PDA

View Full Version : Intro. Another newbie who needs some help.

theexonerator
11-28-2009, 11:49 AM
Hello,
Just bought an 87 4runner a couple days ago. Rebuilt 22re, manual, small rancho lift, matte black.
Really nice truck, I think I'm in love. Only thing wrong is some confounding electrical problems.
I can't do electrics. I just get overwhelmed with the shear amount of wiring and the tangles. So it goes.
Anyways, if anyone can help me. I would be eternally grateful.
I'm in Boulder, CO right now, my home/stomping grounds, but I'm planning on moving to Salt Lake City this monday for the snow season.

theexonerator
11-28-2009, 11:53 AM
Forgot to say that I posted this question in the tech forum here maybe? http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=8478.0

Crinale
11-29-2009, 12:58 PM
Welcome to UY... im sure youll enjoy your stay here, were all (for the most part :hillbill:) a friendly bunch ;)

You should post some pics of your truck!

theexonerator
12-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Just got to Salt Lake City. The Runner held up great on the trip from Boulder. Thanks to some help here (corax) I got an aftermarket temp gauge installed (if anyone needs tips, I got it on lock), and fixed my light switch problems.
Now the problem is that there is a bit of oil dripping from the tranny. I'm not sure exactly where from, but it needs to be figured out today.

If anyone knows a good mechanic that might help me out in SLC let me know!! going looking soon here.

Thanks for the warm welcome, and here's a kinda shitty, but soon to be updated, pic of the runner.

04 Rocko Taco
12-02-2009, 04:54 PM
crawl under and see where you are leaking from on the tranny. 9 times out of 10 on these, you are just missing a couple of assembly bolts from the sides (usually the pass side). Other places to check, are the tailhousing, and where the trans joins the t-case. Pics help too, and we'll see what we can do from across UY.

Welcome by the way!!

CJM
12-02-2009, 05:05 PM
I would spray the whole thing down with some brakecleen after you check if you cant find it then wait for it to drip again.

x2 on Rocks suggested areas to check. Also check rear main..