballistic lite. I've never used it, don't know anything about it other than it's on my ipod.